• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's put this Warriors 'chemistry problem' to bed

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so does production matter? becuase unless i am mistaken- and if i am i so do thoroughly apolgoize- earlier today you said production doesnt matter....im just checking.

its not a hard question.....

what makes a guy a rotation player in your eyes? you watch a ton of basketball- you know a ton of basketball....obviously it isnt just playing a nightly basis because you said if a guy plays 1 minute a night that doesnt make him a rotation player

whats your definition?

Dude.

How clearly does this need to be spelled out?

A rotation player is someone who is in the regular rotation. McCaw was for 2 months, he does not appear to be at he moment.

Now answer Sushi's post.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so does production matter? becuase unless i am mistaken- and if i am i so do thoroughly apolgoize- earlier today you said production doesnt matter....im just checking.

its not a hard question.....

what makes a guy a rotation player in your eyes? you watch a ton of basketball- you know a ton of basketball....obviously it isnt just playing a nightly basis because you said if a guy plays 1 minute a night that doesnt make him a rotation player

whats your definition? you keep telling me he is a rotation player--- how do you gauge that? whats your definition? i dont know how you can say he is a rotation player if you cant even say what you think makes a guy a rotation player. You watch a ton of basketball- cmon.

I said stats don't matter. There are other ways for a player in the nightly rotation to impact the game. Solid defense, setting good screens, good defensive rotations, moving the ball well, and etc. All of these things are sign of a good rotation player that you will never see in the box score

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.

How clearly does this need to be spelled out?

A rotation player is someone who is in the regular rotation. McCaw was for 2 months, he does not appear to be at he moment.

Now answer Sushi's post.
omg...what does in "the regular rotation mean" lol......if a guy plays 3 minutes a night- but plays every night- is he "in the regular rotation"

if you cant even give a defintiion of a what a "rotation player" is- how can you even say either way

i gave you a very clear definition that has absolutely nothing to do with minutes played or stats

does the guy meanigfully contribute on a nightly basis?-- and sure a lot of things go into that---- do i think a guy can even "meangifully contribute" if he is playing 5 minutes a night? do i think a guy can contribute if he plays 10 minutes a night? what about 12 minutes with a handful of DNP-CD's?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said stats don't matter. There are other ways for a player in the nightly rotation to impact the game. Solid defense, setting good screens, good defensive rotations, moving the ball well, and etc. All of these things are sign of a good rotation player that you will never see in the box score
so whats your definition? if you refuse to give one just say and ill stop bothering you about it- but i am honestly curious as somoene that does watch a lot of basketball

how would you define a label a guy as a "rotation player"?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so whats your definition? if you refuse to give one just say and ill stop bothering you about it- but i am honestly curious as somoene that does watch a lot of basketball

how would you define a label a guy as a "rotation player"?

My definition is the same as T-Lance. Your example was stupid. No coach will ever play a bench player 1 minute per game consistently . You need to find a more realistic example.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My definition is the same as T-Lance. Your example was stupid. No coach will ever play a bench player 1 minute per game consistently . You need to find a more realistic example.
so 12 minutes a night is the magic line?

what if a guy is playing 6 minutes a night?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
omg...what does in "the regular rotation mean" lol......if a guy plays 3 minutes a night- but plays every night- is he "in the regular rotation"

if you cant even give a defintiion of a what a "rotation player" is- how can you even say either way

i gave you a very clear definition that has absolutely nothing to do with minutes played or stats

does the guy meanigfully contribute on a nightly basis?-- and sure a lot of things go into that---- do i think a guy can even "meangifully contribute" if he is playing 5 minutes a night? do i think a guy can contribute if he plays 10 minutes a night? what about 12 minutes with a handful of DNP-CD's?

Meaningful minutes are any non garbage time minutes.

If a player is in there every night, they are a rotation player. Length of time does not matter.

The early season DNPs were due to injury. He was clearly part of the nightly rotation until about 3 weeks ago. Since he has also missed a couple games to illness.

Again, answer Sushi's post or you are literally the biggest hypocrite in the world and will get my vote as worst poster on SportsHoopla.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But how can DeAndre Liggins be a rotational player? He hasn't played nightly throughout the season. He was inactive for 3 game and didn't even dress. He was a DNP-CD 5 times this season, which is more than McCaw has had due to coach's decision.

