• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears at Lions

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not ready to give up on Fields just yet. His legs gives him more rope to eventually develop into a good passer. But if we do have the #1 overall it could be tempting to trade Fields and draft the #1 QB overall. Fun to hypothesize.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First game I saw Fields just flat out give up. Seeing the second series and Kmet in the end zone running straight to him and run out of bounds at the 3 instead just changed the whole game.

I can hear it now, Getsy fired, new system, blah blah blah.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By my count 48 SB winners have ranked in the top ten in scoring defense for that season they won.

16 of them have been the #1 scoring defense. 18 others have been top 5.

88 teams that have made the SB have been top 10 in defense.

But....it's just a luxury.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By my count 48 SB winners have ranked in the top ten in scoring defense for that season they won.

16 of them have been the #1 scoring defense. 18 others have been top 5.

88 teams that have made the SB have been top 10 in defense.

But....it's just a luxury.
I know a lot of Bears fan and even writers think the offense should be job one this offseason, but knowledgeable fans know that the quickest route to becoming a playoff team is prioritizing the D. Doesn't mean the offense should be given only second thoughts, but the defense has to be the primary focus.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of Bears fan and even writers think the offense should be job one this offseason, but knowledgeable fans know that the quickest route to becoming a playoff team is prioritizing the D. Doesn't mean the offense should be given only second thoughts, but the defense has to be the primary focus.

Yeah and just to be clear…both sides can be addressed at the same time.

But absolutely the quickest path to being a playoff team is beefing up the D. Especially the front 7 because the secondary isn’t bad.

If you aren’t addressing the pass rush with your first pick….I honestly have no idea what you’re doing.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and just to be clear…both sides can be addressed at the same time.

But absolutely the quickest path to being a playoff team is beefing up the D. Especially the front 7 because the secondary isn’t bad.

If you aren’t addressing the pass rush with your first pick….I honestly have no idea what you’re doing.
The only ways I see the Bears not taking a defensive player are twofold:
1. They really beefed on that side of the ball up during free agency.
2. Poles trades back on draft day to the point that when it's their turn to select, the BPA on their board is say an OLman.

I think both of these factors, not just one of them, have to be in play for him to not consider going D with his first pick.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade down. Get more picks for both this and next year. Is it possible to get either Anderson or Carter and trade down as well? I would guess Seattle or Indianapolis in that scenario.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only ways I see the Bears not taking a defensive player are twofold:
1. They really beefed on that side of the ball up during free agency.
2. Poles trades back on draft day to the point that when it's their turn to select, the BPA on their board is say an OLman.

I think both of these factors, not just one of them, have to be in play for him to not consider going D with his first pick.

I guess another factor for Poles could be him striking out in FA on any major offensive upgrades. Jenkins from the Packers already went off the board.....if McGlinchey and others either are retained or sign elsewhere....Poles could be in a spot where he decides to address the offense first.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade down. Get more picks for both this and next year. Is it possible to get either Anderson or Carter and trade down as well? I would guess Seattle or Indianapolis in that scenario.

I have to think Indy will draft a QB

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coaching staff would know best if Fields is the guy. If they think he’s just a runner and doesn’t have much upside in the passing game then of course they would push for the mystery box and they should.

But again I doubt this to be the case.