• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's coming out of the AFC?

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE has been to three straight SBs. I don't think they will win the next SB given that the opponent will be someone more experienced IMO and a more veteran-like team. The Pats have used that veteran status to win SBs over the Rams and Falcons.

However, Indy and KC are catching up. Cleveland should be in the mix as well. Don't rule out Baltimore. I think the top seed is between Indy, KC, Cleveland, NE, and Baltimore. The team with the top seed though will not automatically go to the SB. Indy could probably win in KC this time. So can Cleveland. I don't think anyone outside NE is winning in Indy. And I don't think KC or Baltimore will win in Cleveland, but I will not rule NE or Indy out. KC has the best chance to win in NE.

As I see it now, here are the expected losses
Cleveland-NE, Seattle, Arizona, Baltimore, Pittsburgh-5 losses
KC-LAC, Houston, Detroit, NE-4 losses
Indy-KC, LAC, NO-3 losses
Baltimore-Cleveland, Pittsburgh, LAR, KC-4 losses
NE-NYJ, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Houston-4 losses

Btw, I have not made official predictions these are off the fly based on matchup.

Cleveland's base is what I am predicting, but it could be higher.

KC has back to back home games against Green Bay and Minnesota and it's possible there could be a split. Also, I am not sure on either road game at Jacksonville or Tennessee becaue of their defenses but KC is too favored right now. And yes, I am giving them a loss at Detroit because Detroit's O has improved and they have a good CB. What happened week 3 last year?

Indy's ceiling is 13-3, but they will go 11-5 if they have to lose to Houston and Jacksonville, again. They will go 12-4 if they lose at Pittsburgh. As of now I have them sweeping the AFC South repeating a 2012 to 2013 transition(runner-up division, 4-2 division record to division winner, 6-0 division record). I also think that Luck has something to prove at Pittsburgh because Pittsburgh has won the last three against NO Luck.

Baltimore could be much worse. I'm not factoring in possible losses to Cincinnati, Clevelandx2, Buffalo, SF, and Houston.

NE could beat Houston, but I believe the 5-1 division record and 3-1 interconference stand. I don't see them escaping both Cleveland and Baltimore with a W, and Baltimore comes right after that Mayfield-Brady showdown. It has all the makings for a letdown game. Baltimore will also be rested.

So, the AFC looks to be very competitive next year at the top.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have to fill a thread quota for a school project today?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland has a lot of talent and I was hoping they could get it together for their loyal fans but for some reason I think it would be hilarious if they went 3-13 this year.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has to be in college, on some”special grant”

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE
KC
Indy
SD
Jax
Pitt

I feel one of these six have the best chance

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be somewhat shocked if it wasn't one of KC, NE, LAC, or Indy right now.

Not buying in on the Browns coming out of the AFC yet.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it'll be the Patriots.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE
KC
Indy
SD
Jax
Pitt

I feel one of these six have the best chance
That's pretty much my thoughts as well. Not too high on the Steelers but they have the pedigree and a QB who has been there so can't totally count them out.
While the Browns are a hot take, history shows that QB's in their first playoff appearance rarely make it to the big game. A lot of young and hungry guys there though.
OP appears to be pretty high on the Ravens.. I don't think Lamar can carry that team to the playoffs with his legs. He will either get pulverized at some point or will have to win with his arm when defenses shut down the run. He just isn't a good enough passer imo.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty much my thoughts as well. Not too high on the Steelers but they have the pedigree and a QB who has been there so can't totally count them out.
While the Browns are a hot take, history shows that QB's in their first playoff appearance rarely make it to the big game. A lot of young and hungry guys there though.
OP appears to be pretty high on the Ravens.. I don't think Lamar can carry that team to the playoffs with his legs. He will either get pulverized at some point or will have to win with his arm when defenses shut down the run. He just isn't a good enough passer imo.

