• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Handicapping Russell Wilson's Landing Spots

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't you heard? We don't do politics here. Well, maybe we do as long as it is a libtard criticizing a conservative.

It's great that people from the Pacific Northwest are able to pay tribute to their Southern heritage.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Pete Carroll answers to no one but Jody Allen that is a problem.
Why? Because Russ isn’t happy about that dynamic? There could be an argument to be made that isn’t a good dynamic that Pete technically is Schneider’s boss but Russ looks terrible that he is bringing this up now when Pete rightfully went away from the let Russ cook philosophy.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't you heard? We don't do politics here. Well, maybe we do as long as it is a libtard criticizing a conservative.

Nothing in my post was political. It was an observed fact.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok to show you how the Media is flipping things let me post a quote.

What I was told by someone close to the situation yesterday is that the Seahawks want to trade Russell Wilson as much as Wilson wants out of Seattle, which kind of surprised me,”

Now do any of you see the wording? so yes this is a very truthful post by this Media member but out of context it looks very bad. What was said is Wilson doesn't want to leave and the Seahawks do not want to trade him so it is a correct statement because neither want to leave or be traded so both want the same thing. Or say there is 2% of Wilson that wants to be traded and 2% of the Seahawks. So yes they want the same thing the same amount lol.

Dont let out of context reporting control you. Manipulation by the media at it's finest. I just advise people to look a little deeper and ignore the manipulation and half truths.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to this article the Seahawks haven't actually talked Wilson trade with anyone.
Maybe this will help put these rumors to rest?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to this article the Seahawks haven't actually talked Wilson trade with anyone.

The media is going to keep talking about it until there is better things to talk about.

A hypothetical Russell Wilson trade gives writers lots and lots of material to work with.

Eventually they'll swing back to Deshaun Watson and that situation. Or we will get close to the draft and that will take all of the oxygen out of the room.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah like I said a while back, if the Hawks didn't listen to offers no matter who it includes then they are not doing their jobs. Always listen to the deal. Some one stupid might say Hey we will give you our number 1 and 2 picks for the next 7 years and the #1 overall pick this year...lol Still dont think i would take that offer for Wilson. Some people are just kind of untouchable.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks finally come out and put the skids on the RW rumors that he could be traded... I wouldn't have been shocked if they had at least entertained a deal or so just to see what the market would bear for him...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what the Bears offered for Wilson...

Chicago's package for a potential Wilson trade included three first-round picks, a third-rounder, and two starters, a source close to the team told national radio host Dan Patrick
The offer interested Seattle, but the decision to decline was made by head coach Pete Carroll rather than general manager John Schneider, Patrick adds

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what the Bears offered for Wilson...

PC/JS 100% controlled this leak and wanted this specific message to be filtered out.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still wouldnt do that trade, 3 late firsts? No thanks.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the Bears offered 3 first round picks and 2 starters for Russ ... Seattle said thanks but no thanks...

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still wouldnt do that trade, 3 late firsts? No thanks.
Agree. Late firsts are just a invitation to reach on leftovers and usually are busts.

Yep.

Not the same players, position, or circumstances but essentially the same point I made in regards to the Adams trade. The late first round picks just are not as valuable as the higher picks where the top tier players are.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Not the same players, position, or circumstances but essentially the same point I made in regards to the Adams trade. The late first round picks just are not as valuable as the higher picks where the top tier players are.

Pretty much. It's all about the probability of being able to get a commensurate player with the received picks. And the reality is that the odds are not very good.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

In general I feel it's a bad idea to sell off future early picks, especially when you are going to have cap issues. While late firsts are often disappointing they at least infuse youth and hope, which is needed like oxygen for teams and fans. Not having a first or third round pick this draft is frankly pretty deflating especially with meager cap space and personally don't feel Adams was worth it. That's before considering the Seahawks traded next years first also and need to sign him or lose him after this season. That's just IMO and I don't claim I have any special insight.