• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manning to Part ways tomorrow

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"3 years 26 mil is the offer smith has on the table
3 years 35 mil is as high as the niners will go for manning "

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im getting it now

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
"3 years 26 mil is the offer smith has on the table
3 years 35 mil is as high as the niners will go for manning "

linkkp.png

????????????????????????????

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and your damn picture and videos Sickness. You must spend a lot of time looking for the right one lol.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, this topic is both infuriating and nauseating. Infuriating because Manning represents the DeBartolo way, which is get the best man for the job and put him in a position to win. Harbaugh is about as competitive as it gets. Harbaugh wants to WIN! If he thinks that Manning can do that for him, then there is only one reason why you wouldn't take that gamble....if he doesn't think that CK is ready yet and will take a couple of years. I believe that Harbaugh understands the psyche of a QB enough to know what to say to make sure Alex felt all warm and fuzzy and secure for the first time in his career. But I think that Harbaugh would sell his soul to the devil if it meant netting him a Super Bowl win. Him saying he is standing by Alex is lip service IMO. Do you think ANYONE in that locker room is going to think "man, that's fucked up what coach did to Alex..." upon a Manning signing? Fuck NO! The offensive guys are probably going to be licking their chops at the opportunity.

Bottom line, I would rather be the team that takes a flyer on Manning then have to go up against him twice a season wearing a Hawk or Card jersey. If CK is closing in quickly on becoming our franchise QB, fucking SIGN MANNING!!!!!!

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning made guys like Austin Colie and Blair White notable WRs. The notion that he wouldn't make much more talented guys like Crabtree and Morgan better is absolutely ludicrous.

I'm sick and tired of people throwing everybody else on offense under the bus to prop up Alex Smith. I've never seen such ridiculous and demented loyalty to a QB that has consistently underperformed. It's beyond lunacy at this point.

Maybe I'm allowing semantics to get in the way of your point, but I don't think any QB makes any WR better but I do think a good QB will make WR's more productive.

As a couple examples, did Montana make Davis & Birden, and did Brady make Moss better WR's or did Montana's and Brady's accuracy simply allow those WR's to be more productive?

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm still waiting for my prize, but anyway...how is this ANY different than your claims about Harbaughs "ego". Your position is hypocritical.

Peyton Manning is all about money and to be fair most of these guys are...but if he REALLY wanted to be a Colt next season, then there was number and he did not like it. That surprises me, because if you love the game as much as he claims, and love the Colts as much as he claims, and have made enough money for 5 lifetimes to be a multi millionaire...then he could've offered a deal that would keep him a Colt unless they just flat out didn't want him and that is not the case.

I make a damn "sub-fraction" of what he does, yet I have a job that men would pay to, that they dream of as young men and even more when they grow up...perhaps I love my job more than he loves his...but if I felt like he says he does and had his money I'D HAVE FOUND A WAY...if Jim said sorry Peyton, either way can't keep you...fine that is different...

[edit] And personally I am a Manning fan...of the whole family, I know the church where is parents were married and I shop at the store his maternal grandparents own...I'm not saying its wrong, but I think he's being VERY loose with the truth or simply does not understand what loyalty and devotion really is...money doesn't drive the real thing at all...

I guess we'll see by what type of contract Manning signs whether he is greedy or not. Personnally, I think he loves the organization so much that he did not throw them under the bus by telling the media the real story which I believe to be that the Colts did not want him back at all to disrupt the progress of Andrew Luck. I'm betting Manning offered to come back for much less but the Colts asked him not to thinking it is time to move on since Luck is expected to be a once in a generation opportunity.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just saw Peyton's presser. All I can say is wow. What a guy. The integrity and passion are just off the charts. As long as it's not Seattle and Arizona, I'll be rooting as hard as I ever rooted for a non-49er to succeed. There's no doubt in my mind he can still play.

+1. How can we not be considering signing this guy.

