• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Los Angeles Lakers 2018-2019 Season Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Via TNT Twitter

LeBron James being shut down for the rest of the season

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to that motherfucking OG Snoop on 92.3 from back in the day.

"Gin and Juice."

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. We don't need to win anymore games. Right now they sent 10th in the lottery standings which gives them a 3% chance at the #1 pick and a 13% chance to move into the top 4 but we're only a .5 game up on Minny for it. If we slip out the top 10, the chances of of the #1 pick drop to 2% but the top 4 is a steeper drop to 9%.

We're a couple games back of 8th, which could be achievable if they actually start to tank. Like seriously, stop playing Lebron. Make up a lie and say his groin is acting up. I'd feel pretty good sitting in 8th because the odds are 6% for the #1 pick but 26% for a top 4 pick. Getting a top 4 pick would be a MUCH needed trade asset to improve the team this summer. LA needs to absolutely whatever it can to maximize that chance.

-Via TNT Twitter

LeBron James being shut down for the rest of the season

Made my post at 3pm. An hour later the Lakers shut down Lebron saying "so his groin can fully heal". Nice to know Magic reads SportsHoopla

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Made my post at 3pm. An hour later the Lakers shut down Lebron saying "so his groin can fully heal". Nice to know Magic reads SportsHoopla
Tank you very much Lakers!!!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, here two more basketball pundits mentioning that one of the factors that Paul George did not become a Laker was because of having the possibility develop where George would become another Kevin Love playing next to James.

I have stating all along that this team took a turn for the worse after they signed James and when all of the injuries occurred. Then the FO screwed-up and the AD debacle just took the wind right out of their sails along with getting rid of three players that many in the franchise wanted to keep. That being Russell, Lopez, and Randle.
O.K. I added the second and third factors after repeated posts by TJF12. :lol:

In my mind, this guy is poison and until I see otherwise in the future, I still think we would be better off without James in the long-term.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/big-time-players-want-play-030156698.html

More click bait.

1. As @tomodach10 pointed out, PG specifically said that he was overwhelmed by the reception he got from the Thunder organization, their fans and Westbrook.

2. He said that he didn't feel the Lakers tried hard enough to trade for him.

3. PG literally announced he was staying about 1 second after midnight. Westbrook already had a party set up for him to announce and celebrate that he was staying. PG's decision was obviously made long before anyone knew that Lebron was signing with the Lakers.

Also, if you have the opportunity to get a player like Lebron while he's still the best in the game...you do it every single time. Even if it costs you Russell, Lopez and Randle.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to that motherfucking OG Snoop on 92.3 from back in the day.

"Gin and Juice."

I'm listening to some Elmore James right now. But does Snoop still have his mind on his money & his money on his mind?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that all maybe true but it presents the perception of a front office that is in over its head. This notion is further corroborated by a recent story by Kenneth Teape on the app Lake Show Life where he emphatically claims that the Clippers had a good laugh at the expense of the Lakers in the Zubac trade.

Teape states that the Lakers made two separate deals before the trade deadline to acquire Reggie Bullock from Detroit for Mykhailiuk and a second round pick in 2019 and trading Zubac and Beasley for Muscala from the Clippers.

Teape states that Johnson embarrassed himself and the Lakers during trade negotiations with NO for AD, which we all now know, but then further speculates that the public spectacle ruined the team's chemistry and cohesion. In essence, the Lakers were once again becoming a laughing stock with the Pels as well as the Clippers.

According to Dave McMenamin of ESPN, Jerry West and Clippers brass had a good laugh at the expense of the Lakers after the Zubac trade because the Clippers and the Icon could not believe that Magic, just out of the blue, offered Zubac without any asking by the Clippers. At first, no one believed the offer that Magic presented because they were all thinking it was just about Beasley, but when Zubac was included, the Icon jumped at the offer.

So, these public debacles are evidence that is presented for the main reasons the Lakers will not be the destination point for Blue Chip FA this summer and anytime soon in the future.

That is one reason I stated that Jeannie should step in and clean house starting over but I doubt that will occur. Anyways, don't take my word for it, check it out on the Lake Show Life app.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that all maybe true but it presents the perception of a front office that is in over its head. This notion is further corroborated by a recent story by Kenneth Teape on the app Lake Show Life where he emphatically claims that the Clippers had a good laugh at the expense of the Lakers in the Zubac trade.

Teape states that the Lakers made two separate deals before the trade deadline to acquire Reggie Bullock from Detroit for Mykhailiuk and a second round pick in 2019 and trading Zubac and Beasley for Muscala from the Clippers.

Teape states that Johnson embarrassed himself and the Lakers during trade negotiations with NO for AD, which we all now know, but then further speculates that the public spectacle ruined the team's chemistry and cohesion. In essence, the Lakers were once again becoming a laughing stock with the Pels as well as the Clippers.

According to Dave McMenamin of ESPN, Jerry West and Clippers brass had a good laugh at the expense of the Lakers after the Zubac trade because the Clippers and the Icon could not believe that Magic, just out of the blue, offered Zubac without any asking by the Clippers. At first, no one believed the offer that Magic presented because they were all thinking it was just about Beasley, but when Zubac was included, the Icon jumped at the offer.

So, these public debacles are evidence that is presented for the main reasons the Lakers will not be the destination point for Blue Chip FA this summer and anytime soon in the future.

That is one reason I stated that Jeannie should step in and clean house starting over but I doubt that will occur. Anyways, don't take my word for it, check it out on the Lake Show Life app.

Why do you give this kind of nonsense legitimacy?

The Lakers were trying to add 3 point shooting. You know, like everyone said they needed to.

