• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron Is Washed

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More laughs. I haven’t even mentioned MJ

And yet you still can’t answer my question. How many points would Bird average today?

FYI a lot more offense today than back in the day. I know this hurts your feelings
We all know who your guy is, lol. It's not a secret.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. they had just finished winning an NBA championship. They didn't buy Wiggins, they traded for him as a bust in Minnesota and they developed him.
Who has Lebron "bought"? Wade was already in Miami. Cavs drated Kyrie. Lakers traded a bunch of prospects and picks for AD. Is all of this rhetoric about Bosh?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who has Lebron "bought"? Wade was already in Miami. Cavs drated Kyrie. Lakers traded a bunch of prospects and picks for AD. Is all of this rhetoric about Bosh?
As you know, that poster doesn't know jack shit about the NBA

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know who your guy is, lol. It's not a secret.
I started watching b-ball as a kid watching Bird and Magic. First pro game was at the forum in 1987-88. Lakers Hawks. Back when they didn’t lose at home and Nique and Spud Webb put it to them. Lol

Was awesome. I still love the showtime Lakers. Magic and Bird are every bit in the conversation of who’s after Jordan. I’ll give Bron the nod over Bird because of his longevity. But you have to look at the eras and how the game was played.

Bird was a bad man. Magic and Lebron you go either way

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started watching b-ball as a kid watching Bird and Magic. First pro game was at the forum in 1987-88. Lakers Hawks. Back when they didn’t lose at home and Nique and Spud Webb put it to them. Lol

Was awesome. I still love the showtime Lakers. Magic and Bird are every bit in the conversation of who’s after Jordan. I’ll give Bron the nod over Bird because of his longevity. But you have to look at the eras and how the game was played.

Bird was a bad man. Magic and Lebron you go either way
To be honest when you're talking about the very best of the best, you can't definitely "prove" who's "better". Different coaches and teammates, different rules and positions and eras. How do you compare a SG from the 90s on team X to a center from the 60s and 70s on team Y and Z to a PG today on some other team? Once you list those top 10 or so names everyone agrees on, there's no real way to say X was BETTER than Y. They are all the best the game has ever seen.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’ve got no issue with the teams coming together to beat the next big dog on the block. Makes me respect the Warriors for doing it through the draft besides KD.

Now players colluding to team up is a little gay imo. Players back in the day on opposite teams hated each other. Hell they still hate each other. Lol. It gave us some awesome rivalries

What’s the big rivalry in todays game? 76ers and Nets hate each other I guess.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bird already has stats per game very close to Bron and played in a tougher era yes.
Wish we could’ve seen teenage Bird in the NBA, instead of for the Sycamores. Or wasting a year because Bob Knight is an asshole Bird didn’t even want to deal with.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve got no issue with the teams coming together to beat the next big dog on the block. Makes me respect the Warriors for doing it through the draft besides KD.

Now players colluding to team up is a little gay imo. Players back in the day on opposite teams hated each other. Hell they still hate each other. Lol. It gave us some awesome rivalries

What’s the big rivalry in todays game? 76ers and Nets hate each other I guess.
Warriors and Grizzlies have a pretty good rivalry going

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What failures?

The time he only won the bronze medal?

The two times he’s missed the playoffs as a non teenager?(With a Finals MVP sandwiched in between.)
All the failures to win the 8 titles he promised the Miami fans when he danced around on stage like a gorilla and promised them 8 titles. He choked badly. He choked badly in Cleveland and also in L.A.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis, Erving, Westbrook and the Bosh and he tries to force himself into a trade when he sees he can't win immediately. He never developed a team he just jumped to where he could have a chance to win right away. he is a joke.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest when you're talking about the very best of the best, you can't definitely "prove" who's "better". Different coaches and teammates, different rules and positions and eras. How do you compare a SG from the 90s on team X to a center from the 60s and 70s on team Y and Z to a PG today on some other team? Once you list those top 10 or so names everyone agrees on, there's no real way to say X was BETTER than Y. They are all the best the game has ever seen.
You’re stoned. Why would you compare a SG in the 90s to a 60-70s center?

Lol you’re equation is tarded

As far as you saying players getting better over time thats funny too. No one has been at the level of MJ since…. MJ

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis, Erving, Westbrook and the Bosh and he tries to force himself into a trade when he sees he can't win immediately. He never developed a team he just jumped to where he could have a chance to win right away. he is a joke.

He’s definitely not going to get a job as a GM down the road.

