• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions Board 2014 Draft Rds. 1 thru 4

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont mind Carey as the third safety

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compared to John Wendling, Carey is a god.

The special team ace that had 10 tackles last season? Your're being a bit harsh on that irreplaceable player. At least that is what I have read in past years.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots to think about here...

I hope we go defense at #10- Aaron Donald or Anthony Barr, no CBs are worth that pick, imo.

Then safety, OLB, or DE at #45 (though a WR wouldn't be a horrible option here).

WR at #76, third round is where the value is at for WRs in this draft, imo.

A center at #111 would be a good move, imo. I'm partial to the Richburg kid from Colorado St, myself.

#133 and #136- should be some good DE projects still on the board, also could go with another DB- safety or CB, depending on what we didn't take in earlier rounds...

This would be a great draft.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be dumbfounded if Detroit gave up more than a 3rd round pick to move up in the 1st. Only way I could see them giving up more than a 3rd is if it is for Mack or Clowney, as both of those players would vastly improve the defense.

I will be convinced Matt Millen still works for the Lions if they trade up to draft Watkins.:laugh3:

This would solidify it for me as well. With all of the dumbass trades up for crappy skill players already tho, Im pretty sure he was very involved with the picks during the millen era.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's wrong with Don Carey? I mean he is what he is- a reserve player- but he's at least a good back-up who is still growing. He made a few nice plays last year in limited action, some nice tackles in the open field and a couple behind the line of scrimmage. I don't mind him being the 3rd safety one bit. Now, if he was named the starter this offseason, then I could see your beef, but he's just a fill-in. Not a bad guy to have on the roster... gives us some depth in the secondary and doesn't cost much...

Idk, feel free to dislike him, I'm just curious why? He does his particular job pretty well. He's a role player who doesn't suck, so that's something, lol...

The bold. I don't want reserve guys playing more than starters. I want talented guys pressing starters for playing time. Don Carey played by default.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014 NFL Draft: Best Fits for This Year's Top Defensive Playmakers

2014 NFL Draft: Best Fits for This Year's Top Defensive Playmakers | Bleacher Report .......Deone Bucannon

I have a funny feeling this kid might end up being the best safety of the draft.
In the video above, Matt Miller compares him to James Ihedigbo, who recently signed with the Lions this offseason. Perhaps an ideal scenario would be for him to sit a year or two behind Ihedigbo and learn from the guy who has a similar skill set.
Besides, there would be ton of situations where these two could roam the secondary simultaneously.

BB_72... Bucannon is my favorite "SS" in this draft class, he's worthy of a 2nd rd, not that I'd do it... Dix is my favorite "FS"..

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2014 NFL Draft: Best Fits for This Year's Top Defensive Playmakers | Bleacher Report.... Kyle VanNoy.. here's an excerpt from the article

I’ve said it numerous times throughout the predraft process: Kyle Van Noy is very similar to Tyrann Mathieu in his playmaking ability. Both players are obsessed with taking a normal play and turning it into a game-changing moment, and they have the incredible instincts and enough physical gifts to pull it off.

Although this underrated BYU product is being projected as late as the third round, I believe he can end up a better pro than Anthony Barr, who is going to be drafted much higher than Van Noy when the time comes.

If the Saints pass up on him with the 27th pick, he might fit well with Rob’s brother Rex.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2014 NFL Draft: Best Fits for This Year's Top Defensive Playmakers | Bleacher Report... Aaron Donald..

In 51 games, Aaron Donald racked up 66.5 tackles for a loss as an interior lineman. Only Khalil Mack had more tackles for loss than Donald in this draft class over the course of a career.

Today’s NFL has proved that undersized interior linemen can be successful.
The Buccaneers would be a great fit here. The Tampa 2 scheme requires penetration from all four linemen, considering that they rarely blitz. The mindset of that defensive line is to play the run on the way to the quarterback.
Pairing Donald up with Gerald McCoy could make this front line one of the best in the country.
The Chicago Bears are another team that would greatly appreciate the playmaking of Donald.

BB_72... sure as hell hope not...want him in a lions uni and say farewell to fairley

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lionsb_logo.gif
Detroit Lions: Larry Webster, DE, Bloomsburg
Bloomsburg_logo.gif

The Lions grab another edge rusher and have been showing lots of interest in Webster.

Webster was a prolific pass-rusher for Bloomsburg. He had 13.5 and 12.5 sacks the past two seasons with three forced fumbles and an interception. Webster totaled 88 tackles in that time. The 6-foot-6, 252-pounder has good length and showed some serious speed with a 40-yard dash of 4.58 seconds at the NFL Scouting Combine. That 40 time was only .05 seconds slower than Jadeveon Clowney. Webster has the frame to add weight and be a base end in a 4-3 defense. He could be a small-school steal.

from Walter Football.. BB_72 I like the "potential this kid might have" and he'd be worthy of that 4th rd comp pick, IMO