• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2020 Draft Watch

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing we will be going to more even man fronts.

(Of course 2 is an even number)

All I want is for MP to start attacking and become an upfield penetrating defensive line (front 7 actually) because this shitty scheme of 3-2-6 50% of the time sucks

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 5th year would make him the second highest paid TE in the league I believe.

He'd need to become a different player completely. Jameis chucks the shit outta the ball and didn't target him much.

My money is on them cutting him if he isn't on the team. Maybe they pennies for a first, but I don't think there's a market tbh.

Tampa only had Howard run a route on 38% of the snaps that he was on the field, so he was used more as a blocker with them. That is also why I think if Tampa is dumping a TE it will be Brate.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing we will be going to more even man fronts.

(Of course 2 is an even number)

If true then Kinlaw is a better match than either Brown or Simmons and you might as well throw in Okudah.

Maybe if Lions are lucky to poach #5 and #26 from Miami and have a willing trade partner you can move up from #26 along with our #35 and grab Kinlaw.

The smarter take on getting Kinlaw is bypassing Okudah and hoping you can acquire trade partners to get down to that 10-12 area.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If true then Kinlaw is a better match than either Brown or Simmons and you might as well throw in Okudah.

Maybe if Lions are lucky to poach #5 and #26 from Miami and have a willing trade partner you can move up from #26 along with our #35 and grab Kinlaw.

The smarter take on getting Kinlaw is bypassing Okudah and hoping you can acquire trade partners to get down to that 10-12 area.

You already know Kinlaw is my guy so of course I prefer this.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You already know Kinlaw is my guy so of course I prefer this.

What about his knee tendonitis that made him pull out of the Senior Bowl ?

any questions regarding that and possible future complications arising from that ?

The Lions medical staff is known to be perceived as somewhat highly questionable in the past and present. (Levy, Calvin, Swanson to name a couple)

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinlaw turns 23 this October

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about his knee tendonitis that made him pull out of the Senior Bowl ?

any questions regarding that and possible future complications arising from that ?

The Lions medical staff is known to be perceived as somewhat highly questionable in the past and present. (Levy, Calvin, Swanson to name a couple)

No. It was a made up excuse to not risk playing in a game that would do nothing for him.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
History suggests Derrick Brown may be the Lions’ 1st-round pick

Brown comes with some huge flaws, though. He is not particularly athletic. He does not have explosiveness necessary to be a formidable pass rusher. The team may not need any of that for him to be the perfect fit in their defensive front, though.

For Detroit, that may prove to be a worthy trade off. As we saw in 2019, consistently generating a pass rush is not a priority for this team. Stopping the run and holding ground in the middle of the pocket to prevent the quarterback from bolting up the middle is, though.

Honest question.
How much better is this guy than A'shawn or snacks?
My guess is he isn't going to be much more impactful than either of those two were last year.
Would hate to blow a top 5 pick on someone like that.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If true then Kinlaw is a better match than either Brown or Simmons

The fact that Kinlaw could be considered better in any system tells me that Brown is not worthy of a top 3 pick.
Top 3 you should be landing a franchise cornerstone type of player.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,698.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Kinlaw could be considered better in any system tells me that Brown is not worthy of a top 3 pick.
Top 3 you should be landing a franchise cornerstone type of player.

Ive heard folks say if not for Young, Brown would be the best player in this draft that isn’t a qb

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Dolphins are gauging the price to trade up for the No. 3 overall pick for an offensive tackle.

Trading up to the No. 3 overall pick entails swapping with the Lions, who are reportedly "high" on Auburn DT Derrick Brown. Having said that, jostling to nab an offensive tackle makes little sense for the Dolphins, who hold three picks (No. 5, No. 18, No. 26) in the first round. Assuming Giants GM Dave Gettleman has his sights set on one player in particular, Rapsheet's scenario (if true) means the Dolphins covet that one individual even more. Washington is also still "listening" to offers for both Trent Williams and the No. 2 overall pick, and the Giants have made it known they wouldn't mind dropping back to collect more picks, as well. Buckle up.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all smoke and mirrors at this point

Miami will still draft Tua at #3 for #5 and #26 or BQ will make the trade with the LAC

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It can't get any worse than Josina Anderson putting out this tweet

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm almost at the point hoping Miami trades for #3 using their #5 and #26 and the LAC sitting there thinking Herbert is in the bag for them

until

Dave Caldwell (Jags) trades up with the Lions at #5 (and our #85) using their #9 and #20 for Herbert

and we still land Okudah

1. Cin - Burrow
2. Was - Young
3. Mia - Tua
4. Nyg - OT
5. Jax - Herbert
6. Lac - Simmons
7. Nyj - OT (Caro trades out)
8. Ari - OT or Lamb
9. Det - Okudah

I need some excitement somewhere before BQ starts making picks because once that begins I'm not expecting much.

won't happen

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It can't get any worse than Josina Anderson putting out this tweet

Nice. Would be so sweet to get Young.
If Young is on the board and the Lions still pick Brown I will be done with the Lions forever.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm almost at the point hoping Miami trades for #3 using their #5 and #26 and the LAC sitting there thinking Herbert is in the bag for them

until

Dave Caldwell (Jags) trades up with the Lions at #5 (and our #85) using their #9 and #20 for Herbert

and we still land Okudah

1. Cin - Burrow
2. Was - Young
3. Mia - Tua
4. Nyg - OT
5. Jax - Herbert
6. Lac - Simmons
7. Nyj - OT (Caro trades out)
8. Ari - OT or Lamb
9. Det - Okudah

I need some excitement somewhere before BQ starts making picks because once that begins I'm not expecting much.

won't happen

Even if Okudah was gone. in the same scenario.

Then Brown or one of those sweet OT's would be perfect.
I'll take that big ass monster OT from Bama.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive heard folks say if not for Young, Brown would be the best player in this draft that isn’t a qb

Hell NO... DT's are a dime a dozen. Wouldn't put it past Quinn to select him though, based on the fact that positional value means shit to him.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has all the talent in the world. But playing 12-13 games each of his four season he totaled 12 sacks. His max in a year was 4. His max solo tackles on a season was 32. Just for reference I looked at guys like Aaron Donald, Gerald McCoy, Nick Fairley, Ndamukong Suh, Quienen Williams, Sheldon Rankins, and a couple other I remember going top 10 ish. Williams had 8 sacks his senior year and like 45 solo tackles. The site I was looking at didnt have TFL's. All the other top 5 guys had over 10 sacks their senior year. Donald had 2 years with double digit sacks. Suh had 12 sacks his senior year, plus possibly the single most dominant bowl game of any player I've ever seen. Almost all of these guys had 45+ solo tackles which is like 50% more.

He's got the athleticism to excite people. But even in college he hasn't played up to his talent. I'm not against taking him, but hes a 3rd or 4th tier player in the draft. I'd be excited to draft him if we ended up in the mid to late teens. If somebody takes him top 5 I'd say it was a reach.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions fans still have yet to figure out what BQ/MP look for in type of player for this shitty scheme

Pad level and any sign the Pats might be interested