• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions secondary 4th best

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you are. You're a Gandy clone. Can't wait to change your avatar forever.
Oh shit Blue- you've been labeled.

It is now forever true because here at the Swarm-Says-So Corporation, Swarm says so.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes it takes longer for others to figure shit out.

I knew I liked Blue, now I know the reason. Need to find that clone company though, he is a little fucker and I'm as Thruthefog said " big ole fucker"

How long did it take you to figure out the Lions would not be 5-11 last year. You had the same doom and gloom going in because they did not hire your boy Wiz.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns secondary > Lions secondary.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
troll-web.jpg

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Possible for sure, Haden is better than any CB we have.
Quinn is better then Gipson, Whitner is better then Ihedigbo. So safety is probably a wash overall.

If Tramon Williams recovers his old form or Gilbert hits his potential than the Browns are better for sure. As of now I would say Mathis is outplaying either of them.

I would feel better about having Gilbert as my back up outside corner than I do about Carter.

My ranking that means nothing to any one else

1. Haden
2. Quinn
3. Slay
4. Whitner
5. Gipson
6. Mathis
7.Williams
8. Ihedigbo
9. Gilbert
10. K'waun Williams
11. Quandre Diggs

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proves you Rainbros don't even read the articles. Just see the headline that the Lions have the 4th best secondary, and start hammering on the like button.

3.) Cleveland Browns

When you look at the Browns, it all starts with Joe Haden. He might not be the most consistent corner in the league, but he has proven to be capable of shutting down top receivers. He has elite potential, elevating the play of the entire defense at times.Tramon Williams will be expected to be the number two corner, and while he is no longer the top-tier player he was back in 2010, he still makes for a solid starter. Beyond Haden and Williams areJustin Gilbert and K’Waun Williams. Gilbert, the team’s 2014 first-round pick, struggled on the field as a rookie, but Williams excelled once given the chance. Williams will likely be the third corner on the depth chart, but Gilbert offers the potential to be great in the future. 2014 fourth-round pick Pierre Desir and 2015 sixth-round pick Charles Gaines offer young depth at the position. 2015 seventh-round pick Ifo Ekpre-Olomu is worth mentioning due to his immense potential, but he is likely to miss his rookie season due to a knee injury.

Tashaun Gipson has been a pleasant surprise for the Browns, as the former undrafted free agent has totaled 11 picks over the last two years. He has proven to be a ballhawk with reliable coverage skills. Next to Gipson is safety Donte Whitner, who replaced T.J. Ward and arguably outplayed him in 2015. Gipson and Whitner form a quality safety tandem, fortifying the back end of the Browns’ defense. Fourth-round pick Ibraheim Campbell is a versatile safety that has the potential to play both free and strong safety. He gives the Browns depth and a potential future starter.

Plenty of young players have stepped up for the Browns and everything is looking up for the entire group. If Joe Haden can reclaim that elite status, they could rank among the top two in 2015.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. The Vikings

Vikings > Lions

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible for sure, Haden is better than any CB we have.
Quinn is better then Gipson, Whitner is better then Ihedigbo. So safety is probably a wash overall.

If Tramon Williams recovers his old form or Gilbert hits his potential than the Browns are better for sure. As of now I would say Mathis is outplaying either of them.

I would feel better about having Gilbert as my back up outside corner than I do about Carter.

My ranking that means nothing to any one else

1. Haden
2. Quinn
3. Slay
4. Whitner
5. Gipson
6. Mathis
7.Williams
8. Ihedigbo
9. Gilbert
10. K'waun Williams
11. Quandre Diggs
Pretty fair assessment, imo. I think Whitner and 'Digs were roughly a push last season, but Whitner does have the better body of work to fall back on for sure. I think Gipson was the better of their two safeties, though, but he's not at Quins level over-all (he's getting there, though-promising young safety. Quin and Slay and Mathis are all better than any of Cleveland's DBs not named Hayden, imo.

Tramon Williams is a has-been, from what I've seen out of him these last two seasons, anyhow. The wildcard is Gilbert- if he rebounds in his 2nd season then the Browns could-well overtake our secondary, but for now I think we're in a bit better shape top-to-bottom than they are...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proves you Rainbros don't even read the articles. Just see the headline that the Lions have the 4th best secondary, and start hammering on the like button.

3.) Cleveland Browns

When you look at the Browns, it all starts with Joe Haden. He might not be the most consistent corner in the league, but he has proven to be capable of shutting down top receivers. He has elite potential, elevating the play of the entire defense at times.Tramon Williams will be expected to be the number two corner, and while he is no longer the top-tier player he was back in 2010, he still makes for a solid starter. Beyond Haden and Williams areJustin Gilbert and K’Waun Williams. Gilbert, the team’s 2014 first-round pick, struggled on the field as a rookie, but Williams excelled once given the chance. Williams will likely be the third corner on the depth chart, but Gilbert offers the potential to be great in the future. 2014 fourth-round pick Pierre Desir and 2015 sixth-round pick Charles Gaines offer young depth at the position. 2015 seventh-round pick Ifo Ekpre-Olomu is worth mentioning due to his immense potential, but he is likely to miss his rookie season due to a knee injury.

