• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lone Keeper for 2014

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Lattimore ...hasn't had any setbacks since being cleared to practice last week.

No thanks. Sam, I thought you knew me well enough to know that I would not take a chance on guy who tore up his left ACL, then his right ACL, PCL, and LCL before he took a single snap in the NFL.

Are Vick Ballard, Ahmad Bradshaw, or Jeremy Maclin available? I would consider one of them if you have the roster space.

Maclin could be an interesting addition. Thanks. I think that Ballard and Bradshaw are past their NFL zenith. Plus I'm sure that TRich gets all the chances to be the RB1 in Indy (even if he's destined to fail).

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking ahead to 2014.

Here's the wrinkle which prompted this thread... before the season ends (like in week 16), I'd like to pick up another "possible" keeper for next year. Who may be flying below the radar, or hurt, that may be a decent target?

Some names on the waiver wire...

Kendall Hunter
Brandon Bolden
Khiry Robinson

Now Joe, out of the guys you currently have on your team I would say Stacy is the keeper as of today. The only other guy I would consider is Crabby (dude was a total stud the last half of last year and started his 2013 with a pretty decent outing)..................with that said, I would take a chance on Lattimore before I would take a chance on either of the 3 guys you mentioned above.....................well, maybe not Hunter but with the whole off season to see how it pans out Lattimore could end up with the starting gig when Gore hangs em up (in 2021)......................I mean why would the Niners draft a guy with a blown out knee if they didn't see something there. This kid was electric and if all it costs is a roster spot in the offseason what would it hurt?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kendall Hunter
Brandon Bolden
Khiry Robinson

Sam, these guys (above) were under consideration back in October. No more. Just shows how things can change in a few short weeks.

As for your suggestion on Marcus Lattimore, I may keep an eye on him in the off-season and consider taking a flyer on him in the 2014 re-draft. But if I add him to my team, knowing that I have other viable options as a keeper, wouldn't that send a message to the other owners in the league that I'm interested in Lattimore?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated today

1) Zac Stacy
2) Nick Foles
3) Michael Crabtree
4) Dennis Pitta
5) Andre Ellington
6) Bobby Rainey
7) Harry Douglas

In all honesty, Ellington thru Douglas are not really under consideration and Stacy seems like a no-brainer. But they're on the list since a lot can happen between now and next August.

Gotta tell ya, Foles is making a real strong case for my 2014 keeper.