• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions wants to control their flagship station.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. Guess I'm maturing (finally).

WJR in a statement said it will do live game broadcasts, the pre- and postgame shows, a regular-season weekly show and additional offseason programming.

Maybe WJR will change up their format now? I'm looking forward to it. The fact that WJR is THE no.1 source for Lions news/interviews etc...is very desirable as a Lions fan. On the flip side, 97.1 will be the last people to get any Lions news, which means they've lost my ear.

WJR will need to change up their format if they want to pull the demographic needed to draw top dollar for ad revenue. If they don't, they will get people listening on Sunday and flipping it right back to 97.1 or 1270.

They announced they would not be adding a daily sports talk show, which is odd, as that is the way they can change the image of their station and draw in listeners. I can't blame them though -- they cater to the older community and that is their niche.

I don't think being the #1 anything for the Lions is going to bring in listeners (other listening to the game) -- with social media today, you get any announcement or news regarding any sports team within a minute of it becoming public. That is why I found it odd they weren't going to do a sports talk show.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice predictions. Never know. My view is that WJR is a class A outlet for a reason. The Ticket is a class B outlet for a reason. I trust guys like Rod Wood, who has a history of making elite financial decisions, and the people in charge of the Class A station that they're making the right decision. Mr. Wood has been making the Fords' cash hand over fist for many years now. It's why he's the new Prez. His job is make money, not lose it. I think he knows what he is doing.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Valenti claims he praises the Lions when they win. Won 3 in a row. "Worst QB in the NFL" Stafford beat a winning team on the road then tossed 5 scores. Has he been praising them? Probably talking about Lil Bro all week. Anyone listening?