• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron will opt out and sign with the Clippers

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James always had reservations about signing with Clips due to the ownership being weak. Sterling was always cheap, sure he opened up the purse in recent years but there was always a feeling that it wouldn't last. With Ballmer, we know this will not be a problem. Bosh is overrrated and Wade is on the verge of breaking down every year so he can't even give the Heat FT minutes until the playoffs start. Think about a CP3, Blake, and Lebron trio. If that doesn't blow your mind then I don't know what will. I'm sure it will blow Lebron's mind when he is able to opt out and will choose to sign with the Clippers in what would be the best choice for his career at this stage. LA has the big market that could catapult James to the stratosphere that is only shared by Jordan in his prime.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Why would he sign with a team with shaky FO/Ownership. That is the main reason he signed with Miami...Pat Riley.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Why would he sign with a team with shaky FO/Ownership. That is the main reason he signed with Miami...Pat Riley.

If Ballmer ends up owning the team then how is it shaky?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ballmer ends up owning the team then how is it shaky?

But still recently it has been shaky and I don't know if he wants to go into that situation. But can they afford him anyway? I know Lebron said he will take a paycut, but to what extent.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he join that team when he can join with steph curry the best shooter in the world ;)

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But still recently it has been shaky and I don't know if he wants to go into that situation. But can they afford him anyway? I know Lebron said he will take a paycut, but to what extent.

I don't think the Clippers can afford him without giving up a good chunk of what would make them attractive to him.

Between the Lakers and Clippers, the Lakers could afford him and would be a more attractive long term option due to history, but he's not coming to the Lakers either.

I've said it before, I think he stays in Miami as long as Riley is the GM. I think he believes in Riley's ability to get him what he needs to remain a contender or at least return him to contending status quickly if he has to go through a "Cleveland year" or 2 with the Heat.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IDK if they have the cap room but you can always find a way if the Heat would cooperate since they would be left with nothing if James just walks. They would probably have to do a sign and trade that would include Deandre Jordan, and other overpaid pieces. Lebron will probably stay in Miami if they win the ring again this year but he could have serious doubts if Bosh and Wade come up small in the Finals. My gut feeling is telling me that the Spurs win it this year so Lebron staying with this group will be less likely than people think.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he join that team when he can join with steph curry the best shooter in the world ;)

LA is a better market and the ownership of the Warriors isn't better than Ballmer.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Clippers can afford him without giving up a good chunk of what would make them attractive to him.

Between the Lakers and Clippers, the Lakers could afford him and would be a more attractive long term option due to history, but he's not coming to the Lakers either.

I've said it before, I think he stays in Miami as long as Riley is the GM. I think he believes in Riley's ability to get him what he needs to remain a contender or at least return him to contending status quickly if he has to go through a "Cleveland year" or 2 with the Heat.

Riley is useless. His off season moves included Oden and Beasley....:lol:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you for real or are you just trolling? Between this thread & the Durant thread I'm leaning towards the latter.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA is a better market and the ownership of the Warriors isn't better than Ballmer.

You might want to wait until he's actually owned the team for awhile before you make this kind of statement.

Having lots of money doesn't automatically mean great ownership. Donald Sterling had lots of money, but wouldn't spend it. Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder in the NFL and Prohkorov in the NBA have lots of money, but haven't spent it wisely.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you for real or are you just trolling? Between this thread & the Durant thread I'm leaning towards the latter.

How is it trolling?

I bet you Ballmer will make a strong push for Lebron in the off season. And looking at the current state of each team, Clippers has a much brighter future than the Heat.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it trolling?

I bet you Ballmer will make a strong push for Lebron in the off season. And looking at the current state of each team, Clippers has a much brighter future than the Heat.

:rollseyes:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley is useless. His off season moves included Oden and Beasley....:lol:

Watch yourself with that shit:lol:. Every team has players on the end of the bench.

Anyway, I don't see any chance of James leaving any team who he has currently lead to 4 straight Finals.

Then consider the state of the EC and is there ANY reason to think a year from now we won't be back for a 5th?

Anyway, if he leaves here, he might as well just not ever sign anything more than 1 year deals, because the situation here is about a solid as one could ever choose to have right now.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might want to wait until he's actually owned the team for awhile before you make this kind of statement.

Having lots of money doesn't automatically mean great ownership. Donald Sterling had lots of money, but wouldn't spend it. Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder in the NFL and Prohkorov in the NBA have lots of money, but haven't spent it wisely.

Ballmer paid 2 Billion for the team, so it seems he is willing to spend. Do you think cheap Sterling would pay that much for a team?

Of course, you are right that it doesn't automatically make you a winner by spending money but it is a large part of the equation.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it trolling?

Like Trojan stated, to make it work, the Clippers would have to give up a lot.

Then factor in how much tougher the West is, just to reach the Finals.

Not happening.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK if they have the cap room but you can always find a way if the Heat would cooperate since they would be left with nothing if James just walks. They would probably have to do a sign and trade that would include Deandre Jordan, and other overpaid pieces. Lebron will probably stay in Miami if they win the ring again this year but he could have serious doubts if Bosh and Wade come up small in the Finals. My gut feeling is telling me that the Spurs win it this year so Lebron staying with this group will be less likely than people think.

I agree, if they win it is more likely he stays in Miami, trying to win again. But if they lose, the best option is still Miami. But I just can't see him going to Chicago, LA (both), or even NY. And Cleveland is too young right now.

But we don't know what is going through Lebron's head after a ring or not.

It could be a team with a lot of money to go spend to get two other superstars to bring in.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CP3 Blake and LBJ, and that would be it since they couldn't even afford those three. Say goodbye to everyone else. Heat have shown three and role players can make it work, but you would lose Jordan and Collison for sure. Barnes play for minimum? Not sure

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Allen has won so many championships, why not Ballmer? Oh wait :doh: