• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Like It or Not..It's the Book on Romo

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty much give what you get. You want to discuss topics, I love a good debate. You want to stand toe to toe, I'm your Huckleberry. But I'm not going into your house to insult you. But if I'm in your house and you throwe down on me, I'll defend myself.

But I prolly won't go back to your house again.

Even if you know how to cook really good ribs or TexMex.

well I would say you can do whatever you want on the general board without worry of being banned, except JDM just got banned there, & I didn't think that was possible LOL

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No challenge Bro. I can see us getting along.

But teach a newbie here. Is it bad form to go on another teams thread and talk shit? Even if you're goaded into it?

The reason I ask is I follow a lot of teams (not a fan of, but follow) and am a fan of a lot of players.

Each board has different levels of troll ism allowed. I personally don't mind the occasional troll activity but if you want to be a constant troll you are not needed. Cowboy fan or not

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I would say you can do whatever you want on the general board without worry of being banned, except JDM just got banned there, & I didn't think that was possible LOL

I think this site is levels above what we left on Sports Illustrated.

What do you have to do to get banned here?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this site is levels above what we left on Sports Illustrated.

What do you have to do to get banned here?

the cowboys board?
I think you would have to want to get banned here.

plenty of people will debate or even banter back & forth for awhile here. Eventually Ford or whoever will say that is enough & then everyone goes to their corners. (or they are asked to take it to the smack talk thread as not to ruin a decent thread)

think anyone can get banned on any of the boards if that is their goal.

Just some of the boards here are more fickle than others.
I am happy our board has thicker skin than some.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the cowboys board?
I think you would have to want to get banned here.

plenty of people will debate or even banter back & forth for awhile here. Eventually Ford or whoever will say that is enough & then everyone goes to their corners.

think anyone can get banned on any of the boards if that is their goal.

Just some of the boards here are more fickle than others.
I am happy our board has thicker skin than some.

Cowboys will not change course until:

JJ hires professional football people to run the Cowboys, or
JJ passes on.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No challenge Bro. I can see us getting along.

But teach a newbie here. Is it bad form to go on another teams thread and talk shit? Even if you're goaded into it?

The reason I ask is I follow a lot of teams (not a fan of, but follow) and am a fan of a lot of players.

I dont do it ...

Ive tried to goto other teams boards and talk ..... ( dont try it on the skins board) some are ok .... others like the skins boards ..... make Hitler look like Ghaundi

15 years of posting and that is the most nazi ass either agree or be gone bullshit you will ever see

and nah im not banned from there .... just read in and knew ahead of time ..... if you are 100% POSITIVE Redskin fan .... they will bann you because you breath .... if for no other reason

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think you can come to our board and talk shit cause he did? Maybe you should borrow the Redskin Mods

Get the fuck off our board before you get owned spanked and sent back crying

Twist is a straight up Dude. We've actually had our fair share of differences, but the guy is gonna call it as he sees it. The whole reason I started a thread about Wilson being overrated, is that I commented on a Seahawks thread that was ripping the shit out of Tony Romo for being rated higher than Wilson in a poll. For that, I was cussed and called an Idiot, which I gave back by saying Romo is better than Wilson(In my opinion, today, there's no question). Chickenhawk cried to Harold, I was banned from their sissy board, so I took it to general. Now a couple are coming over to talk shit, while throwing out some insults about Romo and the Cowboys. The difference though, between this board and the Redskins or Seahawks boards, is that you won't find a lot of posters crying like a bitch to their Mods to ban someone if they don't agree with his opinion

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys will not change course until:

JJ hires professional football people to run the Cowboys, or
JJ passes on.

Hey I got a packers fan you can chit chat here about it with :becky:
(nothing new to us)

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All those guys you named sucked. They only made Provo was because of Favre. Just ask es4m.

Don't attempt to put words in my mouth. At no point did I say they sucked. I said they were comparable to what Romo has had to throw to. And Favre did make them better.

Your sig, why did you change it from "I know I can be an ass"? It was much more fitting...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty certain that if I ever met Roger Staubach I would fucking faint.

I wasnt trying to give you any crap here. Your screen name though was actually used for a characters name in one of my favorite movies.. Captain Spaulding was his deranged dad

UnBiasedPerspective

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont do it ...

Ive tried to goto other teams boards and talk ..... ( dont try it on the skins board) some are ok .... others like the skins boards ..... make Hitler look like Ghaundi

15 years of posting and that is the most nazi ass either agree or be gone bullshit you will ever see

and nah im not banned from there .... just read in and knew ahead of time ..... if you are 100% POSITIVE Redskin fan .... they will bann you because you breath .... if for no other reason

Got it

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't attempt to put words in my mouth. At no point did I say they sucked. I said they were comparable to what Romo has had to throw to. And Favre did make them better.

Your sig, why did you change it from "I know I can be an ass"? It was much more fitting...

Your words. "But Farve's Packer offense were only special because of Favre. Go back and look at the WR he played with in the 90's after Sterling Sharpe. None of those guys were world beaters"

I take it you are saying all other players Favre had sucked. Either that's what you're saying or you have absolutely no fucking idea of the talent the Packers had.

And yes I can be a ass. Now get over it.

Last edited by a moderator:

UnBiasedPerspective

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your words. "But Farve's Packer offense were only special because of Favre. Go back and look at the WR he played with in the 90's after Sterling Sharpe. None of those guys were world beaters"

I take it you are saying all other players Favre had sucked. Either that's what you're saying or you have absolutely no fucking idea of the talent the Packers had.

And yes I can be a ass. Now get over it.

I find it rather refreshing .:suds:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never deny He throws one to two bonehead throws in a game. Sometimes we get lucky & nothing happens on those plays. Which is why I will never call him elite.
My point though is a lot of these other QBs if faced with the same things may be even worse that seem better because they are better protected by their team. Comparing Romos situation to others isn't exactly apples to apples most times. Giving all the blame to QBs or even all the credit to them is really just a Bullshit things fans do.

I remember after the superbowl some Hawk fans being pissed off because RW didn't get MVP. I was thinking are you shittin' me? It had to go to defense in my thoughts.

RW did make solid plays and denver did a hell of a job to stop the run game but yes, the entire defense deserved the MVP. To make Peyton Manning looked confused and rushed for basically the entire game speaks volumes. RW had good numbers but he would never gotten to those MVP type numbers as the game was in hand.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RW did make solid plays and denver did a hell of a job to stop the run game but yes, the entire defense deserved the MVP. To make Peyton Manning looked confused and rushed for basically the entire game speaks volumes. RW had good numbers but he would never gotten to those MVP type numbers as the game was in hand.

As that game went along I kept saying there's no way Peyton doesn't figure this out and start scoring points. That is one of the very best defensive games in NFL history.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As that game went along I kept saying there's no way Peyton doesn't figure this out and start scoring points. That is one of the very best defensive games in NFL history.

When Seattle settled for the 2 fg's after the safety, I was feeling uncomfortable cause I felt they were letting denver hang around and normally when you don't slam the door shut on Peyton, he makes you pay in a big way. That defense played out of their minds that night.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming from a guy who said many times that Romo will never win anything and we need to get rid of him your comments lately are confusing.

You have me confused with someone else.

I totally agree Romo is a top 10-15 QB. So why are we having a discussion as if he is elite and that it would be silly to compare him to a guy that just won SB and has yet to hit is prime? Top 15 is average when there are 32 starters. I think he is better than average and put him more in the top 10 range personally, but he has had more big game clunkers (not talking team, talking him) than he has had great games and that is what many Cowboy fans make excuses for. That is also the only type of QB that Seattle wouldn't want with their dominant defense and running game. They need a guy that is steady and won't make the big mistake even if it means he is only an average QB. But, you guys can't be objective and you only take that as a comparison of talent instead of style which is what any objective person would have read in the comments.

Again, Romo was less turnover prone and sack prone than Wilson last year and Wilson and Romo's career interception% aren't far apart.. My stats are completely objective. Perhaps Wilson hasn't been in as many situations as Romo to have those clunkers because his teams are always winning and his defense can be trusted with the game on the line.

And stop talking to me like I can't be objective. That is laughable. I believe Russell Wilson and Romo are the same class quarterback. I believe if Russell Wilson were here he would put up big numbers like Romo because he would have more weapons here and more of a passing attack, but he wouldn't win nearly as much with a weak supporting cast and terrible home field advantage, and he would constantly have the Cowboys' history, owner, and fan base haunting him day after day, year after year. Romo in Seattle would be a more composed quarterback without the constant pressure of living up to past legends, without having to throw it so many times, and would have an elite supporting cast around him with the best home field in football. It is silly to think any quarterback would be wrong for either team because they are both good and both in the same quarterback tier.