• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions wants to control their flagship station.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not censorship when you walk away from the problem (Valenti). They never said he could or could not say anything, Lord knows he said whatever he wanted for years, and made himself look like a classless dirt ball by doing so. In end, his behavior cost his employers the biggest show in this town. He will never work anywhere else again. Career suicide. In the long run, Valenti will suffer most, as he should.

Disagree. Valenti's over the top NYer act can grate but he's very good at what he does and the reason for their ratings. He's more important to the station than 16 Lions games and he'll do fine if he decides to leave here.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. Valenti's over the top NYer act can grate but he's very good at what he does and the reason for their ratings. He's more important to the station than 16 Lions games and he'll do fine if he decides to leave here.

I understand he has a thick Spartan following and leave it at that.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Know what the ironic part of all this is? WJR is the flagship show for Sparty. :pound:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh so the Lions PR flak couldn't possibly be lying ?

Waz, they fled for higher ground at the end of a contract. Left a class B station w a measly 15k watts to a class A outfit w 50.

Pistons did same thing.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand he has a thick Spartan following and leave it at that.

It's got nothing to do with MSU. The guy is clearly very good at what he does. He's the reason for their show's success. I suspect he'll get even better as he ages and matures.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waz, they flee for higher ground. Left a class B station w a measly 15k watts to a class A outfit w 50.

Movin on up.

Ok. I don't buy it. They were at WJR for years and they've always had 50K watts, but they left them.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or that Tahir Whitehead, Jonte Green, Chris Greenwood and Rodney Hudson are improving on a weekly basis.

Let's chill with the sarcasm here..... We all know the Lewis's are on their way to linebacking stardom.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's got nothing to do with MSU. The guy is clearly very good at what he does. He's the reason for their show's success. I suspect he'll get even better as he ages and matures.

He's great at attracted a degenerating crowd with his degenerate act. Remember, this is the same guy who talked this fan base into craving Jason Smith, and told everyone Ansah couldn't play football. I'm not surprised this fan base buys his bullshit. They always have.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. I don't buy it. They were at WJR for years and they've always had 50K watts, but they left them.

FM talk radio was hip for a minute, expected them to grow, they didn't. Still class B. Simple as that.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Foster is the dead weight on that show, fwiw, and Jamie and Wojo are their best show.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Foster is the dead weight on that show, fwiw, and Jamie and Wojo are their best show.

Karsh and Anderson are useless homers. Foster just talks about cheating on his wife constantly. Morning show is worthless. Stoney is just an old creep at this point. None of them have strong sports IQs.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karsh and Anderson are useless homers. Morning show is worthless. Stoney is just an old creep at this point. None of them have strong sports IQs.

I agree there. I'm amazed that they've stuck with their morning team for as long as they have.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Lewis's

just one left, my man. just one... so Ronnell doesn't or can't count anymore as he's long gone... or does he

oh, fuck it. Ronnell counts in the add to Best, Young, Broyles, LeShoure group.

I could name so many more just like you but a glass thingy is calling my name out real loud right now to ease the long suffering pain.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree there. I'm amazed that they've stuck with their morning team for as long as they have.

I forgot to mention Caputo. Once my favorite (long time ago) he's been dragging his ass for years now. Almost trying too hard to be controversial. His whole show is about "Well, some people think this, and a lot of other people think that. What do you think?" Basically pitting idiot callers vs each other for two hours.

Main reason I ever listened to them were for Lions news. Now they're last in line to get it, which means they no longer have my ear.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's great at attracted a degenerating crowd with his degenerate act.

That degenerative crowd is the exact demographic companies want to attract with their ads. WJR's issue is their demographic consists of mostly senior citizens, so they aren't going to pull any of the key demographic by holding Lions game and NOT hosting any sports talk shows.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Totally agree that Foster is horrible. I don't think he watches sports.

The problem is Valenti can take a horrible position on a sports topic and Foster is too clueless to counter him. So callers (mostly dolts) get one minute each to make an argument. So the show goes nowhere for 4 hours.

Valenti understands sports. He is entertaining. He simply has no one to shut him up when he is clearly wrong.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is Valenti can take a horrible position on a sports topic

I do agree with this, but many times, you know exactly what he is going to say, before he even says it on some topics. He will argue the most absurd side of a topic because it will drum up interest from callers.

If he were to be on the popular side of every topic, it'd make for a boring show. It is the same thing for pretty much any talk show on 97.1.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That degenerative crowd is the exact demographic companies want to attract with their ads. WJR's issue is their demographic consists of mostly senior citizens, so they aren't going to pull any of the key demographic by holding Lions game and NOT hosting any sports talk shows.

I know. Guess I'm maturing (finally).

WJR in a statement said it will do live game broadcasts, the pre- and postgame shows, a regular-season weekly show and additional offseason programming.

Maybe WJR will change up their format now? I'm looking forward to it. The fact that WJR is THE no.1 source for Lions news/interviews etc...is very desirable as a Lions fan. On the flip side, 97.1 will be the last people to get any Lions news, which means they've lost my ear.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree that Foster is horrible. I don't think he watches sports.

The problem is Valenti can take a horrible position on a sports topic and Foster is too clueless to counter him. So callers (mostly dolts) get one minute each to make an argument. So the show goes nowhere for 4 hours.

Valenti understands sports. He is entertaining. He simply has no one to shut him up when he is clearly wrong.

Yeah, he needs someone who can match wits and verbally spar with him. Because he's off base plenty. But Foster just isn't that guy. In fact he actually gets pissed when Valenti counters one of his points a bit too definitively. It makes for some uncomfortable listening at times.