I'm actually high on the Steelers. The "ME" guys are gone and so should the distractions. QB is still in place and the offense can put up points. If the D can get better they should take the division. I don't buy the Ravens. I need to see the Browns play before I can hand them the division. If the Steelers falter and miss the playoffs than Tomlin should be gone.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually high on the Steelers. The "ME" guys are gone and so should the distractions. QB is still in place and the offense can put up points. If the D can get better they should take the division. I don't buy the Ravens. I need to see the Browns play before I can hand them the division. If the Steelers falter and miss the playoffs than Tomlin should be gone.
Yeah, I think if Tomlin misses the playoffs 2 years in a row, he has to go. Especially when in early November last season they looked like a lock to win the div and were considered possible SB contenders.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually high on the Steelers. The "ME" guys are gone and so should the distractions. QB is still in place and the offense can put up points. If the D can get better they should take the division. I don't buy the Ravens. I need to see the Browns play before I can hand them the division. If the Steelers falter and miss the playoffs than Tomlin should be gone.[/QUOTE
giphy.gif

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think if Tomlin misses the playoffs 2 years in a row, he has to go. Especially when in early November last season they looked like a lock to win the div and were considered possible SB contenders.

Still no
Losing record, I doubt it

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still no
Losing record, I doubt it
You may be right SP but Steeler fans are used to winning and having games in January. Gonna be a lot of talk in Pitt about Tomlin if he doesn't get there again. But the Rooneys are loyal and like you say, winning record still.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE

Indy

SanDeSoccerStadium Chargers

Only options for me.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will bet on the team with the MVP QB, a top 8 passblocking unit, and a group of passcatchers including Tyreek Hill (yep, he's playing, you know it is true) Travis Kelce, Sammy Watkins, and Mecole Hardman to overwhelm all but maybe 3 AFC teams before knowing what the defense looks like.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland has a lot of talent and I was hoping they could get it together for their loyal fans but for some reason I think it would be hilarious if they went 3-13 this year.
That would just be the ultimate cruelty to that fan base

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE has been to three straight SBs. I don't think they will win the next SB given that the opponent will be someone more experienced IMO and a more veteran-like team. The Pats have used that veteran status to win SBs over the Rams and Falcons.

However, Indy and KC are catching up. Cleveland should be in the mix as well. Don't rule out Baltimore. I think the top seed is between Indy, KC, Cleveland, NE, and Baltimore. The team with the top seed though will not automatically go to the SB. Indy could probably win in KC this time. So can Cleveland. I don't think anyone outside NE is winning in Indy. And I don't think KC or Baltimore will win in Cleveland, but I will not rule NE or Indy out. KC has the best chance to win in NE.

As I see it now, here are the expected losses
Cleveland-NE, Seattle, Arizona, Baltimore, Pittsburgh-5 losses
KC-LAC, Houston, Detroit, NE-4 losses
Indy-KC, LAC, NO-3 losses
Baltimore-Cleveland, Pittsburgh, LAR, KC-4 losses
NE-NYJ, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Houston-4 losses

Btw, I have not made official predictions these are off the fly based on matchup.

Cleveland's base is what I am predicting, but it could be higher.

KC has back to back home games against Green Bay and Minnesota and it's possible there could be a split. Also, I am not sure on either road game at Jacksonville or Tennessee becaue of their defenses but KC is too favored right now. And yes, I am giving them a loss at Detroit because Detroit's O has improved and they have a good CB. What happened week 3 last year?

Indy's ceiling is 13-3, but they will go 11-5 if they have to lose to Houston and Jacksonville, again. They will go 12-4 if they lose at Pittsburgh. As of now I have them sweeping the AFC South repeating a 2012 to 2013 transition(runner-up division, 4-2 division record to division winner, 6-0 division record). I also think that Luck has something to prove at Pittsburgh because Pittsburgh has won the last three against NO Luck.

Baltimore could be much worse. I'm not factoring in possible losses to Cincinnati, Clevelandx2, Buffalo, SF, and Houston.

NE could beat Houston, but I believe the 5-1 division record and 3-1 interconference stand. I don't see them escaping both Cleveland and Baltimore with a W, and Baltimore comes right after that Mayfield-Brady showdown. It has all the makings for a letdown game. Baltimore will also be rested.

So, the AFC looks to be very competitive next year at the top.
You could have just stopped with the first two letters of that novel...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How's the D shaping up this year?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think KC and Cleveland meet in a AFC Divisional game.

The winner is AFC CHAMPION