• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manning and Reggie Wayne?

nmgsc2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sorry if this is posted somewhere else but I am in the middle of Busy Season and haven't had time to really read anything. I was wondering if Manning is cut, would the Niners actually make a play for him and Reggie Wayne Combo? Heard a rumor that they want to play with each other and might try a package deal somewhere. I know we have a lot of other needs but given the way the defense played and if we get back rogers and goldson along with a good draft, I would think adding those two to the current team would make us legit contenders. What are your thoughts?

Again, sorry if this has been talked about. Life on an accountant sucks this time of year, unless 49ers are playing on a Sunday.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Iif the Niners sign Manning I would certainly want Wayne to come with him. Manning would already have a guy in the offense with whom he's comfortable.

I'm hoping Wayne would compete with Crabby for the #2 spot, and the Niners would be able to sign a #1 guy.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya'll 49ers fans are rosterbating hard this off-season :D

i think right know its 50/50 manning gets cut that 28 mil roster bonus is a huge chunk of money

nmgsc2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to agree on the 75-25. I Don't think we would need to go for a number 1 receiver though if and its a big if he and Wayne were to both sign and play here. I think Wayne, Crabtree, and Morgan would be a pretty good WR core mixing in Kyle Williams, who I know is a name most people on here don't want to hear, with Ginn or a rookie. I think that would be more than ok. I mean Reggie Wayne only had an off year because the QB's in Indy were just horrible and the team played like crap without Manning. I mean I know this is a wet dream and all but this is a Win now league. With almost 40 million in cap space, this is something I think could make a difference for the next 2-3 years provided Manning is healthy. Otherwise forget I even brought this up.

On another note, would Reggie Wayne be worth going after maybe to bring in for a couple years and maybe going after Robert Meachem as well?

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not sure its that high....with manning they are contenders....without manning they are the number 1 pick in the draft

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would support the wayne choice even without manning...he is a good receiver when collins/painter/???(whoever else last year) isnt throwing.....is wayne a FA ??

nmgsc2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he has the option to opt out of the contract which they were talking during the season that he might do that since the Colts seem to be heading into a rebuilding mode. But yeah I would love to have Wayne here. I think he would be a great addition with or without manning. Maybe he can teach Crabs some stuff like how to get separation.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say it is 100% they don't pay him that 28 Million. If anything they restructure and trade his ass.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I say it is 100% they don't pay him that 28 Million. If anything they restructure and trade his ass.

This, but not the second part. He's not going to re-structure so they can trade him. They pretty much have to cut him. Why would he agree to push back the bonus so they can trade him? That largely takes who he plays for out of his hands. He would have to go to a team that was willing (and able) to pay the 28M that Indy was willing to trade him to. One of the teams I keep hearing is Tennessee. If Indy is trading him, he's not going to Tennessee.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking they wouldn't tell him that they would trade him. :evil:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't they rip up that contract and agree to a new one?

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hate this about the nfl ....... im not sure(this is all opinion coming up)........but is it possible that his bonus is so big because of him re-structuring his deal before and then when it is time to pay the players their money(some have earned it some dont) then they just cut them...meanwhile the owners are making shit tons of money

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i hate this about the nfl ....... im not sure(this is all opinion coming up)........but is it possible that his bonus is so big because of him re-structuring his deal before and then when it is time to pay the players their money(some have earned it some dont) then they just cut them...meanwhile the owners are making shit tons of money

I'm not sure what you mean. He signed this contract last year and made 26M in 2006. He is not getting screwed by getting cut.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
i hate this about the nfl ... is it possible that his bonus is so big because of him re-structuring his deal before and then when it is time to pay the players their money(some have earned it some dont) then they just cut them...meanwhile the owners are making shit tons of money

You don't have a reasonable grief. Manning signed the contract. It takes two to tango. Should he have been guarenteed the entire 90 million like in baseball?

That kind of thinking isn't reasonable in the NFL. That's why every contract has guarenteed money, and then they have to earn the rest. Is Haynesworth a victim because he only got like 43 million dollars for his 2 years of service and then those rich jerks just cut him?

Manning made like 23 million dollars last year for not playing. And if he can still play he'll probably make another 20 million this year. He's doing fine.

Why do you begrudge the owners making a lot of money?

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not sure its that high....with manning they are contenders....without manning they are the number 1 pick in the draft

I will put it at 100% hes gone. Listen to what their owner is saying. Read between the lines. He is gone. There is no way they win a Superbowl with or without him.