• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Luke Walton named HC of the Lakers

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry! Took your quote out of context. Now I see you were talking just about the offense and I agree.

No problem, I can see how it could be read that way.

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember I was one of the very few guys that said Kerr is a much better coach than Jackson and that Kerr probably will get more out of this team than jackson. I remember I was told that we were maxed out by Jackson in terms of wins. Lol good times.
Curry becoming a better player from year to year had more to do with it. Jackson would probably win a title with last year's team as well.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda hope Luke's first day on the job involves sending the guys to summer camp for "team bonding with Popa Bill". Sure, afterwards everyone would likely fail a drug test and be suspended for the first couple of games but it'd be worth it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda hope Luke's first day on the job involves sending the guys to summer camp for "team bonding with Popa Bill". Sure, afterwards everyone would likely fail a drug test and be suspended for the first couple of games but it'd be worth it.

I don't think peyote or LSD stay in one's system for very long. As long as they weren't tested too soon after, they should be okay.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, just because something worked out, doesn't mean you were wrong.

Let's see. Title in Kerr's first year, broke the all-time regular season mark the 2nd year. Safe to say, that ownership wasn't wrong. There's a reason teams weren't clamoring for Jackson after he was dismissed.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see. Title in Kerr's first year, broke the all-time regular season mark the 2nd year. Safe to say, that ownership wasn't wrong. There's a reason teams weren't clamoring for Jackson after he was dismissed.

L+USC does make a solid point though. Obviously, with the results they've gotten, firing Jackson and hiring Kerr wasn't the wrong choice. However, we don't know if the team would have accomplished the same or close to it with Jackson because he didn't get the chance.

Was the difference that Curry was finally healthy and it was the natural progression of this team? Was the difference Kerr being that much better than Jackson? Or was it some combination of both?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L+USC does make a solid point though. Obviously, with the results they've gotten, firing Jackson and hiring Kerr wasn't the wrong choice. However, we don't know if the team would have accomplished the same or close to it with Jackson because he didn't get the chance.

Was the difference that Curry was finally healthy and it was the natural progression of this team? Was the difference Kerr being that much better than Jackson? Or was it some combination of both?

One of the differences I see from Kerr's teams with Jackson's is with Kerr's teams the Warriors always are consistent on offense. It's rare to see the ball stick too much (sort of like the Spurs). With Jackson's teams, it was the opposite.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not one time did I say the ownership was wrong. They made a great choice.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long ago did Luke quit playing. Seems like yesterday he was commanding the paint.

Sacramento+Kings+v+Los+Angeles+Lakers+-zpKZqTc9inl.jpg

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IDK, I stood next to Bill Walton for a while at an airport (he was waiting for a limo, fucking shuttle bus for me!!) and he was with a very gorgeous but tiny Asian lady, maybe 5 feet tall. Every time he leaned way over and spoke to her, she rolled her eyes and shook her head in exasperation, never replied.
If he can't command the respect of a 90 lb woman, how is he going to get it from a pro basketball team?!?!?

;^)

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can tell you definitively they would not have.

Jackson was a terrible strategist and was well documented by almost every beat writer that he was never prepared for games. The team spent MINIMAL amount of time dedicated to practice. Basically they practiced less than any other team in the NBA.

Jackson's offense was atrocious. Basically it had so semblance of rhythm and basically was just left up to the players to make it happen.

Jackson alienated the entire front office, his coaching staff and even players. He threw Festus Ezeli under the bus to his teammates and flat out lied to them saying Ezeli was hoping the team would fail without him there to boost his own stock. Ezeli had to make a tearful plea to the team that this was a lie.

There was absolutely no way Jackson would have worked out. He was a terrible strategist and has no understanding of offense. He can't build a good staff because of his insecurities. There was no way the Warriors were getting anywhere close to championship level with him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a genius magic. I bet no other teams have thought about going after LeBron in case he leaves.

I love Magic, he's my all-time favorite player. But he really just needs to stfu. :L