• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron will opt out and sign with the Clippers

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reddick and Crawford would be out as well it looks like, and Clips already over the cap. So the clock has started on their repeater countdown.

Not a chance he ends up with Clippers. My money is that he stays right where he is.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it trolling?

I bet you Ballmer will make a strong push for Lebron in the off season. And looking at the current state of each team, Clippers has a much brighter future than the Heat.

Ohh yah, a handful of teams will be making strong pushes. And the thing about the Clips is they have the pieces around him to entice Lebron to come. Others will have to go out and get pieces to entice Lebron. But my only thing is, how much can LA even offer him in free agency, bc I think a trade the Clips will just have to give up too much.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing, while CO3 and Blake are very enticing. Lebron loves to handle the ball, IMO he goes to a team without a true point guard, it just makes sense. So that is another thing to look at in his decision.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch yourself with that shit:lol:. Every team has players on the end of the bench.

Anyway, I don't see any chance of James leaving any team who he has currently lead to 4 straight Finals.

Then consider the state of the EC and is there ANY reason to think a year from now we won't be back for a 5th?

Anyway, if he leaves here, he might as well just not ever sign anything more than 1 year deals, because the situation here is about a solid as one could ever choose to have right now.

The Heat are not that strong of a team. It is only because James is so good that this team is championship caliber. The Heat won't continue to be a good team as long as Wade doesn't give up some salary because he is a PT regular season player at this point which won't work in future years. This is the last chance at a ring for this group without some major changes. Either the Heat make a big trade or James walks, imo.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does anyone want to start so many stupid threads like this one?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat are not that strong of a team. It is only because James is so good that this team is championship caliber. The Heat won't continue to be a good team as long as Wade doesn't give up some salary because he is a PT regular season player at this point which won't work in future years. This is the last chance at a ring for this group without some major changes. Either the Heat make a big trade or James walks, imo.

Of course not - they only went to the finals four years in a row.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Allen has won so many championships, why not Ballmer? Oh wait :doh:

The Blazers never had the best player in the world on their team either. They put up some tremendous teams without the best player, though.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ballmer paid 2 Billion for the team, so it seems he is willing to spend. Do you think cheap Sterling would pay that much for a team?

Of course, you are right that it doesn't automatically make you a winner by spending money but it is a large part of the equation.

Actually, having the money to spend is only the beginning. The owner then has to be willing to spend and they have to spend wisely. Prokhorov has spent like a drunken sailor and has himself a 5 game exit in the 2nd round to show for his money.

The Knicks have had one of the highest payrolls in the NBA for a few years and what do they have to show for it?

I agree that on the surface, it looks like he will be a very good owner, but let's see what he does and how he spends, before claiming he's a better owner than anyone. The owners I mentioned all looked like they were going to be very good owners too.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh yah, a handful of teams will be making strong pushes. And the thing about the Clips is they have the pieces around him to entice Lebron to come. Others will have to go out and get pieces to entice Lebron. But my only thing is, how much can LA even offer him in free agency, bc I think a trade the Clips will just have to give up too much.

The Clips really need to clean house besides CP3, Blake, and Reddick anyway. Jordan is way over rated, Barnes sucks, collison is just okay. With or without lebron the clippers need to retool their supporting cast.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing, while CO3 and Blake are very enticing. Lebron loves to handle the ball, IMO he goes to a team without a true point guard, it just makes sense. So that is another thing to look at in his decision.

Actually they have the same problem with Wade. Wade likes to handle the ball a lot but has deferred. Only difference is CP3 is a much better playmaker than Wade which would give Lebron easier looks than he gets with wade.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade still has I'll say 2 to 3 more years playing at this level or close to it. Then most likely he is done, but that is also if he takes it slow in the regular season like he is able to do on this team.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with the James part. Put him on a handful of teams and they are where the Heat are.

As far as Wade, he is the main reason we have the Big 3, he wont be the reason it ends.

