• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Los Angeles Lakers 2018-2019 Season Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a Tweet that says Juwan Howard is the surprise betting fave to be the next Laker HC.....

Fuck no......please.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caruso, McGee, and KCP all balling out while they audition for jobs next season.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
am

I am so tired of negative stories daily about the Lakers. 90% of it is haters just bashing the Lakers any chance they get.

Not only that, but Bogut played 24 games and averaged 9 minutes, 1.5 ppg and 3 rpg.

Pretty sure that if he had actually shown that he could still play, he'd have been kept. But the Lakers had Brook Lopez who was much better, as well as Zubac who they were trying to develop. Not to mention, they still had Randle to play "small ball" center.

Sounds like someone who's bitter because he can't play anymore, wants to blame someone else and the Lakers are an easy target right now.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KCP is still just 25 after 6 seasons in the League.....I wonder if he could ever get to where he's a 16-18ppg type of player if he signs with a team who gives him a starting job?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One article I read this week by Wojarnowski stated that one of the factors (other than the usually litany of injuries, etc., already hashed-out) that has contributed to our demise is the amount of one-year contracts we have on our roster. He stated that the one-year deal inherently fosters a lack of commitment by the players to invest into a developing program and winning in general because the player is only going to be around for a year and has no incentive to want to do much else than to show-up and play for a paycheck. From Woj's perspective, this team dynamic chips-away at team chemistry (especially when we have so many one-year deals) and sets the team up for a disjointedness on a number of levels that the Lakers now exhibit.

Woj's solution was to truly complete a team evaluation and keep the one-yearors more than a year to authentically build a winner. Even if Luke is retained or fired, what is for sure is we have three players who are auditioning beyond their one-year deals and making a decent argument for resigning them to two or three-year contracts.

Those players are Caruso, KCP, and McGee. One such guy to start with realistically is Caruso, who Luke has put his faith in publically and Caruso has responded with some great play over the last 12 games or so with performances that warrant signing him to a two or three-year deal.

Last night Caruso had a career-high 32 points and 10 rebounds playing a playoff contender and his defense has led to some great breakaway plays and even dunks. KCP and McGee are also playing in an excellent and consistent fashion and should be seriously considered for lengthier contracts as well.

So I think Woj def has this factor nailed and instead of revamping the entire roster, stay the course, sign the really good one-yearors to lengthier contracts, maybe add one or two more top-tier players like a Cousins or Jordon, and wait for people like AD or Thompson later when they really are FAs and all baggage has been jettisoned.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what bothers me about the Lakers. They're the Lakers. Alotta great history. Some I'd like to forget. Like '85, '87 & '10. And until I see it happen I think L.A. will get a top tier FA this summer. It'll be interesting to see what the roster will look like when the season tips off next year. Excluding LeBron wonder how many players from this year will be around for next year?

@ChiefsLakers67 see I can say nice things about the Lakers.:heh:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what bothers me about the Lakers. They're the Lakers. Alotta great history. Some I'd like to forget. Like '85, '87 & '10. And until I see it happen I think L.A. will get a top tier FA this summer. It'll be interesting to see what the roster will look like when the season tips off next year. Excluding LeBron wonder how many players from this year will be around for next year?

@ChiefsLakers67 see I can say nice things about the Lakers.:heh:

:clap:

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what you are tired of?. Not me. I'm tiered of watching them lose.
I was refering to another silly negative article you posted. Who isn't tired of the Lakers losing that goes without saying.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One article I read this week by Wojarnowski stated that one of the factors (other than the usually litany of injuries, etc., already hashed-out) that has contributed to our demise is the amount of one-year contracts we have on our roster. He stated that the one-year deal inherently fosters a lack of commitment by the players to invest into a developing program and winning in general because the player is only going to be around for a year and has no incentive to want to do much else than to show-up and play for a paycheck. From Woj's perspective, this team dynamic chips-away at team chemistry (especially when we have so many one-year deals) and sets the team up for a disjointedness on a number of levels that the Lakers now exhibit.

Yeah, the problem for the Lakers is that they really had no choice but to sign a bunch of 1 year guys so that they could preserve the cap space for this coming off-season.

He's right that doing that can chip away at team chemistry, but that is usually cured if the team is winning since guys know that if they look like they are putting the team ahead of themselves, other teams will like that, including the one they are on.

Of course the flipside to that is that if things start to go sideways (as they did), then they aren't invested enough to keep to the team concept to get through it. With the exception of McGee, this is pretty much what we saw.

Woj's solution was to truly complete a team evaluation and keep the one-yearors more than a year to authentically build a winner. Even if Luke is retained or fired, what is for sure is we have three players who are auditioning beyond their one-year deals and making a decent argument for resigning them to two or three-year contracts.

Those players are Caruso, KCP, and McGee. One such guy to start with realistically is Caruso, who Luke has put his faith in publically and Caruso has responded with some great play over the last 12 games or so with performances that warrant signing him to a two or three-year deal.

Last night Caruso had a career-high 32 points and 10 rebounds playing a playoff contender and his defense has led to some great breakaway plays and even dunks. KCP and McGee are also playing in an excellent and consistent fashion and should be seriously considered for lengthier contracts as well.

So I think Woj def has this factor nailed and instead of revamping the entire roster, stay the course, sign the really good one-yearors to lengthier contracts, maybe add one or two more top-tier players like a Cousins or Jordon, and wait for people like AD or Thompson later when they really are FAs and all baggage has been jettisoned.

This would be a good solution. I like the idea of keeping Caruso and McGee although the Lakers really couldn't do much until they know if they are getting a max guy or not.

Not too much of a fan of keeping KCP (and I actually like him) because he's too inconsistent.

I've said it before and I'm going to keep saying it until I "speak it into existence" lol...

Sign Vucevic or Boogie (in that order) on, hopefully a less than max deal, trade for Beal. They can then hopefully keep McGee and Caruso and/or bring in a couple of solid vet role players.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea some days TJF12, I get the same sensation. Just sign the damn rest of the league already!! :lol:

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the problem for the Lakers is that they really had no choice but to sign a bunch of 1 year guys so that they could preserve the cap space for this coming off-season.

He's right that doing that can chip away at team chemistry, but that is usually cured if the team is winning since guys know that if they look like they are putting the team ahead of themselves, other teams will like that, including the one they are on.

Of course the flipside to that is that if things start to go sideways (as they did), then they aren't invested enough to keep to the team concept to get through it. With the exception of McGee, this is pretty much what we saw.

This would be a good solution. I like the idea of keeping Caruso and McGee although the Lakers really couldn't do much until they know if they are getting a max guy or not.

Not too much of a fan of keeping KCP (and I actually like him) because he's too inconsistent.

I've said it before and I'm going to keep saying it until I "speak it into existence" lol...

Sign Vucevic or Boogie (in that order) on, hopefully a less than max deal, trade for Beal. They can then hopefully keep McGee and Caruso and/or bring in a couple of solid vet role players.
I would like Vucvic and Walker.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the media outside of LA.

Truth. I generally like Colin Cowherd, but even he went a little over the top on Thursday or Friday.

He was talking about how difficult things might be for the Lakers in the off-season he said "They can't trade Brandon Ingram because of his blood clotting issue that's just like Chris Bosh".

If he took calls, I think I would have made my first call to a talk show to say "Hey idiot, it was structural and has already been corrected surgically. So, it's not like Chris Bosh. You reported that the day after it was announced that issue was structural. Now you want to say 'it's just like Chris Bosh'."