• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Los Angeles Lakers 2018-2019 Season Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picked a fine time to start balling again, beat the Hornets last night....playing spoiler since they are in a playoff push.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KCP balling out 2 of the last 3 games and averaging 18ppg the last 10 games.

Playing for his next contract.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like alot of people are doing the hammer-on with LeBron. Don't know who the source of this one is but rumors are flying. Besides, James came back around late in the season when it was clear the Lakers were not going to the playoffs.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/rumor-lebron-james-didn-t-173924886.html

lol

These click bait articles crack me up.

Of course he didn't "fully engage" with the kids. Guess what? They didn't "fully engage" with him either. It takes time to "fully engage" and build chemistry.

The chemistry appeared to be being built and Lebron and the kids were working towards being fully engaged when he went down with the injury.

Then, Lebron and Rich Paul either panicked or got bored (maybe a little of both?) and decided to try to play GM to bring in AD.

That pretty well killed any chemistry or trust that had been built. It basically set them back even farther than "square one".

At the very least, Lebron seems to understand his mistake (or at least is smart enough to pretend he does) and seems to be trying to rebuild some of that. He's going to have to continue with it and try to undo some of the damage done to the Lakers reputation that it caused as well.

If not, the Lakers aren't going to have much chance of signing any top FA's.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KCP balling out 2 of the last 3 games and averaging 18ppg the last 10 games.

Playing for his next contract.

Posted this on the main board.

I like KCP more than I think the rest of you do. But he drives me crazy.

I like his defense and obviously, he can score.

But he is too inconsistent with his scoring. Sometimes, he looks like he couldn't start for a bad high school JV team...

Then he has stretches like this one where he looks like he can be an all star. :tsk:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondo wants to return next season.

giphy.gif

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the hate on Rondo.....

9ppg, 8apg, and 5rpg in just 29mpg. And has been a bright spot shooting 36% on treys.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, TJF12. LeBron is entering into mea culpa territory here at the end of his first disasterous season by his own admission.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we will win another game this season unless some teams pull their starters in lieu of the post-season. The rest of the way we face NO, OKC, the W's, Clips, Utah, and Portland.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we will win another game this season unless some teams pull their starters in lieu of the post-season. The rest of the way we face NO, OKC, the W's, Clips, Utah, and Portland.

Good. We don't need to win anymore games. Right now they sent 10th in the lottery standings which gives them a 3% chance at the #1 pick and a 13% chance to move into the top 4 but we're only a .5 game up on Minny for it. If we slip out the top 10, the chances of of the #1 pick drop to 2% but the top 4 is a steeper drop to 9%.

We're a couple games back of 8th, which could be achievable if they actually start to tank. Like seriously, stop playing Lebron. Make up a lie and say his groin is acting up. I'd feel pretty good sitting in 8th because the odds are 6% for the #1 pick but 26% for a top 4 pick. Getting a top 4 pick would be a MUCH needed trade asset to improve the team this summer. LA needs to absolutely whatever it can to maximize that chance.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, here two more basketball pundits mentioning that one of the factors that Paul George did not become a Laker was because of having the possibility develop where George would become another Kevin Love playing next to James.

I have stating all along that this team took a turn for the worse after they signed James and when all of the injuries occurred. Then the FO screwed-up and the AD debacle just took the wind right out of their sails along with getting rid of three players that many in the franchise wanted to keep. That being Russell, Lopez, and Randle.
O.K. I added the second and third factors after repeated posts by TJF12. :lol:

In my mind, this guy is poison and until I see otherwise in the future, I still think we would be better off without James in the long-term.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/big-time-players-want-play-030156698.html

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, here two more basketball pundits mentioning that one of the factors that Paul George did not become a Laker was because of having the possibility develop where George would become another Kevin Love playing next to James.

I have stating all along that this team took a turn for the worse after they signed James and when all of the injuries occurred. Then the FO screwed-up and the AD debacle just took the wind right out of their sails along with getting rid of three players that many in the franchise wanted to keep. That being Russell, Lopez, and Randle.
O.K. I added the second and third factors after repeated posts by TJF12. :lol:

In my mind, this guy is poison and until I see otherwise in the future, I still think we would be better off without James in the long-term.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/big-time-players-want-play-030156698.html
Disagree. George said he did not turn down LA because of LBJ. He liked OKC situation. Yahoo is just throwing BS out there. I beileve it from the person then some idiot on yahoo.