Oh and lets look at his season averages

16:11 MPG 2.9 Pts, 1.8 Rebs, 1.2 assists

Or are you cherry picking, when the guy plays in the rotation? Or is it his statistical output? I can't keep up with which direction you're going now.

You know, DeAndre Liggins, the guy who's starting for the Cavs.
of course Liggins is a "rotation player" right now- he is starting for the team and is likely to start for them for the next few months- hes playing over 20 minutes a night for the last month.

now if he sucks ass and the coach decides to cut his minutes, sends him to the dleague for a stint and gives his minutes away to Dunleavy- that very well might change.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meaningful minutes are any non garbage time minutes.

If a player is in there every night, they are a rotation player. Length of time does not matter.

The early season DNPs were due to injury. He was clearly part of the nightly rotation until about 3 weeks ago. Since he has also missed a couple games to illness.

Again, answer Sushi's post or you are literally the biggest hypocrite in the world and will get my vote as worst poster on SportsHoopla.
i gotcha- so if a guy plays 5 minutes a night in nonblowout games you would consider him a rotation player- production doesnt matter---- thats cool if thats your opinion- i just think thats ridiculous. You can think me thinking that is ridiculous if you want....

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course Liggins is a "rotation player" right now- he is starting for the team and is likely to start for them for the next few months- hes playing over 20 minutes a night for the last month.

now if he sucks ass and the coach decides to cut his minutes, sends him to the dleague for a stint and gives his minutes away to Dunleavy- that very well might change.

LOL.

Hilarious.

But, he is only averaging 2.8 points? How can anyone averaging 2.8 points be a rotation player?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i gotcha- so if a guy plays 5 minutes a night in nonblowout games you would consider him a rotation player- production doesnt matter---- thats cool if thats your opinion- i just think thats ridiculous. You can think me thinking that is ridiculous if you want....

Did you consider Liggins a rotation player before JR went down?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

Hilarious.

But, he is only averaging 2.8 points? How can anyone averaging 2.8 points be a rotation player?
go back to my definition- it makes it very easy and gives you some very well-needed clarity.

he is meaningfully contributing on a nightly basis.

The guy is the starter on the Cleveland Cavaliers. As i said- its not minutes, its not stats.

if you use that definition it makes it very easy.

you dont get into stupid things like arguing if a guy playing 12 minutes a night and having his ass glued to the bench for the last 3 weeks is a rotation player. Just think of how absurd that sounds- i seriously am at a loss that we are even arguing about it. Its ludicrous.

DeAndre Liggins has been meaningfully contributing to the Cavs on a nightly basis for the past month and is likely to continue doing so going forward.

now- he can without a doubt drop out of it- if he is playing terrible- and Dunleavy gets his shot going and Lue wants to go in another direection and Liggins finds that he is getting 6 DNP-CD's in a row and then he get sent to the dleague--- then he would DEFINITELY not be in the rotation.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you consider Liggins a rotation player before JR went down?
not yet...it was getting close- but you didnt know when you showed up to the stadium if Liggins would be playing anything more than a token couple minutes a night as a defensive replacement at the end of quarters...once in a while he would get some run- and he was playing well and starting to earn more time- but i would NOT say that Liggins was a rotation player before Smith got hurt

he was definitely not meaningfully contributing on a nightly basis.

im telling you- use that definition as a guide and it becomes incredibly easy to assess- and it has nothing to do with stats or minutes.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
go back to my definition- it makes it very easy and gives you some very well-needed clarity.

he is meaningfully contributing on a nightly basis.

The guy is the starter on the Cleveland Cavaliers. As i said- its not minutes, its not stats.

if you use that definition it makes it very easy.

you dont get into stupid things like arguing if a guy playing 12 minutes a night and having his ass glued to the bench for the last 3 weeks is a rotation player. Just think of how absurd that sounds- i seriously am at a loss that we are even arguing about it. Its ludicrous.

DeAndre Liggins has been meaningfully contributing to the Cavs on a nightly basis for the past month and is likely to continue doing so going forward.

now- he can without a doubt drop out of it- if he is playing terrible- and Dunleavy gets his shot going and Lue wants to go in another direection and Liggins finds that he is getting 6 DNP-CD's in a row and then he get sent to the dleague--- then he would DEFINITELY not be in the rotation.

And nobody is saying McCaw is in the rotation now.

Seriously though, I am at a loss that we are arguing about this because you are so clearly 100% wrong and it isn't even funny.

McCaw was just as much a part of the warriors rotation in November as Liggins is a part of the Cavs rotation now. End of discussion.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not yet...it was getting close- but you didnt know when you showed up to the stadium if Liggins would be playing anything more than a token couple minutes a night as a defensive replacement at the end of quarters...once in a while he would get some run- and he was playing well and starting to earn more time- but i would NOT say that Liggins was a rotation player before Smith got hurt

he was definitely not meaningfully contributing on a nightly basis.

im telling you- use that definition as a guide and it becomes incredibly easy to assess- and it has nothing to do with stats or minutes.

Hey, you are the one bringing up stats and minutes.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And nobody is saying McCaw is in the rotation now.

Seriously though, I am at a loss that we are arguing about this because you are so clearly 100% wrong and it isn't even funny.

McCaw was just as much a part of the warriors rotation in November as Liggins is a part of the Cavs rotation now. End of discussion.
LOL are you on crack?

just as much? Liggins is STARTING and playing well over 20 minutes a game and many times covers the teams best perimeter player.

you watched the Golden State game. He shadowed Curry for much of it

if your brain really cannot see the difference between:

playing 12 minutes a night--- and starting for the Cleveland Cavaliers and playing over 20 minutes a game and defending the opposing teams best perimeter player- i cant help ya.

i am glad that you can finally admit that McCaw- on Janaury 5, 2017 is NOT in the Warriors rotation. That makes me feel like there just might be hope for you yet ;)

im telling you embrace my definition and it gives you a lot of clarity that i think will really help.

IS THE PLAYER MEANINGFULLY CONTRIBUTING ON A NIGHTLY BASIS.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kia Rookie Ladder: Patrick McCaw finds role -- albeit a small one -- on Warriors - NBA.com
Patrick McCaw is playing for the Golden State Warriors as a rookie.

Maybe it reads too much like a basic statement when the actual phrasing should be:

Patrick McCaw is playing for the Warriors as a rookie!

Not a lot – 12.2 minutes in 26 appearances. And those minutes have come largely in blowouts, those feast moments for reserves deeper in the Golden State rotation.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are making a separate deal with Blazers. They will trade their 2017 1st to get their 2018 first back, sources said.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL are you on crack?

just as much? Liggins is STARTING and playing well over 20 minutes a game and many times covers the teams best perimeter player.

you watched the Golden State game. He shadowed Curry for much of it

if your brain really cannot see the difference between:

playing 12 minutes a night--- and starting for the Cleveland Cavaliers and playing over 20 minutes a game and defending the opposing teams best perimeter player- i cant help ya.

i am glad that you can finally admit that McCaw- on Janaury 5, 2017 is NOT in the Warriors rotation. That makes me feel like there just might be hope for you yet ;)

im telling you embrace my definition and it gives you a lot of clarity that i think will really help.

IS THE PLAYER MEANINGFULLY CONTRIBUTING ON A NIGHTLY BASIS.

Your definition is actually really terrible because it is entirely subjective.

But, yes, McCaw was contributing on a nightly basis. Just not in ways obvious on the stat sheet.

And, to further bring home my point, this is why you are a total hypocrite.

Why is Liggins starting? The answer is easy. He is only starting because JR Smith is injured. If Smith were healthy, Liggins would probably be playing about 8-10 minutes off the bench. Now, not sure what would happen today, but if Klay Thompson had missed a stretch of games back in November, McCaw would have seen a large uptick in minutes also. Hell, it is possible he may have even started if Kerr wanted to continue using Iggy off the bench.

I will take it a step further with another example. When people discuss rotation players, they are not talking about starters. Yes, starters are clearly in the rotation, but you are not going to define Tristan Thompson as a "rotation player". If you were to define his role, he is a key starter.

The term rotation player is most often use to describe bench players who see nightly action. Since most bench players see less than 20 minutes of court time a night, it is really comical that you are trying to say a guy who plays 10-12 minutes is not a rotation player. It lets me know that you are talking out of your hind quarters.