• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions OFFICIAL 2015 NFL draft thread.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haverstein is a road grader as A RT. Not sure he has the athleticism to move inside? 6'7" is a big mofo to have at guard. I have read mixed statements on his footwork, so that makes me question his move inside. No problem if he can make the move. I would hate to have 7 RTs going into camp on the roster.
Matty throws sidearm anyways, so his height inside is not a issue.

Nice mock also...
Haven't done a mock yet, I am just throwing shit out there. I am looking for a majority on what is thought to be a good plan. My mock will then be the complete opposite which gives me a much better shot at being in alignment with what Allen Park will actually do.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane Ray just got busted w weed. Nice timing.

If he falls to us i really hope we take him he's the 2nd best pass rusher in a strong class well worth the risk

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's a read on some of the injuries players have had while in college and the risk of those occurring again or possibly leading to other injuries. It's worth the time to scan through.

Injury Analysis for 2015 Draft - Prospect Injuries - Rotoworld.com

Running Backs

(In order of risk)

1. T.J. Yeldon

2. Mike Davis

3. Duke Johnson

4. Todd Gurley

5. Melvin Gordon

6. David Cobb

7. Jay Ajayi

8. Ameer Abdullah

T.J. Yeldon, Alabama

Injury History

Yeldon suffered from ankle and hamstring injuries last year that hobbled him for most of the season. While he didn’t miss any games as a result of either of these injuries it’s worth noting because both of these injuries carry a high chance of recurrence the following season

Analysis

All players get hurt at some point in the season and need to have the ability to play hurt in order to make it in the NFL. The fact that he did not miss any games is testament to his toughness but statistically these injuries have a high chance of recurring.

Mike Davis, South Carolina

Injury History

Davis had a rib injury and hamstring injury last season. In 2013 he suffered an ankle injury that kept him out of a game.

Analysis

The hamstring injury is the one to watch. It took place in the offseason and led to Davis missing a substantial portion of summer training.

Duke Johnson, Miami

Injury History

Duke Johnson had a tough time in 2013 missing time with a concussion and then ultimately fracturing his ankle which ended his season and required surgery. He then went on to re-injure the same ankle in the last game of 2014 in which he had to be carted off the field.

Analysis

The injury concerns around Johnson are legitimate. The ankle injury is more than likely going to crop up this season

(continued below)

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injury Analysis for 2015 Draft - Prospect Injuries - Rotoworld.com

Todd Gurley, Georgia

Injury History

Gurley tore his ACL at the end of last year. He also sprained his ankle in 2013 and missed 3 games as a result

Analysis

The ACL is not the problem here. The chances of re-injury to that ACL is only 2% in professional athletes the fact that the injury occurred in November means that his rehab will only be complete round about August time. As a result he will miss all of the offseason work that will help condition him for the season. This exposes him to other conditioning related injuries such as hamstring pulls etc…

His injury risk will be heightened if he is drafted as the lead back for a team like Dallas. The higher the workload the more opportunity he has to get injured.

Melvin Gordon, Wisconsin

Injury History

Gordon suffered a severe tear in his groin in 2011.

Analysis

No further recurrence throughout the rest of his college career means that this injury is most likely behind me. From an injury perspective he is one of the “safer” immediate impact players in the draft this year

Jay Ajayi, Boise State

Injury History

Ajayi tore his ACL in 2011

Analysis

There is a lot of swirl around the state of the meniscus of Ajayi’s knee that was injured in 2011. The concern is that the cartilage has been damaged and his knee would require microfracture surgery to correct. The surgery is a roll of the dice and players struggle to come back from it (Reggie Bush and Marques Colston both made it back to form following the procedure).

From the reports that we have studied there is nothing to suggest his knee at risk. Tears in the meniscus can be played through without surgery immediately being required to clean it up. MJD, Arian Foster and Chris Johnson played out a full season with torn cartilage and were no worse for wear. For Ajayi’s knee to be so severely damaged one would expect there to be:

1. At least one report throughout his college career mentioning a knee issue of some kind

2. A reference to some form of off season arthroscopic surgery (siting’s of Ajayi on crutches that sort of thing)

3. Missed games due to injury

On the surface this appears to be the 2015 version of the 2013 Lacy “fused-toe” rumor. Lacy has injury concerns but none that would suggest his career was at risk as a result of a procedure on his toe. From our view – Ajayi is one of the safer picks in the draft and if his stock continues to fall someone is going to get huge value at his reduced price

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayock ranks David Johnson over Jay Ajayi
133392.jpg

NFL Network's Mike Mayock ranks UNI RB David Johnson over Boise State RB Jay Ajayi.

With the latest news on how some teams view Ajayi's knee, we thought the ranking was noteworthy. Granted, Johnson is listed at 66 overall and Ajayi is at 67 overall, placing them as running backs seven and eight respectively. We view Johnson as a receiving threat before a running threat.
Source: NFL.com
Apr 28 - 11:40 AM

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Renner's face is pretty over rated.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8. Rob Havenstein, OT, Wisconsin

Havenstein isn't getting nearly as much hype as other tackle prospects in this draft, but he is the type of player who could be found as late as Day 3 and end up developing into one of the best offensive linemen in the draft. He needs to work on his pass protection, tying for just 60th in this draft class with a pass-blocking efficiency rating of 96.3 percent last season, but he already looks very good as a run-blocker. He impresses at the second level, and when he got there against linebackers in 2014, it was game over, swallowing them up and finishing his blocks well. He shows quick feet, which helps when he is asked to pull, and he did a good job setting up cutback blocks on zone runs

I'll be happy with this Jewish monster in the 5th or 6th round.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he falls to us i really hope we take him he's the 2nd best pass rusher in a strong class well worth the risk

Where the hell is Shane Ray going to play? DE?

That little twig would make Cliff Avril look elite against the run.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes just like he did in college he even played a little 3 tech at DT in there nickel hes the same size as Avril 6'3" 250 lbs.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a poll of 20 NFL personnel men, Alabama's Landon Collins was the top vote getter as this year's top safety prospect.

Collins received 18 first-place votes. Arizona State's Damarious Randall received the other two. This year's safety class isn't particularly strong, but some are high on Randall, especially. Collins (6-foot, 228) is more of a box safety who likes to play downhill and attack against the run. He's a back-end first-rounder.

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Wouldn't be pissed at all replacing Ighedibo with this beast and playing him next to Quin

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a poll of 20 NFL personnel men, Alabama's Landon Collins was the top vote getter as this year's top safety prospect.

Collins received 18 first-place votes. Arizona State's Damarious Randall received the other two. This year's safety class isn't particularly strong, but some are high on Randall, especially. Collins (6-foot, 228) is more of a box safety who likes to play downhill and attack against the run. He's a back-end first-rounder.

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Wouldn't be pissed at all replacing Ighedibo with this beast and playing him next to Quin
I'd be pretty pissed if we took him at #23. Alabama players, imo, are becoming the new USC from the last decade- a great college program artificially inflates their value on draft day...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not a proponent of drafting him, but to play a little devil's advocate on this one I think he'd basically play the same role as what they have in mind for Van Noy, a combination OLB/DE, depending on down/sub packages/etc...

But I'd stay away based on lack of need for him as well as his horrible decision-making skills (i.e. he's obviously pretty fucking stupid).

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he can be a huge liability in coverage... Delmas v2.0..... and I'm a huge Bama fan.... but I can at least forego any biases when it comes to prospects... I'd look at Samford Univ. SS Jaquiski Tartt in the 3rd round.. better value, IMO

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he can be a huge liability in coverage... Delmas v2.0..... and I'm a huge Bama fan.... but I can at least forego any biases when it comes to prospects... I'd look at Samford Univ. SS Jaquiski Tartt in the 3rd round.. better value, IMO

That is mainly all Ihedibo or however the hell you spell his name is. An in the box safety. Yes, he had interceptions but Quin was mainly the centerfielder.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure I saw Digs dropping into coverage against Witten and a plethora of other opponents, so providing adequate coverage skills is a requirement even from a Strong Safety, especially in today's NFL.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, multiple teams believe LSU OL La'El Collins won't be drafted.

Collins, a first-round talent, is being questioned following the shooting death of a pregnant woman named Brittney Mills in Baton Rouge. He's not believed to be a suspect, but police want to talk to him to see if he can provide any information. Authorities believe Collins is the former girlfriend of Mills.

Source: ESPN Radio

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN NFL Insider Jon Gruden says Michigan State RB Jeremy Langford "is a guy I really like" and adds "I don't understand why we don't hear his name more."

"He ran a 4.4. He gained 100 or more yards in every Big Ten film I watched. He breaks tackles, he picks up blitzes and he looks like an NFL back for sure," Gruden said. "He is tough, he can catch, he has home run speed and I love the way they train guys at Michigan State." The 6-foot, 206-pounder collected 1,522 rushing yards and 22 touchdowns on 230 carries last season. Langford "can fit in any scheme, but he might be best in a traditional power running game," according to ESPN's Todd McShay.

Source: ESPN Insider

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins had dropped on a couple of the Big Boards that I looked at last night.

What I don't get, if he's involved and I'm not saying he is, why wouldn't this have happened say around the time he was at the Combine. A better alibi being out of town for a week than on visits and so close to the draft. None of this scenario makes any sense.

RIP Brittney Mills and hope the child survives.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this is a very boring draft for the Lions. I hope we see 2 or 3 offensive linemen selected, and a corner and a RB(just not 1st round) sprinkled in. And I hope Mayhew stays far away from "red flag" players.

That's what I would consider a successful draft.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is mainly all Ihedibo or however the hell you spell his name is. An in the box safety. Yes, he had interceptions but Quin was mainly the centerfielder.
I wouldn't draft Ihedigbo in the 1st round, though. If we're talking about an in-the-box safety with limited coverage skills later in the 2nd round, then I'm on board with that, but if I'm drafting a safety in the 1st round he'd better be a damn good coverage back, for my money, at least...