As far as a player I never expected Lebron to stay and be the Cleveland Lebrons. He wasn’t going to win a ring by himself

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the failures to win the 8 titles he promised the Miami fans when he danced around on stage like a gorilla and promised them 8 titles. He choked badly. He choked badly in Cleveland and also in L.A.
I will say The Dallas finals loss was a bad look. I do think it’s funny that it was everyone else’s fault they lost 3 in a row after up 2-1, not Lebrons.

Kind of a broken record actually. Lebron got his but it was everyone else on the teams fault.

LA has been a shit show. He’s just hanging on to try to win another one while padding his stats on an 8th place squad at best

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors and Grizzlies have a pretty good rivalry going
Yeah Ja sure can talk some shit but he’s got some game too. Needs to stay healthy and trust his teammates

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bird already has stats per game very close to Bron and played in a tougher era yes.

He really doesn’t though.

A few advanced stats for their careers:

PER
LeBron: 27.3
Bird: 23.5

Bird had 1 season higher than LeBron’s career average

True Shooting
LeBron: 58.8%
Bird: 56.4%

Bird has 2 seasons better than LeBron’s career average

Win shares per 48
LeBron: .227
Bird: .203

Bird has 4 seasons greater than LeBron’s average

BPM:
LeBron: 8.8
Bird: 6.9

Bird 2 seasons equal to, 1 season better than LeBron career average

Bird’s very best seasons are on par with LeBron’s average season. LeBron’s peak is way above Bird’s.

And LeBron has already played 7 more years than Bird.

He started younger, and played til an older age.

It is an open and shut case. Statistical production in the range of 80-85% is not close enough to justify your era argument.

Which, by the way, isn’t even true.

The average NBA team scored between 108 and 111 points a game throughout Bird’s heyday in the 80s.

The average team scored between 96 and 103 points for the bulk of LeBron’s career through 2016.it has only been the last few seasons that scoring has approached numbers from the 80s.

So LeBron has actually played in the far more difficult era to compile stats.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players score more today because offenses are much better and no hand checking and the 3 pointer.

The average NBA player today would be among the best 3-4 players on those old teams. Just from the foreign influx alone we know they are better today. In 1990 you didn't have Jokic and Giannis and Luka taking roster spots from American players. It's not even a value judgement, you can like what you like and prefer the older game. But humans get better at things over time especially when the competition goes global and the money involved skyrockets.

It isn’t even true that the 80s were tougher.

Scoring in the league over the last few years is actually right on par with the 80s. Only this season has it gone significantly higher.

For most of LeBron’s career, the average team scored about 10-15 PPG less than what the average team scored during the 80s.

It is a total myth that defense was better back then.

90s?

Yeah.

But the 90s and the early 2000s were also blighted with bad offense. LeBron played more years of low scoring point totals than Bird.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really doesn’t though.

A few advanced stats for their careers:

PER
LeBron: 27.3
Bird: 23.5

Bird had 1 season higher than LeBron’s career average

True Shooting
LeBron: 58.8%
Bird: 56.4%

Bird has 2 seasons better than LeBron’s career average

Win shares per 48
LeBron: .227
Bird: .203

Bird has 4 seasons greater than LeBron’s average

BPM:
LeBron: 8.8
Bird: 6.9

Bird 2 seasons equal to, 1 season better than LeBron career average

Bird’s very best seasons are on par with LeBron’s average season. LeBron’s peak is way above Bird’s.

And LeBron has already played 7 more years than Bird.

He started younger, and played til an older age.

It is an open and shut case. Statistical production in the range of 80-85% is not close enough to justify your era argument.

Which, by the way, isn’t even true.

The average NBA team scored between 108 and 111 points a game throughout Bird’s heyday in the 80s.

The average team scored between 96 and 103 points for the bulk of LeBron’s career through 2016.it has only been the last few seasons that scoring has approached numbers from the 80s.

So LeBron has actually played in the far more difficult era to compile stats.

Lol. You’re splitting hairs Homie. It’s very close on a per game basis and you said yourself Bird played in a tougher era. Bird averaged more boards and about the same assists. Same blocks and steals. Bird tears up todays league shooting.

As usual, we look at nothing, but offensive stats in here as well. :L same shit different day

Are you saying Lebron is a better pure shooter than Bird? Haha that’s funny as hell.

Last edited:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting facts:

1986 Celtics had four players average more than 15 points a game.

2020 bubble Lakers had two players averaging over 15 a game.

2012 Miami Heat had three players average more than 15 points a game.

These are Lebrons good teams. Lol. All of LeBron’s teams have been LeBron heavy. The bad teams were extremely Lebron heavy. None of those Celtics teams were Bird heavy. This matters when you play a team game and you share the ball on offense

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's known for his failures far more than his successes. That cannot be denied.

Only to people like you. But you've always been critical of black players. Nothing new with you.