• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manning cleared to resume his career

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodwin could be cut. He's over paid. Haralson could be too.

Shawntee Spencer = gone. Maybe Delanie Walker too? Draft a #2 TE?

Let Rogers walk & sign a WR?

In my off-season thread I allocated 10 to Alex, 5 to Brooks, and 8 to Rogers. You let those three walk and you have more than enough for Peyton. But our D would be a lot worse unless we hit a home run with another OLB in the draft.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning - QB - Colts

Appearing on NFL Network Friday, agent Tom Condon hinted that delaying Peyton Manning's $28 million option bonus won't be a consideration.
Condon indicated that a delay was theoretically possible, but the bonus "exists now" and "we're fine with it." Condon also acknowledged that both sides are playing the media, and the report of Manning's medical clearance came in response to the idea that it would be "foolish or dangerous" for the QB to play in 2012. Condon concedes that Manning could not play effectively right now, but that will change with a few months of training. "He's not done," Condon said emphatically. Of Manning's bonus, NFL insider Jay Glazer said the Colts are "not going to pay it."

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Peyton Manning - QB - Colts

Appearing on NFL Network Friday, agent Tom Condon hinted that delaying Peyton Manning's $28 million option bonus won't be a consideration.
Condon indicated that a delay was theoretically possible, but the bonus "exists now" and "we're fine with it." Condon also acknowledged that both sides are playing the media, and the report of Manning's medical clearance came in response to the idea that it would be "foolish or dangerous" for the QB to play in 2012. Condon concedes that Manning could not play effectively right now, but that will change with a few months of training. "He's not done," Condon said emphatically. Of Manning's bonus, NFL insider Jay Glazer said the Colts are "not going to pay it."

This is unfolding in such a weird way - what a difference a year (and $28M) can make...

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You rejigger some contracts that will hurt you in the long run and give Manning playoff and Super Bowl bonuses.

That should be what he cares about and not getting a Steve Young USFL contract.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning - QB - Colts A Dolphins source tells the Miami Herald that Peyton Manning has indicated several times throughout his career positive feelings for South Florida.
"His wife is also a big fan of the area," the source said. "He likes the area. He likes the vibe of the area more than you might think. They own a condo down here." Manning will have plenty of time to spend in the area when his career is over. Expect offensive personnel, franchise stability, and quality coaching to trump geography on Manning's list of priorities.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are talking about 3 neck surgurys nerve damage,,,,,he's one good hit away from being a cripple,,,I would not take the chance,,,HE HAS NOTHING TO PROVE

What football player ISN'T one good hit away from being a cripple?

signed,

Daryl Stingley

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Peyton Manning - QB - Colts A Dolphins source tells the Miami Herald that Peyton Manning has indicated several times throughout his career positive feelings for South Florida.

I just thought of this: wouldn't it be funny if the Colts cut Manning and everyone in Miami thinks he's going there and the Niners sign him at the last minute like they did Harbaugh?

:)

The 49ers + a healthy Manning = The best team in the NFL.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just thought of this: wouldn't it be funny if the Colts cut Manning and everyone in Miami thinks he's going there and the Niners sign him at the last minute like they did Harbaugh?

LMAO!!!...I think you would start seeing WTF billboards popping up everywhere in Florida!!

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 49ers + a healthy Manning = The best team in the NFL.

Sign Manning, and draft a legit #1 WR or at least a big body red zone threat and the team would be pretty dominant. Although, I haven't really looked into the cap situation or anything like that to see if it's even reasonable to go after him. Hopefully he signs for a little cheaper to try and win another ring and prove to people he is the best of the generation.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I thnk Peyton is easily the best in his generation simply because he's not a cheater.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Rant Alert*

The guys on FOX are ridiculous... that douchebag Kriegel is writing about how Manning is a pain in the butt... because he is making headlines during the Super Bowl week.

I can't believe this shitstain seriously wrote that there has never been a Super Bowl like this before... where a guy not playing made headlines. For 3 fucking years Favre whispered about retirement and fuckers who include Kriegel wrote about it and let it drag on and stole headlines for Favre, when he would do something simple like have a press conference for a charity event.

I mean Jeez, at least the Super Bowl is being played in Indianapolis... so it makes sense that Manning is drawing attention from the increased media presence. Its not like when Kriegel wrote about Favre's golf-charity press conference, or Favre's lawnmower rides some 2000 miles away from the Super Bowl.

What a jackwagon, I guess he was hoping people forgot that he was one of the guys who wouldn't shut the fuck up about Favre during that 3-5 year stretch where Favre wouldn't say if he was going to retire or not... and intentionally let it drag out through Super Bowl week until he finally said he'd come back.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Any rant about Fav-Ree is a rep worth rant in my book!

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Rant Alert*

The guys on FOX are ridiculous... that douchebag Kriegel is writing about how Manning is a pain in the butt... because he is making headlines during the Super Bowl week.

I can't believe this shitstain seriously wrote that there has never been a Super Bowl like this before... where a guy not playing made headlines. For 3 fucking years Favre whispered about retirement and fuckers who include Kriegel wrote about it and let it drag on and stole headlines for Favre, when he would do something simple like have a press conference for a charity event.

I mean Jeez, at least the Super Bowl is being played in Indianapolis... so it makes sense that Manning is drawing attention from the increased media presence. Its not like when Kriegel wrote about Favre's golf-charity press conference, or Favre's lawnmower rides some 2000 miles away from the Super Bowl.

What a jackwagon, I guess he was hoping people forgot that he was one of the guys who wouldn't shut the fuck up about Favre during that 3-5 year stretch where Favre wouldn't say if he was going to retire or not... and intentionally let it drag out through Super Bowl week until he finally said he'd come back.

Whats funny is that all season long I was just hoping Favre would try and make a comeback because at least they would talk about something other than Tebow. How fucking sad is that!?!?!?!?!?!

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another note.... not sure if there is any sort of truth to the rumor, but I saw someone post on these boards that Lucks dad wouldn't rule out pulling an Elway/Eli. If there is any truth to that, do you think that the handling of Manning will have any weight on that decision?? He wants to go to a class organization, and you have the owner kind of feuding with the man who built them a stadium, won them a Superbowl, and put them back on the map. I wouldn't say feuding as much as he is just making a lot of public statements. I know people are asking him all day about it, but at this point he hasn't talked to Manning (by all accounts) and he isn't being straight up. Doctors clear him to play, but he is quick to point out, not their doctors etc.