Tashaun Gipson has been a pleasant surprise for the Browns, as the former undrafted free agent has totaled 11 picks over the last two years. He has proven to be a ballhawk with reliable coverage skills. Next to Gipson is safety Donte Whitner, who replaced T.J. Ward and arguably outplayed him in 2015. Gipson and Whitner form a quality safety tandem, fortifying the back end of the Browns’ defense. Fourth-round pick Ibraheim Campbell is a versatile safety that has the potential to play both free and strong safety. He gives the Browns depth and a potential future starter.

Plenty of young players have stepped up for the Browns and everything is looking up for the entire group. If Joe Haden can reclaim that elite status, they could rank among the top two in 2015.
My response had nothing to do with the article- I was just warning the others as you were obviously trolling, again. Same shit, different day...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My response had nothing to do with the article- I was just warning the others as you were obviously trolling, again. Same shit, different day...

Stating facts is trolling? Must be using UP logic.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty fair assessment, imo. I think Whitner and 'Digs were roughly a push last season, but Whitner does have the better body of work to fall back on for sure. I think Gipson was the better of their two safeties, though, but he's not at Quins level over-all (he's getting there, though-promising young safety. Quin and Slay and Mathis are all better than any of Cleveland's DBs not named Hayden, imo.

Tramon Williams is a has-been, from what I've seen out of him these last two seasons, anyhow. The wildcard is Gilbert- if he rebounds in his 2nd season then the Browns could-well overtake our secondary, but for now I think we're in a bit better shape top-to-bottom than they are...

Browns seem to have better up and coming rookies though. That injured guy from Oregon in the 7th could be the real deal. I remember how bad Slay looked his first year too, if Gilbert makes a similar jump like Slays I do not think it is really a debate, the Browns win hands down.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hook, line and sinker.

Just repeating what this same article you've been gushing over says.
Show us where we were "gushing" over the article, or anything in it. C'mon- which post was it? This thread is only two pages long, should be easy right?

What's that? You were making up bullshit yet again because you were pissed that someone made fun of your bromance with Suh right away on the first page of the thread? There's a shocker.

If it wasn't for your made-up nonsense trolling you'd have a hellva time filling up those 22 hours a day when you're not sleeping, eating, or taking a shit...

But hey- you've somehow convinced yourself that you're "winning," at least in your own mind, so you've got that going for you...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show us where we were "gushing" over the article, or anything in it. C'mon- which post was it? This thread is only two pages long, should be easy right?

What's that? You were making up bullshit yet again because you were pissed that someone made fun of your bromance with Suh right away on the first page of the thread? There's a shocker.

If it wasn't for your made-up nonsense trolling you'd have a hellva time filling up those 22 hours a day when you're not sleeping, eating, or taking a shit...

But hey- you've somehow convinced yourself that you're "winning," at least in your own mind, so you've got that going for you...

Same article you've been gushing over says Vikes > Lions.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am determined to make this a discussion about Browns vs Lions secondary......I thought it was an interesting discussion point.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns seem to have better up and coming rookies though. That injured guy from Oregon in the 7th could be the real deal. I remember how bad Slay looked his first year too, if Gilbert makes a similar jump like Slays I do not think it is really a debate, the Browns win hands down.

I believe the beloved PFT had Hayden and Slay ranked neck and neck at the end of last year. For what it's worth, if anything.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stating facts is trolling? Must be using UP logic.
Oh man, you're so smart Swarm. None of us see right through your juvenile games at all... we're all just eating out of your hand...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was sarcasm above, fyi. You're the only one who really believes that crap- the rest of us are adults and remember the kind of crap you like pull from when we were in junior high, so we're able to stay a couple steps ahead of you pretty easily...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man, you're so smart Swarm. None of us see right through your juvenile games at all... we're all just eating out of your hand...

Why are you getting so upset? Same article you're talking up says Browns and Vikes are better. What's the problem? Save your paranoid schizophrenia talk for some other time, bro.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was sarcasm above, fyi. You're the only one who really believes that crap- the rest of us are adults and remember the kind of crap you like pull from when we were in junior high, so we're able to stay a couple steps ahead of you pretty easily...

Um, I don't think your eating out of my hand. It's a football board, not your high school, so take your psycho meds and try to keep the flashbacks to a minimum.

Browns > Lions
Vikes > Lions

Discuss.