• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions secondary 4th best

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just sit back and wait to read posts from "The Golden One".

Once I do that, I'll have all the truth and facts needed.

When did you guys start calling me "The Golden One"? Not that I don't like it. It's certainly better than "Little Fucker".

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hqdefault.jpg

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd guess I will like him a lot on 3rd and short. My guess is many of the snaps he missed were 3rd and long or definitive passing downs.
Agreed. 3rd and short is his bread-and-butter.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did you guys start calling me "The Golden One"? Not that I don't like it. It's certainly better than "Little Fucker".

I called Blue a lil fucker. I wish I had more time to pick your brain that day. Because you are a wise fucker. Which explains the name "Golden One."

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd guess I will like him a lot on 3rd and short. My guess is many of the snaps he missed were 3rd and long or definitive passing downs.

The point I'm trying to make is that Ngata will still probably get his 'beloved tackle', but it'll be meaningless because the opposition will be moving the chains instead of lining up in punt formation.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called Blue a lil fucker. I wish I had more time to pick your brain that day. Because you are a wise fucker. Which explains the name "Golden One."

Not much left to pick. I still feel bad about forgetting about the thermostat.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much left to pick. I still feel bad about forgetting about the thermostat.

Damn Yankees...I sweat eating dinner, so I surely was going to in your house. I had a room mate from Abilene for awhile. He would wear a hoodie in the room and say he could hang beef in there.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Yankees...I sweat eating dinner, so I surely was going to in your house. I had a room mate from Abilene for awhile. He would wear a hoodie in the room and say he could hang beef in there.

Sounds exactly like what I would do and say. Although I wouldn't say anything unless someone asked about the hoodie. But someone always asks about the hoodie.

I know it's been a lot more comfortable over at Kenny's house since his A/C unit went out.

Edit: Yay Slay. (trying to stay on topic and all)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point I'm trying to make is that Ngata will still probably get his 'beloved tackle', but it'll be meaningless because the opposition will be moving the chains instead of lining up in punt formation.

You do realize the area Ngata excels at is his rush defense, right? He is the main reason why Baltimore had a top 5 rush defense in 7 of his 9 years there.

He is the reason I offered to wager Rob that Detroit would have a better rush defense than Miami. If the Lions defense drops off, it will be pressure on the QB. Ngata will still get doubled the same way Suh did, giving the LB's the same freedom they had in last year's defense.

I think what people seem to forget about Suh is -- he was a liability in the run game until the changes in the defense were made. Teams would run traps directly at him. It wasn't until we drafted Ansah, scrapped the wide 9 and brought in a new DC that Suh did well against the run.

The way he is being talked about on here -- you'd think Suh was this dominant force in the run game all 5 years in Detroit. Last year was the first year he was great against the run. What made Suh a special player was the pressure he put on the QB from his position. Ngata will be able to replace Suh in the rushing game and I don't think the team will skip a beat. It is getting after the QB that worries me more than anything else.

Those who think the Lions defense is going to fall apart because of losing a DT -- I think you are going to surprised. If Suh was a shut down CB -- I'd be on the boat with you, as they are next to impossible to replace. If Suh was JJ Watt -- I'd be on the boat with you, as the guy is just a freak.

Detroit's defense wasn't good because of one player though. Detroit finally has talent at multiple positions on the defensive side of the ball with the emergence of Levy, the play of Slay, not one, but two safeties who know their roles and play them tremendously. Ansah gets after the QB and is one of better DE's against the run as well.

Does it suck losing him? Absolutely. Is it the end of the world? IMO, Detroit's front office was smart by not overpaying Suh. It is way too much money for a DT and it is why you didn't see team's lining up to make him offers. He didn't want DT money -- he wanted to go to whoever would pay him the most and that is his right as a player. I don't think there is a chance in hell he can live up to the money he is being paid and I think Miami will be regretting that contract once they have to start letting go of talent to stay under the cap.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize the area Ngata excels at is his rush defense, right? He is the main reason why Baltimore had a top 5 rush defense in 7 of his 9 years there.

He is the reason I offered to wager Rob that Detroit would have a better rush defense than Miami. If the Lions defense drops off, it will be pressure on the QB. Ngata will still get doubled the same way Suh did, giving the LB's the same freedom they had in last year's defense.

I think what people seem to forget about Suh is -- he was a liability in the run game until the changes in the defense were made. Teams would run traps directly at him. It wasn't until we drafted Ansah, scrapped the wide 9 and brought in a new DC that Suh did well against the run.

The way he is being talked about on here -- you'd think Suh was this dominant force in the run game all 5 years in Detroit. Last year was the first year he was great against the run. What made Suh a special player was the pressure he put on the QB from his position. Ngata will be able to replace Suh in the rushing game and I don't think the team will skip a beat. It is getting after the QB that worries me more than anything else.

Those who think the Lions defense is going to fall apart because of losing a DT -- I think you are going to surprised. If Suh was a shut down CB -- I'd be on the boat with you, as they are next to impossible to replace. If Suh was JJ Watt -- I'd be on the boat with you, as the guy is just a freak.

Detroit's defense wasn't good because of one player though. Detroit finally has talent at multiple positions on the defensive side of the ball with the emergence of Levy, the play of Slay, not one, but two safeties who know their roles and play them tremendously. Ansah gets after the QB and is one of better DE's against the run as well.

Does it suck losing him? Absolutely. Is it the end of the world? IMO, Detroit's front office was smart by not overpaying Suh. It is way too much money for a DT and it is why you didn't see team's lining up to make him offers. He didn't want DT money -- he wanted to go to whoever would pay him the most and that is his right as a player. I don't think there is a chance in hell he can live up to the money he is being paid and I think Miami will be regretting that contract once they have to start letting go of talent to stay under the cap.

This perfectly sums up the loss of Suh, and the subsequent over-reaction by a small handful of our board members.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lions dont do well this year it will not be because of the defense. The offense needs to step up. Plenty of teams have won championships without the number 1 defense.