• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Los Angeles Lakers 2018-2019 Season Thread

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings are shooting 27% and they are only down by 5. That about sums this season for the Lakers.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James tried to shoot a lay-up inside. Got blocked, tried again, and shot an airball. Didn't even bother to get his teammates involved. The ball goes the other way and the game is tied.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are actually trading baskets with another crappy team. Nothing has changed with this team.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That series was pathetic. A outlet pass leads to a missed three ball and we are up by one.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cauley-Stein flying for the dunk and we are down by one. I don't know what this offense is but it is nearly unrecognizable.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't know. I am torn between giving Luke another year or firing him.

I've said all along that I think they should keep Luke and I give zero shits if Lebron wants him out or not.

Lebron wanted Spo gone when he got to Miami, Riley told him to stfu, Spo is the coach. Lebron fell in line and they made 4 straight finals and won 2.

None of what has happened is Luke's fault. He was doing just fine and no one was talking about firing him before all of the injuries hit.

If they do fire Luke, I'd like to see them go after Lue or Mark Jackson, in that order.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said all along that I think they should keep Luke and I give zero shits if Lebron wants him out or not.

Lebron wanted Spo gone when he got to Miami, Riley told him to stfu, Spo is the coach. Lebron fell in line and they made 4 straight finals and won 2.

None of what has happened is Luke's fault. He was doing just fine and no one was talking about firing him before all of the injuries hit.

If they do fire Luke, I'd like to see them go after Lue or Mark Jackson, in that order.
Wel, we all just want the Lakers to win. I don't think Lebron wants Luke out. I am not sold at all on Luke and his coaching ability, but I am willing to roll into next year with him and a retooled healthy team.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His subbing patterns are bizarre and he's not the best at x's and o's.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with signing Klay, is that it would likely mean there wouldn't be money to sign AD in the next off-season. The Lakers had cleared space for 2 max contracts, Lebron got 1, Klay would get the 2nd one. I don't think they'd have a way to clear a 3rd one before AD became a free agent.

They would have to trade for AD and sign Klay. So, if it were to happen, it would have to happen this off-season.

If they are going to wait for AD, then the better option would be to trade for someone like Bradley Beal and then sign another year of place holders to preserve the cap space to sign AD in 2020.

That would give them Beal, Lebron and hopefully 2 of Ingram, Kuzma, Lonzo and Hart and then they'd need to do a better job on signing placeholders to get them to 2020. You can get to the playoffs with that.

Then, in 2020, they could sign AD, and assuming that Lebron is still at least a top 10 player in the league, have real shot at contending. Especially if KD leaves the Warriors.

Pretty sure we could go over the cap to sign him since we'd have his Bird rights.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lance show-boating.....fucking moron.

We're going to miss the playoffs and he thinks this shit is cute.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lance show-boating.....fucking moron.

We're going to miss the playoffs and he thinks this shit is cute.
Lighten up francis. It was funny.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we all just want the Lakers to win. I don't think Lebron wants Luke out. I am not sold at all on Luke and his coaching ability, but I am willing to roll into next year with him and a retooled healthy team.

Yeah, I like what I've seen from Luke, but I agree, we don't know if he is the long term solution or not.

What we do know is that the kids seemed to like him and the team was improving with him as the coach. We also know that at Christmas they looked to be ahead of schedule, had chemistry and looked like they were having fun.

We also know that with all of the crap that has happened since Christmas, Luke has been the most steady and "mature acting" person out of everyone.

I also agree, we don't know for sure that Lebron wants him out. But there's an awful lot of smoke for there to be no fire (at least a small one lol). Although, it could simply be just a lot of speculation because of Lebron's overblown "coach killer" rep.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His subbing patterns are bizarre and he's not the best at x's and o's.

His substitution patterns have been driven by fitting in new players and injuries.

At the beginning of the season, they had a lot of new faces and he needed time to see how everyone fit. That means experimenting with different lineups.

Once he got that figured out, they settled into a regular pattern, they started winning and there were no more complaints. In fact, people were expressing surprise at how well they were all fitting together considering it was an odd roster.

When the injuries hit, that caused changes in the rotations. I mean, they have Alex Caruso playing 20 plus minutes per game. If the Lakers were healthy, Caruso is in the G-League. Even Reggie Bullock, who they just traded for, is out with injury.

X's and O's are learned and Luke has been learning. Also, being great at X's and O's isn't a prerequisite to being a good head coach, if it were, Phil Jackson would have lasted about 1 season.