• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lots of Ram News.....

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope not Boss. One trade down is a smart move. Two or three trade downs is exactly what you are describing and would be just plain stupid.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on V mike why is it you never answer my questions directly? You always seem to come up with some really vague unclear answer.

For example: In this post I asked you how did we compare to the rest of our division as far as signing free agents and your come back was...

Oh and to answer your question, both the Seahawks and 9ers rosters didn't need to be turned over completely. So they both could afford to take a swing and miss in free agency. So it's a different situation.

IMO, You are avoiding my question, its a simple question on who signed more. How can I prove my point if you don't answer my question? It doesn't matter to me on who needed to be turned over or not, or what type of situation it is. Its a simple question on who in 2013 signed the most free agents between us and the rest of the division and you never answered it. In my earlier post you criticized my sitting on our hands comment and this is my response to it and you now are avoiding answering it. Why is that?

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't! The Dolphins were lucky to get a 7th for him. Who cares about his so, so talent even for depth issues. Dude is a backstabber. I'm very glad he went to the 49ers, maybe he can f that team up from the inside out.

I don't understand your logic one bit. A 7th rd. pick is a drop in the bucket for a former 2nd rd. pick.
We need o-line help big time right now and you are worried about him backstabbing?? Come on Vmike you must not have faith in our coaching staff if you don't think they can break him of this. If they cant no big deal cut him. You just don't want to admit that it was a good move on their part.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Retro, one trade down would not hurt us too much. We could still get an impact player anywhere in the top 10 picks. But keep in mind this is Fisher's modus operandi. Get a team to mediocrity, and then maintain a rock solid consistency there. (See Tennessee Titans during Fisher's reign) Depending on the way Fisher and Snead manage FA and the draft, they are either going to look like geniuses afterward, or they are going to look like buffoons and hurt their credibility even more in the eyes of the fanbase.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they sign Joseph, I will begin to lose faith in this regime.

You can't tell me their plan was to sit back, let the dust settle, and sign an injury prone 30 yr old guard that was the second worst at his position last season.

If that was their plan, there isn't much hope for the immediate future.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand your logic one bit. A 7th rd. pick is a drop in the bucket for a former 2nd rd. pick.
We need o-line help big time right now and you are worried about him backstabbing?? Come on Vmike you must not have faith in our coaching staff if you don't think they can break him of this. If they cant no big deal cut him. You just don't want to admit that it was a good move on their part.

Agreed Zeke. A 7th round pick for this guy is probably a steal. Despite his "mental" issues, he has the physical tools to play the position. He is a bit of a wennie at this point, and him and Bradford would probably immediately be best friends, but I think our OL coach could shape him into something worth more than a 7th round pick. With our OL now in shambles, we could have gambled and outbid the whiners and offered a 6th pick and it probably would have been worth it.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
zeke, I'm not trying to argue with you. Just answer me this, do you think we should build through the draft or free agency?

I'll guess it's through the draft.

With that in mind, our roster is/was in greater shambles than both the Hawks and 9ers. They can afford to take risks because they have a solid foundation and can gamble with a big splash that can set them apart. The Rams however must depend on these free agents to fill holes. That is a big difference and why I pointed out the current status of the three clubs and where they each stand amongst the league.

Those misses or overpays if you will take a much bigger toll on our club because they leave glaring holes at key positions. Where the other two have the depth to hide the misses in free agency.

I was speaking on our club Pre Fisher/Snead. But if you want to talk about those couple of pieces we need to be competitive fill us all in. If your talking about dumping Sam and Chris' contracts, nothing like that will happen until the 2015 and if we were to cut them both it would only add $21M in cap space but we still would need to sign a starting QB and a starting DE.

LOL.... this is another example of talking around my question. How do you get Pre Fisher /Snead out of this?? My question to you is who signed more free agents recently, us or the division and you go off into some sort spurt on how our division can afford to take risks. Then you come back and say you were referring to pre Fisher/Snead?? WTF?? Come on V Mike, why do you keep avoiding the question and continue to point blame elsewhere?

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I agree with Zeke

The 9ers trading a conditional 7th round pick for Martin was a brilliant move.

Like Zeke said, it's a 7th round pick that would've been used on a rookie that may or may not last. Why not use the pick on Martin and see if his old coach can turn him around?

There is no risk involved whatsoever. If he turns it around, they struck gold. If he doesn't, they cut him ( which would probably happen to the rookie they took anyways ).

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I agree with Zeke

The 9ers trading a conditional 7th round pick for Martin was a brilliant move.

