• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LIONS 2014 FREE AGENTS THREAD (all positons)

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone interested in Rolando McLain on a 'prove it' 2-year deal?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone interested in Rolando McLain on a 'prove it' 2-year deal?

He was great at Bama but has 2 gun charges (1 for firing a pistol right next to one of his friends ears in Decatur/Huntsville Bama).

JMO, he needs to get his act together, psychologically first, before any attempt coming back. He did re-enter classes at Bama last I read.

Ozzie Newsome stated how unprepared he was for his workout and couldn't make it through all of it.

He also suffers from Krohn's disease.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jermichael Finely is a name to keep an eye on. If he's healthy enough to play he could fill the Jimmy Graham role, to an extent, in the new offense... Probably would come pretty cheap on a one year deal to prove he can still go...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't mind seeing us bring in Kevin Williams for a look once camp gets rolling. He was one of the best DTs in the league for a long time and as a rotational guy I think he's still got enough gas in the tank. Good option for a veteran depth player who can teach our young DTs a thing or three, imo...

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kinda burnt out on Williams's for awhile.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running out of time on getting an extension done on Suh. Nothing but crickets on any progress does not bode well. For those of you who are adamantly opposed to trading him are you ok letting the draft pass and still not have a deal?

The Lions could not possibly be in a worse spot if there isn't a resolution to Suh, one way or the other by the end of night one of the draft. I can not ever recall a situation where this team was truly in a worse spot with ANY player ever. :noidea:

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running out of time on getting an extension done on Suh. Nothing but crickets on any progress does not bode well. For those of you who are adamantly opposed to trading him are you ok letting the draft pass and still not have a deal?

The Lions could not possibly be in a worse spot if there isn't a resolution to Suh, one way or the other by the end of night one of the draft. I can not ever recall a situation where this team was truly in a worse spot with ANY player ever. :noidea:

:lalala:.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Huh...but I was given the impression weeks ago by Lewand that negotiations were progressing well. Not so?

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh...but I was given the impression weeks ago by Lewand that negotiations were progressing well. Not so?

I have been away for too long apparently jayfan because I dont know if that was written in the sarcasm font or not?

If it was....:lol:

If it wasnt......I dont have much faith in anything that either half of the clown show has to say. They told us the head coaching job was so attractive they were getting calls from people about it and was easily the most attractive opening. I guess they read that wrong.

A new contract for Suh has easily been the top priority for the Lions since the season ended and while a delay may have been caused when Suh was switching agents and been acceptable as an excuse for the deal not being done by the start of FA there can be no excuses now.

Since the terms of my presidency of the Realist Party require that I deal solely with facts I offer this disclaimer on the following OPINION.... I can offer no proof whatsoever that this statement is in any way correct or anything more than the thoughts and beliefs of one Lions fan. Said fan is not currently under the influence of drugs or alcohol but has killed many brain cells in the past with the usage of drugs and alcohol. Nonetheless he believes this to be true................the complete silence that surrounds such a high profile negotiation leads me to believe that the Lions have not just felt around for trade interest but have had extensive discussions and those discussions have involved Suh's agent regarding a new contract. I have yet to see even so much as one comment from him regarding his client. To me that is a tell tale sign that something is up here. If there was a deal to be made here it would already have been done. In fact, it would have been done weeks ago.

Either the Lions front office is even dumber than I think they are (a virtual impossibility) or this will be the most interesting draft in decades.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either the Lions front office is even dumber than I think they are (a virtual impossibility) or this will be the most interesting draft in decades.

I think it absolutely is going to be one of the most interesting drafts in quite some time for Detroit fans. I will hold off on my thoughts of the front offices intelligence until after the first round is completed.

If they trade Suh and then use a top 5 pick to draft a WR -- IMO, they would have hit an all-time low in my faith they can get it done for the team.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals have released RB Ryan Williams. He's been injured since day one, but came in with a lot of talent and potential a couple years ago.

I don't think he got in nearly enough games to lose his practice squad eligibility, so he'd be an interesting guy to bring to camp and then stash on the P-squad as an injury replacement. Wouldn't much have to worry about him staying healthy as a non-roster player...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals have released RB Ryan Williams. He's been injured since day one, but came in with a lot of talent and potential a couple years ago.

I don't think he got in nearly enough games to lose his practice squad eligibility, so he'd be an interesting guy to bring to camp and then stash on the P-squad as an injury replacement. Wouldn't much have to worry about him staying healthy as a non-roster player...

No thanks... Use Leshoure more in this case. You know the guy you had to have to only sit on the pine.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, Why isn't Leshoure a bigger story? Still on the team drafted in the 2nd round but doesn't play. There's something there that isn't being talked about.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks... Use Leshoure more in this case. You know the guy you had to have to only sit on the pine.

I think Leshoure makes the active roster, little chance of him clearing waivers and making the practice squad if released.

That's why I mentioned Williams- he's a recent 2nd round talent whom we could possibly squeeze onto the practice squad and stash him.

I wouldn't want him on the regular 53 man roster given the solid RB group we have. But he was explosive and fast coming out a couple years ago, and if we could have him sitting there waiting in the event one of our guys gets injured that would be great.

Just a bottom-of-the-roster/ off the roster kind of move...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, Why isn't Leshoure a bigger story? Still on the team drafted in the 2nd round but doesn't play. There's something there that isn't being talked about.

I think he pulled a Golden Tate on Mrs. Schwartz. Or Mistress Schwartz, idk.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Leshoure makes the active roster, little chance of him clearing waivers and making the practice squad if released.

That's why I mentioned Williams- he's a recent 2nd round talent whom we could possibly squeeze onto the practice squad and stash him.

I wouldn't want him on the regular 53 man roster given the solid RB group we have. But he was explosive and fast coming out a couple years ago, and if we could have him sitting there waiting in the event one of our guys gets injured that would be great.

Just a bottom-of-the-roster/ off the roster kind of move...

I also have Leshoure on active roster...

Leshoure can't be placed on practice squad anyways...I meant use Leshoure more if injury happens to Bush or Bell. For arguement sake, I will still decline. JMO differs from you.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any thoughts on Santonio Holmes (Homes?) on a one year deal? He might come cheap given our pass-first, WR-friendly offense could well help him land a bit better deal next offseason...