• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2020 Draft Watch

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes -- I'd be happy if they traded to 5 and only got one extra pick. Any extra pick is better than nothing.

We have needs at CB, DT and LB -- Okudah, Simmons or Brown will be there if we trade to 5, most likely, all of them will, as it seems as NYG could be going top OL to build up for the top pick they spent on RB and QB.

Forgot about Brown. I’d put him w that group too.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be all in on this selection. 100.

Wilson is the only off-ball LB I would select in this entire draft (even over the so-called popular choices of Murray or Queen).

In my book, he's a day 1 replacement for Christian Jones or Davis.

Simmons can fill that role as well. Dude can play any position except NT.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want

WR Michael Pittman Jr - USC

and

RB Zack Moss - Utah

to be Lions

I would like Cesar Ruiz. We need OL badly. I would settle for Netane Muti if he slips. Of course I really want Mekhi Becton but no way he slips to 26 and we can not afford to not pick a defensive stud with our first pick whether it is 5,6, or 9.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about Brown. I’d put him w that group too.

Brown would probably be the guy I'd least want out of the 3, as I think he will be a very good, but not a game changer at DT. I can't see him being a guy who will get after the QB much, but I think he will be a tremendous run stopper.

Okudah has a chance to be an elite lockdown CB. Simmons has a shot to be a game changer with all the different positions he could play. You don't find guys who can run like him at his size.

My perfect scenario for the draft. Detroit trades down to 5 and gets an extra top 40 pick. Then trade down to 6 or 7 and get an extra top top 75 pick and still get one of those 3 guys.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown would probably be the guy I'd least want out of the 3, as I think he will be a very good, but not a game changer at DT. I can't see him being a guy who will get after the QB much, but I think he will be a tremendous run stopper.

Okudah has a chance to be an elite lockdown CB. Simmons has a shot to be a game changer with all the different positions he could play. You don't find guys who can run like him at his size.

My perfect scenario for the draft. Detroit trades down to 5 and gets an extra top 40 pick. Then trade down to 6 or 7 and get an extra top top 75 pick and still get one of those 3 guys.

I agree w all that. This looks like it might get done before the draft starts?

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Lions "have been engaged with multiple teams on potentially trading out of the No. 3 spot."

It's the latest report that indicates the Lions are looking to move down in the draft. One of Clemson S Isaiah Simmons, Ohio State CB Jeff Okudah or Auburn DT Derrick Brown seems to be the target. The league's No. 28 defense in overall DVOA could use help just about anywhere. Their 31st-ranked pass rush in adjusted sack rate would probably be a good place to start.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC WR’s are scary.

Pittman's traits are eerily similar to Golladay's and no way in hell do I envision BQ paying a WR the type of money the latter will want and Get - from another team.

BQ will let Golladay walk. It's the Patriot's way of doing business.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC WR’s are scary.

The last meaningful WR coming out of USC are

JuJu Smith-Schuster.... he's been damn good until Big Ben was injured
Marqise Lee...… oft-injured and hasn't lived up to his 1st round drafting
Nelson Agholor.... lather - rinse- repeat from above
Robert Woods.... had shitty qb's in Buffalo and has flourished for LAR

I understand being skittish due to the Mike Williams debacle

I wouldn't begin to think about drafting Pittman Jr. until pick #67 and if he's already drafted so be it.

USC had a turn-style at QB (injuries) over the last two years and yet this kid still produced.

Michael Pittman Jr. College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons can fill that role as well. Dude can play any position except NT.

In a fans eye Simmons should be able to fill that off-ball LB role.

I highly doubt Patricia and BQ view Simmons the same way as the fans do.

Your second statement is absolutely laughable, imo. He'd have his ass handed to him on the regular in the NFL attempting to play DT, Big End, CB. I could see him getting some wins playing 9-tech with no TE lined up on his side.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like Cesar Ruiz. We need OL badly. I would settle for Netane Muti if he slips. Of course I really want Mekhi Becton but no way he slips to 26 and we can not afford to not pick a defensive stud with our first pick whether it is 5,6, or 9.

Muti is excitable to watch. Ragdolls defensive players consistently but only playing 9 games over the last 3 years is risky.

I don't see BQ valuing the OG spot or wouldn't have let Glasgow walk.

We'll probably see a player drafted this year that has OT/OG experience versus that OC/OG type.

Really like both players in Ruiz and Muti.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a fans eye Simmons should be able to fill that off-ball LB role.

I highly doubt Patricia and BQ view Simmons the same way as the fans do.

Your second statement is absolutely laughable, imo. He'd have his ass handed to him on the regular in the NFL attempting to play DT, Big End, CB. I could see him getting some wins playing 9-tech with no TE lined up on his side.

I am hearing some rumblings that he may be the pick.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hearing some rumblings that he may be the pick.

I'm not denying Simmons his just due as far as being a superbly athletic CFB player and having played multiple positions, however, Patricia hasn't been able to get anything out of his LB crew to date and so therefore I wouldn't trust him to maximize Simmons' strengths.

If Jim Schwartz or Don Brown were 100% completely in charge of the defense then I'd have a completely different outlook regarding Simmons.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d be thrilled w Simmons after a trade down.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d be thrilled w Simmons after a trade down.

He would be that ah ha moment pick seems as though almost all the media pundits have mostly slotted Okudah to us.

Fans seem to want Simmons more than the supposed pick of Okudah or even Brown in a trade down.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much will this draft have an affect on picks considering the pandemic.

There won't be any mini-camp for rookies or OTA's. Hell training camp could be affected as well.

Will that alone have an effect on whether you draft Okudah versus Simmons versus Brown and the steep learning curve that the CB position has for an incoming CFB.

Maybe BQ has a change of mind for player and CFB position played considering loss of time and preparation.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may be all the scotch I have had today, but I am super excited about this.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These bottom 5 stats in this write up mean NOTHING.
Look deeply into his eyes in this picture and you will come away thinking.
Wow, this guy is a defensive genius. He has super bowl rings and is from New England.
We are safe in his loving arms.

fat pat.png