• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2020 Draft Watch

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for Hockenson straight up :noidea:

seems as though that was another 1st round reach by BQ

No I would rather keep Hockinson in case he turns it around.

Was thinking Teez Tabor, Jarrad Davis and a 5th rounder.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but Okudah is elite for a prospect though. I am pretty sure he didn't even have a penalty against him last season.
Lattimore and Peterson were pretty bad ass right off the get go. Although he isn't quite the elite athlete that Peterson was coming out.

Lattimore got his ass torched non-stop the first 5 games of 2018 and yet still made the Pro Bowl. Ryan Fitzpatrick (then with Tampa Bay) kept throwing right at Lattimore and Humphries, Evans, Godwin made him look like a UDFA CB.

That's how much I think of the Pro Bowl label/selections. absolute shit.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Quinn leads Lions to lowest number of off-the-field issues in NFL

SilkyDearestBelugawhale-size_restricted.gif

According to spotrac.com, the Detroit Lions are tied for the second-least amount of player suspensions since Quinn’s hire in 2016, with just three. The Houston Texans, Tennessee Titans, and Chicago Bears also have three, while the Philadelphia Eagles and Arizona Cardinals have the fewest, with only two players suspended on each team over the last four seasons.

Additionally, the Lions are also the only NFL team not to have a player suspended in the last two seasons.

Compared to teams like the Dallas Cowboys and New York Jets, who respectively have had 17 and 13 suspensions over that time, the Lions look like a much more disciplined organization.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^

can't wait for BQ to draft some choir boys.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'd be for two years. Ain't no way that guy gets his 5th year option picked up.

Yeah but what if he becomes super bad ass the last two years?
Him and Hock become the new Hernandez and Gronk. Minus all the murdering.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 5th year would make him the second highest paid TE in the league I believe.

He'd need to become a different player completely. Jameis chucks the shit outta the ball and didn't target him much.

My money is on them cutting him if he isn't on the team. Maybe they pennies for a first, but I don't think there's a market tbh.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easier for a CFB DL to come in and provide some impact, albeit less, than it is for a CB and the steeper learning curve they have.

Brown would be considered the safer pick but not the so-called higher positional value pick.

I would pick Simmons before Brown. He would fit our defense much better and we could still use another LB that can do it all.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What fun is it without the murders?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
History suggests Derrick Brown may be the Lions’ 1st-round pick

Brown comes with some huge flaws, though. He is not particularly athletic. He does not have explosiveness necessary to be a formidable pass rusher. The team may not need any of that for him to be the perfect fit in their defensive front, though.

For Detroit, that may prove to be a worthy trade off. As we saw in 2019, consistently generating a pass rush is not a priority for this team. Stopping the run and holding ground in the middle of the pocket to prevent the quarterback from bolting up the middle is, though.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would pick Simmons before Brown. He would fit our defense much better and we could still use another LB that can do it all.

I'll refer to my above post as to why BQ wouldn't draft Simmons and Lions fans still have yet to figure out what BQ/MP look for in type of player for this shitty scheme

consistently generating a pass rush is not a priority for this team. Stopping the run and holding ground in the middle of the pocket to prevent the quarterback from bolting up the middle is, though.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
History suggests Derrick Brown may be the Lions’ 1st-round pick

Brown comes with some huge flaws, though. He is not particularly athletic. He does not have explosiveness necessary to be a formidable pass rusher. The team may not need any of that for him to be the perfect fit in their defensive front, though.

For Detroit, that may prove to be a worthy trade off. As we saw in 2019, consistently generating a pass rush is not a priority for this team. Stopping the run and holding ground in the middle of the pocket to prevent the quarterback from bolting up the middle is, though.

Didnt we just shit can a lazy fat ass recently? Why draft another?

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll refer to my above post as to why BQ wouldn't draft Simmons and Lions fans still have yet to figure out what BQ/MP look for in type of player for this shitty scheme

I keep hearing we will be going to more even man fronts.

(Of course 2 is an even number)

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt we just shit can a lazy fat ass recently? Why draft another?

Brown is not a lazy fat ass.

He has elevated his game play every single year and is damn good at from a CFB perspective.

Now, if you're talking about value at #3 then you have an argument.