• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lots of Ram News.....

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is for sure Shopson. I followed the man from his first race to his last victory in 1984 at the then July race at Daytona known as the Firecracker 400 and until his last race in 1992 at Atlanta.

Last edited by a moderator:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is for sure Shopson. I followed the man from his first race to his last in 1984 at the then July race at Daytona known as the Firecracker 400.

I can't claim that long of a run, as I was born in 1970 lol. My Dad was a big fan, and I followed right along. Too bad about Adam, he was the real chance at keeping the Petty name alive and strong in NASCAR.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I think any desire to win anymore races went right out the window for Kyle when Adam was killed. Now, without the big money, Petty is hangin' on. His drivers of Ambrose and Almirola are decent but they seldom visit the top 10 at the end of the race. Many think Richard is just allowing his name to be used and other people have essentially bought the company. It is a sad day to watch the King go out slowly.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sold my 67 Mustang a few years back, but it was only a 289. Had that car almost 20 years, but it was time to let someone else sink money into it, lol. Replaced it with a Hemi (kinda, a 2005 Dodge Durango). I grew up a Mopar fan because of my Dad (used to race a 70 Cuda, and had just about all of the hot Mopars of the late 60s when new), but somehow got sidetracked towards Mustangs. Good thing, as they are a lot cheaper to fix since there are so many parts houses for Mustangs these days, especially compared to Mopar. I still get upset thinking about the 69 Roadrunner (383) that got away though, would've been my first car at 16 but the seller backed out of the deal.

Back when I was in high school, I went to Vo-tech for auto repair. Every HS kid was building chevys because GM parts were just so much cheaper than Ford. A timing chain set for a GM was $20.00 while the same thing for a Ford was $70.00. But after working on everything I discovered that quantity doesn't necessarily equate to quality. The Fords were just built better. The heavy valve trains in the Ford engines were what hurt horsepower, but if you had the $$$ you could make them run with anything. And since everybody was pro GM, and I've always been kind of contrary, I just gravitated to Ford. But if I hadn't been a Ford man my next choice would have been Chrysler. You mentioned the 70 Cuda Shopson. That was my favorite body style of any car, although I wouldn't admit it then because I had to stay true blue all the way. Loved the intimidating image the Cuda relayed. My other favorite old time car was the 68 Fairlanes/Comets. Had a 68 Comet with a 429 Cobra Jet that I was working on before my same mentioned buddy earlier wrecked it. Ah, those were the days.

And Retro my friend, this link is for you. It's a partial article on Ford's SOHC 427, dubbed "The Baddest of the Bad", simply because there was NOTHING that could touch this engine. Made those poor GM and Chrysler fans run to the nearest restrooms to change their linen. :car::usa2::hug::first:

427 SOHC "Cammer" by Legendary Ford Magazine | SuperMotors.net

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm reading from Schefter that Saffold is returning to the Rams with a 5 year contract AFTER FAILING A PHYSICAL FROM OAKLAND? Anyone know for how much?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too weird Piss-tones. And Boss, I remember the badest of the bad and they were winning races in NASCAR but in NHRA it was a different story in Pro-Stock because of a newly formed team known as Sox and Martin who figured a way to kick the krap out of that 427.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the Jon Martin issue... You have a rookie OT in the NFL and you have a crazed, mental OG in Incognito. When I heard Incognito was checked into a mental rehab program/institution after beating his sports car with a baseball bat, that did it for me. As a person or player on a team, you can only take so much - especially a rookie.

Harbaugh will straighten this kid out and we'll see his best. As for Incognito, he's a mess and we've always known it.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
retro and Vita please hug and make up, you two are my favorite oldies.
Hey Blue!

You and retro are most certainly old time favorites of not only mine but many, many others here as well!

Thanks for your concerns brother, however speaking for myself, I personally have ZERO problems with retro no matter where he wants me to stick the bullshit!:lol:

Retro, I truly am sorry you feel annoyed with my somewhat flippant remarks in this thread however we stood shoulder to shoulder at a Rams roadie and I believe we both had a great time farting around much in the same manner as I did here.

With me, it's WYSIWYG.

I'm pretty transparent bro!

I'm guessing my jolly tone of 'telling it like it is' (A self proclamation, noted above my avatar) may not translate as well in a forum format as it tends to with a face to face razzing.

I had not an ounce of malice in my posts and stand by them. In review, I will tread lighter in my forum exchanges with you since I have no objective in annoying you or anyone else here on this board.

Oh well, cheers my friend! :suds:

& Go Rams!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Vita, I was unsure why you questioned something I was telling the truth on. You know me. I seldom do not tell the truth especially about my age. I don't look my age and I get that a lot and I was plain tired of it in light of recent personal events. I suffered a horrific incident here in Phoenix and perhaps I am a still in shock and generally extra irritated. PM me and I'll give you the details. My apologies for being out of sorts. This matter with you is history.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Vita, I was unsure why you questioned something I was telling the truth on. You know me. I seldom do not tell the truth especially about my age. I don't look my age and I get that a lot and I was plain tired of it in light of recent personal events. I suffered a horrific incident here in Phoenix and perhaps I am a still in shock and generally extra irritated. PM me and I'll give you the details. My apologies for being out of sorts. This matter with you is history.
No problems on my end retro!

I'm real sorry to hear you are going through some grief, I'll send you a PM.

Oh and pigpen....

You're my boy blue! :suds: