• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions Board 2014 Draft Rds. 1 thru 4

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever seen Latimer play?

Very good hands, and a good but not great route runner. Creates separation but the QB play was erratic the last two years. The kid was a very very good blocker when they Indy ran the ball. I've seen 4-5 games of his on TV. Let's put Latimer's play this way. He's a very very physical player who could use a little coaching and obviously on pro-level route running which every WR does coming out of college. He's a 4.40 guy and some scouts had him hand timed at 4.31 if I'm not mistaken.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw him once or twice and he was making plays out there for Indiana.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WalterFootball.com - Prospect Cody Latimer

I cannot find his pro day workout info on Walter. I'll keep looking. I watched versus Mich twice and Illinois twice at the very least. Not saying much against Illinois defense

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cody Latimer prospect meetings with teams.. the (PRI) stands for private visit and (PRO) pro day workout

Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana:
Bills (PRI)
Chargers (PRI)
Eagles (PRI)
Lions (PRI)
Panthers (PRI)
Raiders (PRI)
Ravens (PRO)
Seahawks (PRI)

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014 NFL Draft Prospect Visits: Sorted by Team

SR - Senior Bowl meeting.
EW - East-West Shrine meeting.
COM - Combine meeting.
INT - Interested.
VINT - Very Interested.
PRO - Pro Day or campus meeting/workout.
LOC - Local visit.
PRI - Private visit.
% - indicates more than one meeting.
# - indicates meeting set up outside of the 2014 Senior Bowl or the 2014 East-West Shrine Game

Detroit Lions:
Odell Beckham, WR, LSU (COM)
Russell Bodine, OL, North Carolina (COM)
Terrence Brooks, DB, Florida State (COM)
Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson (PRI)
Deone Bucannon, DB, Washington State (PRI)
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix%, DB, Alabama (PRI) (COM)
Aaron Colvin, DB, Oklahoma (SR)
Mike Davis, WR, Texas (SR)
Ahmad Dixon, DB, Baylor (COM)
Aaron Donald, DL, Pittsburgh (COM)
Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina (PRI)
Mike Evans%, WR, Texas A&M (PRI) (COM)
C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa (PRI)
Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State (PRI)
Cody Hoffman%, WR, BYU (COM) (SR)
Gabe Ikard, OL, Oklahoma (COM)
Jeff Janis, WR, Saginaw Valley State (COM)
Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana (PRI)
Marqise Lee, WR, USC (COM)
Taylor Lewan, OL, Michigan (LOC)
Keon Lyn, DB, Syracuse (PRI)
Kareem Martin, DL, North Carolina (COM)
Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt (COM)
Keith McGill%, WR, Utah (COM) (SR)
Zach Mettenberger, QB, LSU (PRO)
Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss (COM)
Troy Niklas, TE, Notre Dame (COM)
Calvin Pryor, DB, Louisville (COM)
Paul Richardson, WR, Colorado (COM)
Weston Richburg%, OL, Colorado State (COM) (SR)
Marcus Roberson, DB, Florida (COM)
Bradley Roby, DB, Ohio State (COM)
Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio State (COM)
Bryan Stork, OL, Florida State (COM)
Xavier Su'a-Filo, OL, UCLA (COM)
Sammy Watkins%, WR, Clemson (VINT) (PRI) (PRO) (COM)
Larry Webster, LB, Bloomsburg (PRI)

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014 Pro Day Results: Wednesday, March 26, 3:25 p.m.
By Tony Pauline, http://draftinsider.net/

Cody Latimer only ran the forty and completed the vertical jump due to his foot injury. As previously posted, he is expected to run routes and catch the ball in the middle of April. The feeling at pro-day is a healthy Latimer could jump into the third round if his foot checks out. Then again, there are a bunch of receivers with third-round grades due to the enormous depth at the position. I'm told both the New York Jets, New York Giants as well as the Indianapolis Colts and San Francisco 49ers spent time with Latimer today.

Cody Latimer was expected to run fast and thus far had lived up to expectations. I'm told his times have ranged in the mid 4.4-area (4.43s). At the start of the day, Latimer posted a 39-inch vertical jump

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great info Big Blue.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ about the only thing I'm good at, Research. I'm a TBI, old and have CRS (can't remember sheit)

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the more reason to wait till the 4th then. The Pats are one of the worst drafting "good" teams out there. They blow their early picks year in and year out...

All I was saying there is Pats take one of them. Which means to me if you have a chance to take second best or actually best C since Pats fuck up according to you. Take em.

Just a scenario here Tpaul.
I might not like Dennard, but it sure doesn't mean leave him there after Gilbert is gone and wait till 2nd round when Roby Verrett are also gone.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tpaulus..... Could I get a 2nd and 3rd pick from you to finish out your picks ? You chose Donald or Barr as 1st rd and Richburg as 4th rd. please

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Blue,

I thought that was the second time the Lions showed interest in Richardson?

Gandy,

From what I gather, Tampa has needs and interest in almost all of the coveted positions in the top ten. Yesterday, they were saying the team is looking at QB.

Almost say that with all teams in top ten. That is why they are there. Hell WR, CB, S, OLB/DE can be inserted tomorrow as Lions starter. I am just assuming they take Evans just as you assume Lions move up for Watkins or Evans...just our gut feelings.

I sure as hell would make people think I want QB also, maybe Vikes bite and move up. Lionstop you have a helluva a lot knowledge on how this shit works predraft. Just doesn't all work out for the person we want most.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current consensus has the following thru post #70

1st rd. #10 CB Gilbert and DE Barr (tied at 5 each)
2nd rd. #45 OLB VanNoy (4-2 over Attaochu)
3rd rd. #76 OC M. Martin (3-1 over a 7 others)
3rd rd. #78 DE K. Martin (1-0, dip-shit newbie traded Fairley to Dallas)
4th 4d. #111 SS/OLB T. Smith (2-1)
4th rd. #133 WR Latimer
4th rd. #136 OT/OG R. Bodine

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TB is said to have had Teddy Bridgewater in for a private workout so there's a QB smokescreen for TB and also met with Bortles, Manziel and Garoppolo at Combine

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tpaulus..... Could I get a 2nd and 3rd pick from you to finish out your picks ? You chose Donald or Barr as 1st rd and Richburg as 4th rd. please

Yeah, at some point here I'll put in the effort and actually come up with 4 real picks. Donald would be my first rounder, and Van Noy in the 2nd, but I'm not sure on the 3rd and 4th rounders just yet..

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, the Lions brought in Watkins again today for another visit. I'd say something is brewing and its not wishful thinking on my behalf. Why would they spend so much time on this guy if they didn't believe they could get him?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, the Lions brought in Watkins again today for another visit. I'd say something is brewing and its not wishful thinking on my behalf. Why would they spend so much time on this guy if they didn't believe they could get him?

I was just about to post that. Anywho here is the link from the Freep; Sammy Watkins visits Detroit Lions, says it'd be 'blessing' to play with Calvin Johnson, Golden Tate | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Mayhew had better get on the horn and find a trade partner immediately for one of our DT's bc I sure as hell don't want to lose this years 2nd rd pick for Watkins. Nothing personal against Watkins as I truly think he'd be an asset this year but if they move up in the draft to select anyone player, IMO, it had better be for Mack. On the other hand should Mayhew give up this years 1st round and next years 1st round, I guess I could live with that, so long as he drafts VanNoy in the 2nd rd.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, the Lions brought in Watkins again today for another visit. I'd say something is brewing and its not wishful thinking on my behalf. Why would they spend so much time on this guy if they didn't believe they could get him?[/quote]

Especially when he could very well be gone at #2 should the Rams stay there. I could see Watkins going at #2 or #4 w/clev or #5/oak (they have schaub now) or #7 TB or even #9 Buffalo. I'd be shocked to see Watkins available past Oak at #5.

If Mayhew does go after Watkins the only other Off pick better be Centers Martin or Richburg for the rest of the draft.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just remember that Mayhew stated he didn't see 10 Elite prospects in this draft, only 5 (I guess I para-phrased his statement.

“But sometimes the guys are elite players who are difference makers, if you’re picking 10 and there’s five elite players and you can get one of those guys, we think there’s value in (doing that).”

NFL draft order released: Detroit Lions' Martin Mayhew says there are not 10 elite prospects | Detroit Free Press | freep.com Mayhew says there's not 10 elite players

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People over there on Mlive are trying to come up with different ideas to why the Lions are doing this. The obvious answer is that they are really interested if you ask me. Meeting CJ and Tate is huge. People keep implying smoke screen but I really doubt they would do all this for that.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People over there on Mlive are trying to come up with different ideas to why the Lions are doing this. The obvious answer is that they are really interested if you ask me. Meeting CJ and Tate is huge. People keep implying smoke screen but I really doubt they would do all this for that.

The smoke screen would come from whoever the Lions need trade up with. Actaully now with them making it " so apparent" and possibly showing their hand, could cost more than it should.