Bosh already said he will sacrifice, and I expect Wade and James to once again do the same.

Lastly, Arison WILL pay luxury tax. He can't expect the players to be the only ones to sacrifice.
When franchises are selling for 2B, its going to be pretty hard to play the don't want to pay the luxury tax card anyway going down the road for bigger market teams.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course not - they only went to the finals four years in a row.

You can't rest on your laurels forever, things will have to change in Miami sooner or later. The fact that your team went to 4 straight finals doesn't mean that Wade isn't still breaking down and the Bosh isn't soft. It's like driving around on bald tires and saying I never got into an accident for the last year so I shouldn't have to change my tires out.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually they have the same problem with Wade. Wade likes to handle the ball a lot but has deferred. Only difference is CP3 is a much better playmaker than Wade which would give Lebron easier looks than he gets with wade.

Yah, but Wade is at the end of his prime, which worked out with his injuries. Lebron is in his prime, he NEEDS and WANTS to handle the ball, he will never get to do that with CP3.

I think since Wade has a couple more years, they 2-3 more years of contending for titles especially with the weak East. He doesn't want to go to the West.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, having the money to spend is only the beginning. The owner then has to be willing to spend and they have to spend wisely. Prokhorov has spent like a drunken sailor and has himself a 5 game exit in the 2nd round to show for his money.

The Knicks have had one of the highest payrolls in the NBA for a few years and what do they have to show for it?

I agree that on the surface, it looks like he will be a very good owner, but let's see what he does and how he spends, before claiming he's a better owner than anyone. The owners I mentioned all looked like they were going to be very good owners too.

I think having the best player on the plant and loads of money usually equates to greatness. None of those teams you mention have the MVP of the world on their team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus Silver won't let Lebron go to the West. The East will be pure shit if Lebron leaves.

You would have basically all the superstars in the West and rising stars. Then the East has PG and aging role players basically. Too lopsided.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade still has I'll say 2 to 3 more years playing at this level or close to it. Then most likely he is done, but that is also if he takes it slow in the regular season like he is able to do on this team.

I see having about 1 more year being this good but with the caveat like you said of rest throughout the reg season.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the James part. Put him on a handful of teams and they are where the Heat are.

As far as Wade, he is the main reason we have the Big 3, he wont be the reason it ends.

Bosh already said he will sacrifice, and I expect Wade and James to once again do the same.

Lastly, Arison WILL pay luxury tax. He can't expect the players to be the only ones to sacrifice.
When franchises are selling for 2B, its going to be pretty hard to play the don't want to pay the luxury tax card anyway going down the road for bigger market teams.

True, however, I think Riley is actually a poor GM and really hasn't made great decision, he only has looked good because Lebron is on the Heat and has a decent supporting cast for once in his life.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, but Wade is at the end of his prime, which worked out with his injuries. Lebron is in his prime, he NEEDS and WANTS to handle the ball, he will never get to do that with CP3.

I think since Wade has a couple more years, they 2-3 more years of contending for titles especially with the weak East. He doesn't want to go to the West.

You are right, the weak east is better for him but I'm not sure the East will be that weak in the coming year. The Wizards are gaining confidence and will be much better young team that is very hungry. The nets will probably ditch Kidd which will improve their chances. Rose might actually be health (I know a big "might") With Phil running things in NY, I bet they become much improved. It would be remiss of the Heat to think that the status quo will be enough when things can change quickly even in the east.

As for CP3, I don't think he minds playing off the ball as much as people think. During the year he allowed the ball to be out of hands quite a bit. It was actually Rivers game plan to do this so I don't really see it being an issue.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus Silver won't let Lebron go to the West. The East will be pure shit if Lebron leaves.

You would have basically all the superstars in the West and rising stars. Then the East has PG and aging role players basically. Too lopsided.

Yeah, I could see that. It is better for the league to have Lebron on the east coast.

Last edited by a moderator: