• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Like It or Not..It's the Book on Romo

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate being the bad guy

Only thing worse is being the dumb guy

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uhhhhhh

can I just start with the 1st mistake?

Brooks was nothing special?

we can move on past that ...... other than his career was cut short

BTW ... Sharpe wasnt really a Favre receiver ..... That was a Don Majowski ( if I spelled the name right) era

You just seem a bit confused on the Brett Era in Green Bay ........ Just saying

Favre and Sharpe played together for three years. Robert Brooks, injuries or not, had two productive seasons. I know that Green Bay era well enough.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favre and Sharpe played together for three years. Robert Brooks, injuries or not, had two productive seasons. I know that Green Bay era well enough.

Ok humpty dumpty

what retired Brooks?

game on :suds:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have given you some stats already, now I have given you their accolades. What more do you want? What exactly is your point? That Green Bays receivers weren't good enough to make the pro bowl? But you have been straying from the point. This argument was not about me saying whether they were good or not. I acknowledge they were good. The whole debate was about two points: 1. Favre at his best was better than Romo. 2. Romo has had comparable talent to throw the ball too.

Somehow you managed to include Jerry Rice and Barry Sanders

Now please try and stay on task.

I included Rice and Sanders to explain why Farve's team wasn't littered with pro bowlers.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will admit I had to look this up

1995 Robert Brooks had 1497 yards receiving and 13 TDs

This is when teams were still playing running game and defense

es you lost .... question now is how deep you wanna dig that hole

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I posted that earlier in the thread, when I posted Favre's top 4 receivers and their production from Favre's best three seasons.

How many other seasons did Robert Brooks have over 1,000? One? How many seasons over 700 yards receiving total? Two....

Robert Brooks and Miles Austin's career arcs look very similar...

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

es you lost .... question now is how deep you wanna dig that hole

I lost? Based on Robert Brooks having one good season? What debate am I supposedly losing here? Dude, don't get too full of yourself. Neither you nor Manster have disproven my general argument. You're doing nothing but nitpicking at insignificant facts.

Tell me again how Sterling Sharpe didn't play with Favre....

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate being the bad guy

Only thing worse is being the dumb guy

Sad thing is you often come off looking like the dumb guy. With your ridiculous rants that eventually boil down to you cussing someone out and somehow or another challenging them to meet and fight or whatever the fuck it is you plan to do. It's beyond pathetic. There may be a few long time posters here that accept and ignore that shit, but dude, seriously, it's below you, and honestly, it makes you look ridiculous. You take this internet message board shit way too seriously...

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you are all about stats here's a few for you.

Favre 298 game starts (GS) 71,838 yards (YDs) = 242 yards per game. (YPG)

Romo 108 (GS) 29,565 (YD's) = 273.8 (YPG)

Favre 5.0 TD%
Romo 5.5 TD%
Favre 3.8 INT%
Romo 2.7 INT%

Sorry dude your stay argument does NOT help you.

Try a new angle. Knocking you around is getting fun.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well certainly through their first two years in the league Romo had less ints...

I didn't know we were comparing their first two years in a league. I thought we were comparing how each quarterback would fare if their situations were reversed. But if we were comparing their first two years, Wilson obviously blows Romo out of the water and had much more success. Romo was an interception machine on a poorly-coached team but with nice talent around him. Wilson has been a calm and collected winner and champion on a stacked team. They don't compare. Fast forward to today, and Wilson still has the much better resume, but Romo is a much better quarterback than he was his first two years in the league and he's at least comparable to Wilson. And the talent around Romo now is much worse and the team is still poorly-coached. I believe if we had the Romo we have now back in 2007, we would have at least beat the Giants and probably the Packers. Don't think our defense was up to the challenge to stop the Pats like the Giants were though.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Favre 5.0 TD%
Romo 5.5 TD%
Favre 3.8 INT%
Romo 2.7 INT%

Try a new angle. Knocking you around is getting fun.[/QUOTE/]

My argument was that Favre at his best was better than Romo at his best. What the hell is up with your reading comprehension today?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad thing is you often come off looking like the dumb guy. With your ridiculous rants that eventually boil down to you cussing someone out and somehow or another challenging them to meet and fight or whatever the fuck it is you plan to do. It's beyond pathetic. There may be a few long time posters here that accept and ignore that shit, but dude, seriously, it's below you, and honestly, it makes you look ridiculous. You take this internet message board shit way too seriously...

I aint the one on a rampage :whistle:

We all lose debates .... some more than others ....... Dont hate ..... If you shut the fuck up and read ..... you too can learn. ........

and guess what ....

We dont charge 3 installments of 19.95

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Romo's 3 best years are arguably 2007, '11, and '13. Brett Favre's best years were arguably 1995, '96, '97.

Let's compare...