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guess we'll see by what type of contract Manning signs whether he is greedy or not. Personnally, I think he loves the organization so much that he did not throw them under the bus by telling the media the real story which I believe to be that the Colts did not want him back at all to disrupt the progress of Andrew Luck. I'm betting Manning offered to come back for much less but the Colts asked him not to thinking it is time to move on since Luck is expected to be a once in a generation opportunity.

That is possible...Clyde said there was an unsubstantiated rumor that he was offered an all incentives contract...and the fact that it is not getting out there is either Peyton not wanting people to see what he was asking or like you said the Colts not wanting to reveal that they had moved on...eventually it will slip out or be released.

From what I've read and understand they were negotiating, with Peyton walking it makes me scratch my chin...

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Could we afford to pay alex smith and Peyton Manning?? i know we still need money for a wr and corner back but we can always hope reggie wayne would come here at a discount price for a chance to win a super bowl

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1200+ yards EASY???...Unfortunately, I think Baalke & Harbaugh are planning to give Crabtree plenty of legitimate competition for balls so I doubt he would get anywhere near 1200 yards let alone 1200+ easy.

Manning will not make Crabtree or any of our WR's better, however I would expect he would make them more productive. Or, less productive in Crabtree's case if Crabtree didn't improve his reliability - Manning likes WR's who he can catch the ball.

So, while Manning can hit tight windows Crabtree is rather weak at catching passes in tight windows. A few dropped passes, a couple tips for INT's and Crabtree would be lucky to reach 800 yards with Manning at the helm.

You're right. Crabtree's numbers probably would go down with Manning at the helm. Good thinking.

Good to see you over here, btw. I've been waiting for an update on how much better Bradford was that Smith at the beginning of the season.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Maybe I'm allowing semantics to get in the way of your point, but I don't think any QB makes any WR better but I do think a good QB will make WR's more productive.

As a couple examples, did Montana make Davis & Birden, and did Brady make Moss better WR's or did Montana's and Brady's accuracy simply allow those WR's to be more productive?

I think it depends on the player. If it's an established WR, no, the QB probably isn't making that guy "better" per se. He's making him more productive. If it's a young receiver, though, I think a guy like Manning absolutely makes him a better QB. Manning is a teacher. If Garcon had gone to most other teams, I think he's an afterthought. On the Colts, he blossoms in his first two seasons, and then builds on that even without Manning. I absolutely believe Manning had a big hand in his development, if only because guys will feel compelled to rise to Manning's level of commitment.

Now, that's not to knock Smith's commitment at all. But Peyton Manning commands a hell of a lot more respect.

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the 49ers are seriously considering Manning, but keeping it under wraps in case it doesn't work out for Smith's sake. I'd love it if we came out of left field and got Manning like the Eagles got Nnamdi last year...hopefully with better results of course.

I just don't see any reason not to go after Manning.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He prefers the AFC over the NFC because of his familiarity of that conference. The Niners are probably the only NFC team he would consider because they came so close last year. I do hope that we are one of the 12 teams that inquired about his services. Failure to do so would be a disservice to the fans.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there are five unknown teams out of the 12. I got 6 teams in bold who could be possibilities. The Texans and Niners are both not supposed to be interested. Only other team I might see asking about him is Minnesota.

Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, Bills, Patriots, Raiders, Chargers, Rams, Niners, Bears, Lions, Packers, Vikings, Ravens, Bengals, Browns, Steelers, Falcons, Panthers, Saints, Bucs, Texans, Jags, Titans

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there are five unknown teams out of the 12. I got 6 teams in bold who could be possibilities. The Texans and Niners are both not supposed to be interested. Only other team I might see asking about him is Minnesota.

Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, Bills, Patriots, Raiders, Chargers, Rams, Niners, Bears, Lions, Packers, Vikings, Ravens, Bengals, Browns, Steelers, Falcons, Panthers, Saints, Bucs, Texans, Jags, Titans

Titans said to have no interest as well.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we would have to be one of the 12.