• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One could argue taking a QB at 11 in this draft is desperation but I hear you.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One could argue taking a QB at 11 in this draft is desperation but I hear you.
that could be argued but no one here wants us to get a good player at 11 and then take ridder strong or zappe later

i would gamble on ridder , because in my mind i am drafting qbs till i get one if i am the commies

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the 2023 class! It actually crossed my mind to trade #11 for a 1st+ in 2023 so I can stack picks and grab one of the top QBs in next year's draft.

That said, Ron is desperate to post his first winning season, and Snyder has a re-brand going on and needs butts in seats. Heinicke doesn't do that and most fans would riot if we gave away #11 for 2023 picks.
Sigh. I know. And waiting for a middling QB to develop behind a middling vet also will not put butts in the seats. But they’ll do it anyway and get six-to-nine wins, miss out on the top 2023 QBs, and be in the same limbo all over again.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh. I know. And waiting for a middling QB to develop behind a middling vet also will not put butts in the seats. But they’ll do it anyway and get six-to-nine wins, miss out on the top 2023 QBs, and be in the same limbo all over again.
Hey, I'm a go get Watson guy, but we'll see.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that RR should learn the art of self-control and a bit of truth telling.

At the end of the 2020 campaign, he made a point in declaring that his top priority in the off-season was to get the QB in Washington.

1645468113451.png

One year later he's at it again, over promising and ultimately delivering nothing. In January 2021, we had this conversation on this board and there was a bunch of excuse making when the attempt to get stafford failed. His next best chance came in the draft, he passed, instead opting to stand pat drafting J. Davis and adding the career journeyman Ryan Fitzpatrick. Again, more excuse making from this board and misguided projections about what Fitz could or could not do in this offense. That lasted for less than a series or two into the season when Fitz, injured and lost for the season was replaced for the unknown, untested, Taylor Heinicke.

Enter 2022 and he's at it again, promising that he's open to trading anyone on the team in order to solve the QB quandary in D.C. His major problem is a lack of foresight. The better draft was a year ago and this year's draft offers not much more than can be gained from his current QB room or in trading for one of the second or third tier QB's on the market.

Rivera's tendenicies lean heavilly towards being too conservative and that won't serve his football team nor himself well in this endeavor. So considering all of this, I have come to the realization that should Washington "attempt" (it won't be an honest attempt) and miss in getting one of the big three QB's (Rodgers, Wilson, Watson) They will begin their 2022 campaign with a starting QB named... TAYLOR HEINICKE!!

Of course they will draft a rookie and it's likely to be Kenny Pickett (a poor fit for them) and attempt to sell the idea that another season with Heinicke serving as the stopgap is both the wise and prudent thing to do as they prepare Pickett to take over in 2023, but this is a lot like selling shit to a stablehand, even if his plan works perfectly. Pickett, in his first year starting will naturally go through typical ups and downs that new QB's do. The team will have fits and starts equal to his intervals of good and bad play. At best real benefits from such a move will come in the 2024 season, that's two years from now and the fourth in Rivera's five year deal.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuse me sir...but are we related??? :D

This is something that I might have written and posted if you did not. Well done sir... Well done!!:suds:

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want one of the big three, but I'd be okay with Pickett, Corral, or Wilis. If they go into the season with Grap, MM, or Heinicke with no rookie behind them I'll be pissed.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want one of the big three, but I'd be okay with Pickett, Corral, or Wilis. If they go into the season with Grap, MM, or Heinicke with no rookie behind them I'll be pissed.

Nothing wrong with MM or Wentz. If we go that route, we still can get a qb in round 1 or 2. I believe MM or Wentz can take this team to the playoffs. Use the draft picks to bolster the defense.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for 30 yrs we have chased the franchise qb and have dicked it up at every turn

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with MM or Wentz. If we go that route, we still can get a qb in round 1 or 2. I believe MM or Wentz can take this team to the playoffs. Use the draft picks to bolster the defense.
It wouldn't shock me at all if Heinicke beat out Mariota in camp.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but if either of them takes the team to the playoffs, tickets are going to cost a lot of money. Think either of them will be able to get a good block of seating, or perhaps a few booths?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a thought but if Washington had a schedule with teams led by Wentz or Marriota on them, as a projection would you predict one or both of them as a W or L on that upcoming schedule? (we take for granted their current team)

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is the answer ! Lol

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Standing said today he doesn't see Wentz and the Skins as a fit. Said part of tthe reason Wentz's season got "derailed" was because he wasn't vaccinated.

Standing said knowing Ron he probably wouldn't go that route because of it. If its equal between Wentz and someone else, he would go with the other guy.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Standing said today he doesn't see Wentz and the Skins as a fit. Said part of tthe reason Wentz's season got "derailed" was because he wasn't vaccinated.

Standing said knowing Ron he probably wouldn't go that route because of it. If its equal between Wentz and someone else, he would go with the other guy.
I'm not a "Wentz" supporter but perhaps there are folks who are unless there's something about him that I'm not seeing, I don't understand why he's in a Washington conversation at all.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a "Wentz" supporter but perhaps there are folks who are unless there's something about him that I'm not seeing, I don't understand why he's in a Washington conversation at all.
I pretty much agree with you. Wentz is way down my list, but let me play devils advocate.

We've seen his ceiling and it's pretty high. Five year ago, but we saw it.

Probably won't cost draft picks.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much agree with you. Wentz is way down my list, but let me play devils advocate.

We've seen his ceiling and it's pretty high. Five year ago, but we saw it.

Probably won't cost draft picks.
Yeah, I can't debate against the Wentz of five years ago, dude was good, no doubt.

It has been five years though and two teams, especially the Colts have given him chances. Do you think that there's any sort of rebound within him?

Again agree, he probably won't cost draft picks, but the other side of that situation is that he probably won't cost draft picks for a reason.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I can't debate against the Wentz of five years ago, dude was good, no doubt.

It has been five years though and two teams, especially the Colts have given him chances. Do you think that there's any sort of rebound within him?

Again agree, he probably won't cost draft picks, but the other side of that situation is that he probably won't cost draft picks for a reason.
If I had to bet money, I'd say he's broken.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First off that is BS . He started all 17 games and went 9-8 so how was his season “ derailed “