• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions Re-Sign Rashean Mathis

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whew.

We really couldn't afford to lose him, given the utter lack of talent left on the free agent CB market...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the re-signing. I just he doesn't have the drop off that a few past signings of their did. As in Sims and Dom.
Be nice to see him manning the slot and seeing new #1 or2 how ever you rate Slay at the time.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping we get 1 more good year out of him anyway. We need to draft a couple CBs this year.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure won't be in the 4th or 5th this year. Unless Mayhew trades up in the second and gives away our 3rd and 6th for a draft spot and 4th.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a good signing at a decent price. He was certainly going to get a nice raise.

It's another step in the right direction of the draft but its not going to change those D- and F offseason grades. We have managed to get back many of the key role players that were FA's for us, but what we lost in key players was much more.

There is still plenty of work that needs to be done on this team that must be addressed in free agency. That's the only way to really open up the draft options we might have. The DT and CB talent remaining is little of nothing at this point so they need to address the o-line where there is still some viable starters.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the beginning of FA I would have said their were 4-5 guys I would rather have.

Today he is a good value.

Hopefully he keeps the level of performance up.

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whew.

We really couldn't afford to lose him, given the utter lack of talent left on the free agent CB market...

Not just filling a void Tpaul but his mentoring of any young CB brought in will be as valuable as his play on the field.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still pisses me off that Millen took Charles Rogers and Boss Bailey over Mathis.

All could be forgotten if he only has to serve as the nickle by mid season. That'd be awesome.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About damn time they lock up Mathis. Good deal for us, too. Still need another young gun to be his eventual replacement. Whether he's on the roster or not already is up for debate.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is?? Who are the candidates for that?
Mohammed Seisay (not sure I spelled that correctly).

He entered camp last year as a total after-thought, yet showed enough that they kept him on the active roster all year. He's too raw to be thrown in that starting discussion just yet, but this time next year may be a different story.

Don't get me wrong- I'm not predicting him to become a starter or anything, more so just saying he's a guy to keep an eye on development-wise...

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mohammed Seisay (not sure I spelled that correctly).

He entered camp last year as a total after-thought, yet showed enough that they kept him on the active roster all year. He's too raw to be thrown in that starting discussion just yet, but this time next year may be a different story.

Don't get me wrong- I'm not predicting him to become a starter or anything, more so just saying he's a guy to keep an eye on development-wise...

Clearly you must of not been paying attention to the elite CB's such as Jonte Green and Bill Bentley.

As someone who was a huge fan of Chris Greenwood I refuse to put any faith in a developmental CB. Have the Lions EVER had one of those?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone who was a huge fan of Chris Greenwood I refuse to put any faith in a developmental CB. Have the Lions EVER had one of those?

I'm sure they have. Wait. Does it count if they developed for another team?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your faith is up to you. I was simply answering the question...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about that Nevin Lawson? He ranked high on PFF for the 10 plays he had in that one start.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is?? Who are the candidates for that?

I actually would nominate Bentley as the most likely to breakout. IMO he has great coverage ability. When I noticed he got beat, it was from very correctable things like not getting his head turned around, or confusion in communication with whether he had safety help or not. I really would like to see him healthy this year to see what Austin can do with him before I write him off.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually would nominate Bentley as the most likely to breakout. IMO he has great coverage ability. When I noticed he got beat, it was from very correctable things like not getting his head turned around, or confusion in communication with whether he had safety help or not. I really would like to see him healthy this year to see what Austin can do with him before I write him off.

I respect your opinion. We simply have different ones.

But I am hater, so my opinion is always wrong. My glass on Bentley isn't half full. I smashed it after his last PI penalty. Unless you mean the champagne flute I filled up when he went on IR and couldn't do any more damage to the team. I'm keeping that full unless he makes the roster again. In which case I will smash that one also.

I apologize in advance if my differing opinion on that player has made you the innocent victim of a double standard attack due to my being a hater.

#quitcryingTPyoulittlebitch

Fog 1
Dr. Evil 1
All others 0