• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Luke Walton named HC of the Lakers

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Magic, he's my all-time favorite player. But he really just needs to stfu. :L
I've been saying that for the last year now - It's nice to see that you're now coming around to my way of thinking and thinking like me - Try not to let that scare you though:lol:

Seriously though - For the last year or two - Magic makes all of these outrageous statements when he has the Los Angeles Dodgers to think about - The new owners of the Lakers just started since their father died. I know they were running it, but it's not the same as answering Jerry Buss. Jim will eventually figure it out.

On the subject of Lebron - I would rather go for a younger player that has the potential to grow with the rookies and be around a long time. To me Lebron has reached his peak and is starting to decline just a little. If they would have traded Kobe for Lebron straight up five years ago - I would have done it, but that shipped has sailed - Let Lebron be

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have doubts about the Lakers in free agency this summer even if they get that first round draft pick. I think that they might need to develop another year before being attractive to free agents. Russell and Randle and Clarkson are still raw talent

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying that for the last year now - It's nice to see that you're now coming around to my way of thinking and thinking like me - Try not to let that scare you though:lol:

lol I've been saying that ever since he eviscerated the Lakers FO when the Dwight/Nash trade imploded. That, after gushing that the trade made the Lakers champions again and proclaiming Dwight the the next great Lakers center when it was first announced.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have doubts about the Lakers in free agency this summer even if they get that first round draft pick. I think that they might need to develop another year before being attractive to free agents. Russell and Randle and Clarkson are still raw talent

Agree. I think Luke being the coach will hold some sway with FA's, but even he is still unproven as a head coach. Players may want to give it a season to see how it all works before making a change.

People keep mentioning the possibility that Durant will do the 2 year contract with 1 year opt out to stay 1 more year in OKC and then leave after next season. Personally, I don't see that happening, but if it did, the Lakers could make a run at him after next season when they may have more to sell him on than potential and living in Los Angeles.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for fun - we should post a thread where every one predicts the first time some one bitches and want's Luke Walton fired. We know it's going to happen - lol