Zubac is, at best, a career backup. He's never going to be an all star, he's never even going to be a true starting center in today's NBA. If The Logo and the Clippers think they somehow "got one over on the Lakers" because they got a back up center and a guy who wasn't playing, for a guy who can shoot 3's. Then I'd say The Logo has lost some of his mojo.

It's the Lakers...the Lakers equal clicks, especially when they are "low hanging fruit" like they are right now. Lazy idiots like Teape and McMenamin are going to write whatever they can to criticize because people will click on it and read it because it's the Lakers. It doesn't make anything they say true or correct. To actually write something intelligent about the situation is too much work for reporters like that.

Yes, the Lakers FO looked bad in the AD debacle. They are inexperienced and got trolled because Klutch tried to force the Pels to trade AD and it pissed them off. When things started spinning out of control, they didn't know how to stop it. Hopefully, they learned their lesson (Klutch too) and won't make the same mistakes going forward.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do I give these things legitimacy? Because I am not sure that Magic's thinking encompasses today's players like Dirk Nowitizke characterized them as. That being they are not as focused on winning as they are their appearance on twitter and Instagram. The player that Magic wants and hopes to get no longer exists. There are lots of reasons why we are in the shitter for 6 straight seasons and you of anybody would know this. I am just providing fodder for thought.

BTW, TJF12. Who died and appointed you the spokesman of the Lakers? Yea most of your stuff is fairly spot on but you are doing the same thing I am doing. The only difference is that you make a judgment on what you read. I simply parrot some of the shit I read. I think you know that. So take a chill pill there chief.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pels up by a point at the half. We are doing well without James, Kuzma, Ingram, Hart, anybody else I missed.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are playing well.....up double digits.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big win in NO. McGee, Rondo, and KCP had a big game. I suppose James can breathe easy as we have equaled last year's won-loss total and equaled James' rookie season totals when he started with Cleveland.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you give this kind of nonsense legitimacy?

The Lakers were trying to add 3 point shooting. You know, like everyone said they needed to.

Zubac is, at best, a career backup. He's never going to be an all star, he's never even going to be a true starting center in today's NBA. If The Logo and the Clippers think they somehow "got one over on the Lakers" because they got a back up center and a guy who wasn't playing, for a guy who can shoot 3's. Then I'd say The Logo has lost some of his mojo.

It's the Lakers...the Lakers equal clicks, especially when they are "low hanging fruit" like they are right now. Lazy idiots like Teape and McMenamin are going to write whatever they can to criticize because people will click on it and read it because it's the Lakers. It doesn't make anything they say true or correct. To actually write something intelligent about the situation is too much work for reporters like that.

Yes, the Lakers FO looked bad in the AD debacle. They are inexperienced and got trolled because Klutch tried to force the Pels to trade AD and it pissed them off. When things started spinning out of control, they didn't know how to stop it. Hopefully, they learned their lesson (Klutch too) and won't make the same mistakes going forward.
Great post!!!! I just wish Magic would have came out and said, after davis requested the trade, to say we are not trading for Davis at this time. I bet he won't make that rookie mistake again by not putting out that fire. When you know something will never happen, you have to diffuse speculation it will.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post!!!! I just wish Magic would have came out and said, after davis requested the trade, to say we are not trading for Davis at this time. I bet he won't make that rookie mistake again by not putting out that fire. When you know something will never happen, you have to diffuse speculation it will.

Exactly. I also wonder if part of why Magic didn't say anything is because, as even Lebron said, every time the Lakers say anything about another player, they get accused of tampering.

He literally may not have known what he was allowed to say. Mitch, on the other hand, would have known what he was allowed to say.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do I give these things legitimacy? Because I am not sure that Magic's thinking encompasses today's players like Dirk Nowitizke characterized them as. That being they are not as focused on winning as they are their appearance on twitter and Instagram. The player that Magic wants and hopes to get no longer exists. There are lots of reasons why we are in the shitter for 6 straight seasons and you of anybody would know this. I am just providing fodder for thought.

But they aren't legitimate articles and have no legitimate information in them. There's literally no thought put into them. It has nothing to do with "today's players like Dirk Nowitzki characterized them" or the player that Magic wants.

It's about lazy writers posting articles that are intended to do nothing but drive clicks.

BTW, TJF12. Who died and appointed you the spokesman of the Lakers? Yea most of your stuff is fairly spot on but you are doing the same thing I am doing. The only difference is that you make a judgment on what you read. I simply parrot some of the shit I read. I think you know that. So take a chill pill there chief.

No one died and made me the spokesperson of anything. But maybe they should. lol

Funny that you criticize that and then say that most of my stuff is fairly spot on though.

You do more than parrot these articles. You link them and then respond as if there is actual, legitimate information in them when there isn't.

It's pretty simple, if the article is a full of the same crap as other click bait articles and ignores most or all of the things that we Lakers fans know (like injuries, punting cap space to the following season, acting like the Lakers were expecting to win a title with this years roster), then it's likely just click bait.

If you want to keep reading that stuff and acting like it's quality info and reporting, then feel free. I'm certainly not trying to tell you that you can't.

But, by the same token, if I feel like it's bullshit, I'm going to call it bullshit.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big win in NO. McGee, Rondo, and KCP had a big game. I suppose James can breathe easy as we have equaled last year's won-loss total and equaled James' rookie season totals when he started with Cleveland.

They did it with Kuzma sitting out along with Lebron, Lonzo, Ingram and Hart too.

Saw Lebron and Lonzo sitting next to each other during the game and it looked like they were having fun watching and talking.

Maybe Lebron is trying to mend fences?

I sure hope so.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers waited till the end of the season to start playing well....when everybody thinks we should be tanking.

LOL.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost forgot we played tonight.