Romo '07,'11,'13 combined:

12,223 yards -- 98 TD's -- 260 ypg -- 39 INT's -- 6.2 TD% -- 2.5 INT%

Favre '95,'96,'97 combined:

12,179 yards -- 112 TD's -- 253 ypg -- 40 INT's -- 6.9% -- 2.6 INT%
3x MVP, 2 Super Bowl appearances, 1 Super Bowl win

I know which one I am taking at their peak.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I aint the one on a rampage :whistle:

We all lose debates .... some more than others ....... Dont hate ..... If you shut the fuck up and read ..... you too can learn. ........

and guess what ....

We dont charge 3 installments of 19.95

You want to teach me what? Bad information?

Tell me again how Sharpe didn't play with Favre...

You crack me up the way you act like you're the board Sheriff

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Favre 5.0 TD%
Romo 5.5 TD%
Favre 3.8 INT%
Romo 2.7 INT%

Try a new angle. Knocking you around is getting fun.[/QUOTE/]

My argument was that Favre at his best was better than Romo at his best. What the hell is up with your reading comprehension today?

Funny. You said stats proved your point now that I poked holes though your stay argument you want to ignore them. Here's the truth. Favre's teams had a lot of talent but that talent was playing some of the greatest players ever were lacing em up. In addition I'd the Cowboys didn't deteriorate over night Favre would still be ringless.

Romo is Favre light. Favre's greatest was also his bane and the same with Romo never wanting to give up on a play is both his greatest asset and biggest fault.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Romo's 3 best years are arguably 2007, '11, and '13. Brett Favre's best years were arguably 1995, '96, '97.

Let's compare...

Romo '07,'11,'13 combined:

12,223 yards -- 98 TD's -- 260 ypg -- 39 INT's -- 6.2 TD% -- 2.5 INT%

Favre '95,'96,'97 Zcombined:

12,179 yards -- 112 TD's -- 253 ypg -- 40 INT's -- 6.9% -- 2.6 INT%
3x MVP, 2 Super Bowl appearances, 1 Super Bowl win

I know which one I am taking at their peak.

common sense bruh ..... awesome thing
That was the beginning of the passing league ... rule changes to favor the offense ....First team ever to use a 2 TE system to a winning level ....... ( Same thing Bill does in New England now)

avg 20 INTs a year? Unheard of .... and that's your Hero?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny. You said stats proved your point now that I poked holes though your stay argument you want to ignore them. Here's the truth. Favre's teams had a lot of talent but that talent was playing some of the greatest players ever were lacing em up. In addition I'd the Cowboys didn't deteriorate over night Favre would still be ringless.

Romo is Favre light. Favre's greatest was also his bane and the same with Romo never wanting to give up on a play is both his greatest asset and biggest fault.

How did you poke holes in my argument with the stats you posted? You sampled both players entire careers. My argument from the very beginning, and you can look it up at the beginning of the thread, has been that Favre's best was better than Romo's best. You have done nothing to disprove this. And if you want to compare teammates, I think you will find that they stack up fairly similarly in terms of talent around them on offense. This has been my argument the whole time. What are you not understanding?

The bolded line in the quote is my whole point...

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
common sense bruh ..... awesome thing
That was the beginning of the passing league ... rule changes to favor the offense ....First team ever to use a 2 TE system to a winning level ....... ( Same thing Bill does in New England now)

avg 20 INTs a year? Unheard of .... and that's your Hero?

Are you trying to argue that Favre played in a more favorable passing league? Come on man, you know better...lol

And when did I say Favre was my hero? Do you just make shit up all the time?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did you poke holes in my argument with the stats you posted? You sampled both players entire careers. My argument from the very beginning, and you can look it up at the beginning of the thread, has been that Favre's best was better than Romo's best. You have done nothing to disprove this. And if you want to compare teammates, I think you will find that they stack up fairly similarly in terms of talent around them on offense. This has been my argument the whole time. What are you not understanding?

The bolded line in the quote is my whole point...

Your point was stats proved your argument. The only stay you saw was how many yards Favre threw over hi career. I showed you how Romo is ahead of Favre's pace game wise.
Did you even notice in a little over 1/3 starts Romo has virtually 1/2 the amount of yards. Romo has better TD and INT %'s too. You came on with a dumb stance and the more you talk the dumber if gets.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you trying to argue that Favre played in a more favorable passing league? Come on man, you know better...lol

And when did I say Favre was my hero? Do you just make shit up all the time?

you can make any debate you want

fact..... Favre didnt look like he belonged even in the league until the rule changes
What made him good ..... He pushed those rule changes ..... Refs took a few years to adjust themselves

Then He would get what some of us call the Jordon rule ... He didnt travel .. he was an extra step the refs didnt count

Then he spent another 5 years crying about how he was held back by his team ,,,,,,,,,

Brett Favre is a bitch mother fucker......tough on the field .... but off.... a sack of shit