• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron Is Washed

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will always hug the GOATs nuts.

I think you can make a case for Magic and Bird right there with Lebron. Lebron is great and has had a great career. But does he play 20 years in the 80s/90s?

Longevity is much easier now than it was. Which is why you have to give guys like Kareem and Stockton props

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree. That's why I have said a bunch of time LeBron isn't the GOAT.

The only thing I disagree about is how you said LeBron's been lucky to play longer than MJ. What LeBron's done isn't luck, it's dedication.

MJ's will to win. Never going to a game 7 in the Finals. His elite of the elite defensive skills. Just a few things that make him what I consider the untouchable GOAT.
You know what, you're right. Lucky isn't the right word. He's worked his damn ass off to stay healthy enough to play as many games as he has for sure.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More laughs. I haven’t even mentioned MJ

And yet you still can’t answer my question. How many points would Bird average today?

FYI a lot more offense today than back in the day. I know this hurts your feelings

Read comment # 200.

And it wouldn't matter what Bird would average today because he's not playing today. That's like asking what would Wilt do in todays game.

There's something wrong with you.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read comment # 200.

And it wouldn't matter what Bird would average today because he's not playing today. That's like asking what would Wilt do in todays game.

There's something wrong with you.

So you don’t take the eras into account? Interesting

Bird would tear up this current league. Stop dodging it. Any true Celtics fan knows this and knows how good his entire team was. The old Celts certainly weren’t like the Lebron show in Cleveland

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don’t take the eras into account? Interesting

Bird would tear up this current league. Stop dodging it. Any true Celtics fan knows this and knows how good his entire team was. The old Celts certainly weren’t like the Lebron show in Cleveland

How have I dodged anything? Again Bird's my all time favorite player. WTF is wrong with you? You're like that stupid energizer bunny, you just keep going & going & going.

Of course he'd average more in todays game. So in a lame attempt to trash LeBron you're using the argument what would Bird average today.

Did I say there's something wrong with you?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow comparing players ok. Comparing eras those players played in is difficult

:idea:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How have I dodged anything? Again Bird's my all time favorite player. WTF is wrong with you? You're like that stupid energizer bunny, you just keep going & going & going.

Of course he'd average more in todays game. So in a lame attempt to trash LeBron you're using the argument what would Bird average today.

Did I say there's something wrong with you?

Pointing out the game is different now vs then is emotional for you. A Bird and Celtics (closet Lebron fanboy) fan

Goodfellas GIF

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game was waaay more physical in 80s/90s = less points scored = less years played.

Haha is it hard? Really?

“Stop it you are diminishing Lebrons career”

— huge Celtics fan

:L

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bird had less points on stacked Celtics team and the era? Bird more boards. About same assists. Same blocks.

I love how those stats diminish Lebrons career somehow.

Tissue?
Wait, does LeBron suck because he only won titles on stacked teams or does LeBron suck because he only got his stats when he was the only good player on his NOT stacked team? It gets confusing...

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pointing out the game is different now vs then is emotional for you. A Bird and Celtics (closet Lebron fanboy) fan

Goodfellas GIF
One big difference today is the average quality and skill level of the entire league is notably higher today.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone hates the "taking my talents" debacle. He was a kid with all eyes on him and let it go to his head. needed a trusted advisor to reign him in a bit.

Buy or draft, Jordan couldn't get to the finals without Pippen/Phil and other additions. Every team needs to build itself to championship level. The Heat were practically a blank canvas when he got there, clearing the way to rebuild around him.

Seems odd for a Warriors fan to complain about buying players. They've added a lot of players to their drafted pieces over the years, whom they likely don't win some of the titles without (Wiggins, Durant, etc.).
Nope. they had just finished winning an NBA championship. They didn't buy Wiggins, they traded for him as a bust in Minnesota and they developed him.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I'm a Celtics fan you dumbass. Larry Legend's my all time favorite player.

But I can look at LeBron's career stats without total hatred and complete bias like you and see what he's accomplished. Keep trying to diminish his unmatched career. It just makes you look even more foolish.
He's known for his failures far more than his successes. That cannot be denied.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's known for his failures far more than his successes. That cannot be denied.
What failures?

The time he only won the bronze medal?

The two times he’s missed the playoffs as a non teenager?(With a Finals MVP sandwiched in between.)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you can make a case for Magic and Bird right there with Lebron. Lebron is great and has had a great career. But does he play 20 years in the 80s/90s?

Longevity is much easier now than it was. Which is why you have to give guys like Kareem and Stockton props

Your only case for Bird on par with LeBron is that he played in a tougher era.

And that isn’t even true.

It was more physical.

But basketball players are much better today.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your only case for Bird on par with LeBron is that he played in a tougher era.

And that isn’t even true.

It was more physical.

But basketball players are much better today.

Bird already has stats per game very close to Bron and played in a tougher era yes.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One big difference today is the average quality and skill level of the entire league is notably higher today.

Playing against weak defense compared to the 80s/90s? Please. Go look at the offense and points per game in the 2 eras.

Bird Magic MJ Kareem Hakeem Clyde all say bring it on. Lol

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, does LeBron suck because he only won titles on stacked teams or does LeBron suck because he only got his stats when he was the only good player on his NOT stacked team? It gets confusing...
Where did I say Lebron sucks?

Cmon don’t get emotional and go girly on me

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing against weak defense compared to the 80s/90s? Please. Go look at the offense and points per game in the 2 eras.

Bird Magic MJ Kareem Hakeem Clyde all say bring it on. Lol
Players score more today because offenses are much better and no hand checking and the 3 pointer.

The average NBA player today would be among the best 3-4 players on those old teams. Just from the foreign influx alone we know they are better today. In 1990 you didn't have Jokic and Giannis and Luka taking roster spots from American players. It's not even a value judgement, you can like what you like and prefer the older game. But humans get better at things over time especially when the competition goes global and the money involved skyrockets.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players score more today because offenses are much better and no hand checking and the 3 pointer.

The average NBA player today would be among the best 3-4 players on those old teams. Just from the foreign influx alone. In 1990 you didn't have Jokic and Giannis and Luka taking roster spots from American players. It's not even a value judgement, you can like what you like and prefer the older game. But humans get better at things over time especially when the competition goes global and the money involved skyrockets.
Duh. Yes they score more points because the no hand checking and less physical D and no one really plays any D until around February

Correct

Lol I prefer to watch b-ball where players hustle and play actual defense. March madness is great. NBA is pretty good too around now and when playoffs start