• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Los Angeles Lakers 2018-2019 Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD if we traded for him.

If the rumors that the Pels won't deal with the Lakers are true, it won't matter. AD won't be coming via trade.

Imo, the Lakers have to try to trade for AD and if that doesn't happen, then I think they should try to trade for a guy like Beal (who will likely cost less to get than AD) and then bring in someone like Vucevic or even Boogie.

At the very least, they could trade for Beal and then look to bring in AD next off-season. But then they run the risk of having the same thing happen that happened with PG (although him being a Klutch client might make that a little less likely).

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Luke is doing now seems to be working. Alex Caruso getting a lot of PT and McGee is playing better. I guess the pressure is off and everyone is just playing decent basketball including guys like KCP, Stephenson, Chandler, and even Rondo and James. So, I don't know what exactly is occurring but if we continue this, they may just hang onto Luke now that Rick Carlisle has been mentioned as a possible replacement.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Luke is doing now seems to be working. Alex Caruso getting a lot of PT and McGee is playing better. I guess the pressure is off and everyone is just playing decent basketball including guys like KCP, Stephenson, Chandler, and even Rondo and James. So, I don't know what exactly is occurring but if we continue this, they may just hang onto Luke now that Rick Carlisle has been mentioned as a possible replacement.

I think the Rick Carlisle rumor is more about making the Lakers look more "legit" for lack of a better term. Things seem to be headed in the right direction in Dallas. Not sure why he'd want to leave.

If Luke is fired and they could get Carlisle, that would be a good get for them.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Mark Jackson idea, TJF12 or Tyronn Lue since he played for the Lakers. Jackson was actually responsible for building (along with the Icon) the championship team in Sacramento that Steve Kerr finally inherited.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rick Carlisle rumor is more about making the Lakers look more "legit" for lack of a better term. Things seem to be headed in the right direction in Dallas. Not sure why he'd want to leave.

If Luke is fired and they could get Carlisle, that would be a good get for them.

Neither am I. And neither is anyone here. Carlisle has it made in a Pop-level way down here. I’m with you. Seems more of a “throw shit against wall” rumor float.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His substitution patterns have been driven by fitting in new players and injuries.

At the beginning of the season, they had a lot of new faces and he needed time to see how everyone fit. That means experimenting with different lineups.

Once he got that figured out, they settled into a regular pattern, they started winning and there were no more complaints. In fact, people were expressing surprise at how well they were all fitting together considering it was an odd roster.

When the injuries hit, that caused changes in the rotations. I mean, they have Alex Caruso playing 20 plus minutes per game. If the Lakers were healthy, Caruso is in the G-League. Even Reggie Bullock, who they just traded for, is out with injury.

X's and O's are learned and Luke has been learning. Also, being great at X's and O's isn't a prerequisite to being a good head coach, if it were, Phil Jackson would have lasted about 1 season.
The problem is... why is he playing the veterans more then the young players. What is the point of that with the Lakers out???

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke finally likes Alex Caruso. Caruso is playing a lot of minutes and Rondo likes him as well.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yours truly has recently reached a very special place here on tHoop. 5th all-time (like ever) in posts....recently passed Dash, a hockey poster.

#Iconstatus

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We trail, 53-47, and it's almost halftime.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is... why is he playing the veterans more then the young players. What is the point of that with the Lakers out???

Because it's the young guys who are hurt. Lonzo and Ingram are out for the year and Hart has been playing on one leg for most of the season.

Kuzma plays 30+ minutes and Wagner has been playing more (21 minutes last night).