• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's coming out of the AFC?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will bet on the team with the MVP QB, a top 8 passblocking unit, and a group of passcatchers including Tyreek Hill (yep, he's playing, you know it is true) Travis Kelce, Sammy Watkins, and Mecole Hardman to overwhelm all but maybe 3 AFC teams before knowing what the defense looks like.
another shocker

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So kc lost hunt, hill for some, lost some another wr, will have some definite offiensive regression. And still has a bad D.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah Watkins hasn’t done basically anything career wise, and hardman was a big reach, taken only because
Of speed.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit swinging off my nuts mate- you’ve been a lot more wrong than not when trying to call me out.
we ain't mates, and there is nothing wrong being a homer.
NOW...acting as if your't not is an entirely different story.

Sure I've been wrong a few times, this isn't one of those times.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats are the favorites as always.

I think KC doesn't get to the AFCCG this year.

I'd look at Indy possibly if not the Pats

MizzouFalcon

Let’s Fuck Some Shit Up is my legal middle name
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m done betting against New England.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually high on the Steelers. The "ME" guys are gone and so should the distractions. QB is still in place and the offense can put up points. If the D can get better they should take the division. I don't buy the Ravens. I need to see the Browns play before I can hand them the division. If the Steelers falter and miss the playoffs than Tomlin should be gone.

The AFC representative will come from your list.

I'm not sure if Foles will be the engine needed to re jumpstart JAX or not, but he's a big upgrade over Bortles.

I tend to agree on PIT...most think without Brown and Bell they don't have enough talent on OFC. That's a fair view point, but where they really needed to improve was on DEF and on paper that have improved on DEF.

I'm not overly concerned about the OFC....they have plenty of talent, the challenge will be learning how to spread the ball around...making players other than Juju the #1 read sometimes. FWIW, Tomlin should get canned if they fail to make the playoffs, but he will likely get the last yr on this deal ('20 season), but all bets are off after that.

BAL...one of the hardest teams to predict, but I think you're spot on, Jackson has to be more pass oriented to repeat as DIV champs. They also have some big shoes to fill on DEF. IMO they take a yr off from the playoffs this yr.

CLE...now the sexy pick in the north. No doubt they are improved, but winning with expectations is totally different than sneaking up on a team. They will be in the mix, but I'm not ready to pick them to win the DIV.

KC...I think the OFC comes back to earth somewhat, and they figure out the new DEF along the way, in the mix.

LAC...in the mix.

NE...per norm, they will win 5 or 6 games in DIV and be around 11-5 or 12-4.

IND/HOU...I think they battle for the DIV, the loser is a WC.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE has been to three straight SBs. I don't think they will win the next SB given that the opponent will be someone more experienced IMO and a more veteran-like team. The Pats have used that veteran status to win SBs over the Rams and Falcons.

However, Indy and KC are catching up. Cleveland should be in the mix as well. Don't rule out Baltimore. I think the top seed is between Indy, KC, Cleveland, NE, and Baltimore. The team with the top seed though will not automatically go to the SB. Indy could probably win in KC this time. So can Cleveland. I don't think anyone outside NE is winning in Indy. And I don't think KC or Baltimore will win in Cleveland, but I will not rule NE or Indy out. KC has the best chance to win in NE.

As I see it now, here are the expected losses
Cleveland-NE, Seattle, Arizona, Baltimore, Pittsburgh-5 losses
KC-LAC, Houston, Detroit, NE-4 losses
Indy-KC, LAC, NO-3 losses
Baltimore-Cleveland, Pittsburgh, LAR, KC-4 losses
NE-NYJ, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Houston-4 losses

Btw, I have not made official predictions these are off the fly based on matchup.

Cleveland's base is what I am predicting, but it could be higher.

KC has back to back home games against Green Bay and Minnesota and it's possible there could be a split. Also, I am not sure on either road game at Jacksonville or Tennessee becaue of their defenses but KC is too favored right now. And yes, I am giving them a loss at Detroit because Detroit's O has improved and they have a good CB. What happened week 3 last year?

Indy's ceiling is 13-3, but they will go 11-5 if they have to lose to Houston and Jacksonville, again. They will go 12-4 if they lose at Pittsburgh. As of now I have them sweeping the AFC South repeating a 2012 to 2013 transition(runner-up division, 4-2 division record to division winner, 6-0 division record). I also think that Luck has something to prove at Pittsburgh because Pittsburgh has won the last three against NO Luck.

Baltimore could be much worse. I'm not factoring in possible losses to Cincinnati, Clevelandx2, Buffalo, SF, and Houston.

NE could beat Houston, but I believe the 5-1 division record and 3-1 interconference stand. I don't see them escaping both Cleveland and Baltimore with a W, and Baltimore comes right after that Mayfield-Brady showdown. It has all the makings for a letdown game. Baltimore will also be rested.

So, the AFC looks to be very competitive next year at the top.

I feel like this is one of those if you can read this you're a genius things seen on facebook

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never count Brady out but Father Time will catch up soon
I like Indy if that happens this year
Wow that's been said a Bazillion times I guess if people keep saying it sooner or later they will be correct. The claim bragging rights as some football genius.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im gonna say this and deal with whatever comes my way.

The Patriots are still the team to beat in the AFC, they have been to Superbowls before with a missing or at 30% Gronk so that loss is not as big as people want it to be. They are loaded at the RB position and have a top 10 O-line to support that run game. They got bigger a WR and did a lot to improve the D. There were guys drafted lasted year that were injured that should have a positive impact. And they have Belichick.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So kc lost hunt, hill for some, lost some another wr, will have some definite offiensive regression. And still has a bad D.

And Andy Reid's game management.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be somewhat shocked if it wasn't one of KC, NE, LAC, or Indy right now.

Not buying in on the Browns coming out of the AFC yet.

I'm not buying any team. Indy - they can't beat NE. KC - probably had the best chance but they lost some key pieces. CLE - inexperienced even though they gained easily the most in the offseason. LAC - they have a ton of talent but Rivers just can't get his team over the hump.

NE - never has an issues and if they do they fix them in time for the playoffs so they would be my pick. I am hoping it doesn't happen but they prove it year after year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m done betting against New England.

This will be the year they fuck you again. That's how it works. Then next year you will go back to betting against them while Brady is an old man and they will fuck you again. It's a never-ending fuck cycle.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be the year they fuck you again. That's how it works. Then next year you will go back to betting against them while Brady is an old man and they will fuck you again. It's a never-ending fuck cycle.
This explains why there are so many sore assholes on this board.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be somewhat shocked if it wasn't one of KC, NE, LAC, or Indy right now.

Not buying in on the Browns coming out of the AFC yet.
Browns fan but still think that's a fair statement without seeing them beat a good team on the field.