Like Zeke said, it's a 7th round pick that would've been used on a rookie that may or may not last. Why not use the pick on Martin and see if his old coach can turn him around?

There is no risk involved whatsoever. If he turns it around, they struck gold. If he doesn't, they cut him ( which would probably happen to the rookie they took anyways ).

And this is why the 49ers will continue to be a force in the league. Because of decisions like this that are minimal risk, and significant potential for reward, while our brain-trust (I use the term loosely) pursues the legendary Davin Joseph. How does that beer commercial go?.........BRILLIANT!

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what 49ers players think of this

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why the 49ers will continue to be a force in the league. Because of decisions like this that are minimal risk, and significant potential for reward, while our brain-trust (I use the term loosely) pursues the legendary Davin Joseph. How does that beer commercial go?.........BRILLIANT!

Where in the hell have you been BOSS? I thought you upped and left? You are missing out on all of the fun!

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would guess that if they think he can help the team, they'd be all for it. As stated earlier by Zeke and Angel, it's such an insignificant gamble, and if it has the potential to help the team, why not? Maybe we can get Fisher and Snead enrolled in one of the classes on coaching fundamentals that Harbaugh does at the local community college in the off-season.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he's not the only one they signed, they got Blaine Gabbert and a couple of other guys. LOL Gabbert is scheduled to make more $$ than Kapernick.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where in the hell have you been BOSS? I thought you upped and left? You are missing out on all of the fun!

Issues Zeke. I've had issues just like everybody. Unfortunately sometimes life gets in the way of your trivial pursuits.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would guess that if they think he can help the team, they'd be all for it. As stated earlier by Zeke and Angel, it's such an insignificant gamble, and if it has the potential to help the team, why not? Maybe we can get Fisher and Snead enrolled in one of the classes on coaching fundamentals that Harbaugh does at the local community college in the off-season.

:laugh3::laugh3:.....I nominate you for coach/GM BOSS, I'll bet you would lite a fire under their ass, hell even Bradford would play better wearing a burnt diaper. :laugh3:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Issues Zeke. I've had issues just like everybody. Unfortunately sometimes life gets in the way of your trivial pursuits.

FWIW....I hope all is well with you and your family!

Off topic, I got to ask you... do you really have a Boss 429 Mustang?? I ask because I am a Ford guy, I have a 66 Cobra(kit car). Also, My best friend has a 1970 Torino with a 429 in it. What a car!!

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW....I hope all is well with you and your family!

Off topic, I got to ask you... do you really have a Boss 429 Mustang?? I ask because I am a Ford guy, I have a 66 Cobra(kit car). Also, My best friend has a 1970 Torino with a 429 in it. What a car!!

I'm a Ford guy too. But I'm afraid that the BOSS is just wishful thinking on my part. I was really into the car scene in my younger days, but as you know it's a rich man's hobby. I did have a good friend that had one of the original Ford Thunderbolts though. He had a rich father and he was a spoiled brat. That thing used to eat Chevys for lunch and s@#!! out Chryslers! He also had a Ford Galaxy SOHC when he was younger too. The only engine ever outlawed by NASCAR because GM and Chrysler couldn't beat it!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on V mike why is it you never answer my questions directly? You always seem to come up with some really vague unclear answer.

For example: In this post I asked you how did we compare to the rest of our division as far as signing free agents and your come back was...

Oh and to answer your question, both the Seahawks and 9ers rosters didn't need to be turned over completely. So they both could afford to take a swing and miss in free agency. So it's a different situation.

IMO, You are avoiding my question, its a simple question on who signed more. How can I prove my point if you don't answer my question? It doesn't matter to me on who needed to be turned over or not, or what type of situation it is. Its a simple question on who in 2013 signed the most free agents between us and the rest of the division and you never answered it. In my earlier post you criticized my sitting on our hands comment and this is my response to it and you now are avoiding answering it. Why is that?
I told you I thought you were comparing oranges to apples.

How much more direct can I get?

Why don't you just answer your own question and fill us all in on how you see it instead of me guessing when I think it's mute?

I think that is much more productive of both our time! You obviously have an opinion and maybe it can influence sme of us? :noidea:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, Boss. The Boss429 was outlawed by NASCAR after the 426 Hemi was outlawed by NASCAR because Ford and Chevrolet couldn't beat the Hemi. The Boss 429 was Ford's response to the Hemi the one Richard Petty used to win all of those races. Then GM whined up a storm because Richard Petty with his Hemi and David Pearson with the Boss 429 were winning all of the races.