• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lone Keeper for 2014

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking ahead to 2014.

We have some strict rules on keepers. 1) We can only keep one. 2) He can't be a keeper from the previous year. 3) And he must be drafted after the fifth round (or picked up on waivers).

We don't have to decide who we are actually going to keep until August. As of my current roster these are the eligible keepers for 2014:

Zac Stacy
Andre Ellington
Michael Crabtree
DeAndre Hopkins
Darrius Heyward-Bey
Harry Douglas

Here's the wrinkle which prompted this thread... before the season ends (like in week 16), I'd like to pick up another "possible" keeper for next year. Who may be flying below the radar, or hurt, that may be a decent target?

Some names on the waiver wire...

Kendall Hunter
Brandon Bolden
Khiry Robinson

Keep in mind, I'm not asking for help on picking the keeper. Plenty of time for all of that to play out in the off-season. I'm just looking to add possible keeper candidates.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't bother with Bolden and Hunter - competition is too stiff. Robinson is an interesting thought, but NO's not a system that favors RBs enough to warrant a keeper, even in your system. I think you have plenty to work with already.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heyward-Bey seems like an intriguing guy to me - it seems like he's played solidly in Indianapolis

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure don't see any true diamonds in the rough that would be keeper worthy over what you've mentioned. It'd be a stretch to think anyone that's currently available in waivers would be higher than a late round flier come next year's draft anyways, so why use that lone keeper slot when could still have em at a very low cost anyways?

And not that you asked, ;) ,but Stacy or Ellington get my vote

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must have some pretty big rosters to hold all of the hurt guys. I'm pretty much with everybody else on this and I think TREFF has it right with Stacy or Ellington. Here's something to think about though: If those rosters aren't that big and you have some teams that are in a tight race, there are a few players that MAY get dropped if all of these injuries don't slow down. I doubt it but say Randal Cobb could get dropped (you did say only one keeper right?). Not sure if he would be better than the guys you mentioned but there is that possibility.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is not going to be better choices on the waiver wire than Andre Ellington or
Michael Crabtree

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the input. Cobb is not eligible even if he were on the ww (since Cobb was a keeper this season).

There are 16 roster spots and this league does not use kickers or D/ST. But we do play 4 IDP spots.

Monte Ball is out there too, but he was originally drafted in round 5 so he would not be eligible.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tough to say without seeing your entire waiver wire. I think a name to keep in mind is Marcus Lattimore. Other than that, Ellington and Stacy are fantastic options no doubt.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated

Here's the newest list of eligible keepers. (No strings, we just get to keep one guy beyond round 5.) My rankings as of today:

1) Zac Stacy
2) Nick Foles
3) Michael Crabtree
4) Andre Ellington
5) Bobby Rainey
6) Harry Douglas

In all honesty, Ellington thru Douglas are not really under consideration and Stacy seems like a no-brainer. But they're on the list since a lot can happen between now and next August.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are my rankings:

1- Zac Stacy
2- Zac Stacy
3- Zac Stacy
4- Zac Stacy
5- Zac Stacy

He is far and away the top player. He is a possible first round pick next year. No other player on your list should garner consideration in the first 4 rounds or re-draft leagues.

You have a couple decent replacement options, but Stacy is so far and away the clear choice that any other roster moves seem kind of like you would be spinning your wheels. Any lottery ticket RB would have more keeper value than Douglas, but again this is an unnecessary exercise given that you can only keep 1 guy.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I would say Stacy too but just to throw a little curve out there...............

(Rotoworld)The San Francisco Chronicle reports Marcus Lattimore (reserve/NFI, knee) hasn't had any setbacks since being cleared to practice last week.
Analysis: "I'm hitting it," Lattimore said. "When I'm out there, I'm going at the pace I normally would." It's good news that Lattimore hasn't had any issues with his rehab, but the 49ers are still not expected to activate him from the NFI list this season. He'll continue to practice through next week before being placed on injured reserve.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are my rankings:

1- Zac Stacy
2- Zac Stacy
3- Zac Stacy
4- Zac Stacy
5- Zac Stacy

He is far and away the top player. He is a possible first round pick next year. No other player on your list should garner consideration in the first 4 rounds or re-draft leagues.

You have a couple decent replacement options, but Stacy is so far and away the clear choice that any other roster moves seem kind of like you would be spinning your wheels. Any lottery ticket RB would have more keeper value than Douglas, but again this is an unnecessary exercise given that you can only keep 1 guy.

:agree:

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles is very interesting.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta tell ya this keeper story. Same league.

A few years ago, I had a chance to keep Shonn Greene or Ahmad Bradshaw. The overwhelming majority favored Greene. Bradshaw had a career year that season, while Greene was, well, Greene.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't heard anyone, nor can I think of someone who can even tie Stacy's shoes here. Zac Attack all the way!

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im all in for Zac..im keeping him in my league also

i also agree with Sam's curve ---Lattimore is a good one however Stacy has earned it

a long way out-- draft Lattimore late next year...hopefully the scribes which many players follow like sheep dont sell him and ruin his sneaky late round value...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta tell ya this keeper story. Same league.

A few years ago, I had a chance to keep Shonn Greene or Ahmad Bradshaw. The overwhelming majority favored Greene. Bradshaw had a career year that season, while Greene was, well, Greene.

As you know, there are no guarantees in fantasy football. Stacy might not outproduce any of the guys on this list, but he has the most value by far.

If you were deciding between Joique Bell and Trent Richardson last year, who would you have chosen?

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you know, there are no guarantees in fantasy football. Stacy might not outproduce any of the guys on this list, but he has the most value by far.

If you were deciding between Joique Bell and Trent Richardson last year, who would you have chosen?

:10::10::10:

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are Vick Ballard, Ahmad Bradshaw, or Jeremy Maclin available? I would consider one of them if you have the roster space.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well played, tlance. Well played.