• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron is a fraud

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you think those other FA's were waiting on? Who do you think several teams with cap space were waiting on? When a player like Lebron hits free agency, he sets the pace because teams can't/won't make moves until they know what he's going to do and what salary he's going to demand. This puts free agency for pretty much everyone else, in limbo.

The worst thing that could happen to those teams would have been for Lebron to say: "I really considered going there, but they used up their cap space".

Of course there were a lot of people waiting for the biggest chip to fall. But everyone didn't sign the day after LeBron did. Some did. Some did the next week. Some did the next week. Some are still making up their mind.

I'm just saying that waiting to be sure of a decision at the expense of prospective employers and current/prospective coworkers is an element of almost every career decision that happens by anyone... at least one's who are good enough at what they do to have the luxury of taking time to make sure they're sure... including many of the NBA free agents.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is going to lead the cavs in points, assist, and steals....

You don't think miami knew they had to get younger? I don't get what is so hard to understand. Nobody was trading for those guys so we had to deal with it and wait until this year to improve in that aspect. You make it seem as if LeBron did not know this when he signed.

How was Miami upgrading? I'm really confident you know nothing about the nba. They had no money to sign any pieces worth a damn. Who were they trade pieces? Chalmers or cole? I would love to know how you can upgrade when you have no money, no trade pieces, or no 1st round picks. Stop talking garbage. As I said before LeBron expects an all star at all 15 roster spots.....he needs to play soccer. Our roster was it was. Really nothing they could have done except make low risk/high reward type moves which is what Beasley & oden were. They can't help it if players choose to opt in with their player option

Yeah, failing to provide a situation/roster good enough to dissuade LeBron from leaving doesn't necessarily indicate a failure. There's a lot of luck involved... and there's 29 other teams trying their hardest to beat your situation. And then there's the fact that LeBron's oppinion of which situation is better is just that... an opinion.

Its just business. There was another situation that, at least to LeBron, seemed better (not just from a roster standpoint, but all the factors).

As for LeBron expecting "an all star at all 15 roster spots".... that's obviously an overstatement... but even taking that into account seems unfair. Let's not forget the 7 years in Cleveland, or the fact that LeBron committed to the Cavs this year well before there was any guarantee of getting Love. Every player in the NBA should (and largely does) want the best teammates they can get (at least the ones good enough to start on a great roster). Some just have more power to influence that happening than others.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with the bolded. Here's why: You can make a case that he actually handled it worse this time. While I believe that he had his decision made considerably earlier than he announced it last time. I think that he was more legitimately listening to other teams offers. The reason I think that is because at that time he didn't know for sure that "the big 3" could actually happen. It hadn't been done before. So, in that instance, I think he legitimately listened to other teams in case the Heat thing couldn't be done.

This time, he knew it could be done and Riley had shown him how. I believe that he knew very shortly after the finals ended that he was gone. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if at some point down the road we learn that he went into the playoffs thinking "If we don't win the title, I'm gone."

He had the secret spy vs. spy meeting with Dan Gilbert. He had Riley flying across the country to meet with him while the moving vans were at his house in Miami. He had Mitch Kupchak and a couple of other GM's fly in to Cleveland after he met with Riley. Pau Gasol and Mike Miller knew what his intentions were before Bosh and Wade did. "His letter" was apparently already written at least a few days before he met with Riley, etc. I believe that the meeting with Riley and other GM's were done simply to give the appearance that he was "struggling" with his decision.

It's his free agency and it's his right to handle it how he wants to. But that doesn't mean he handled it well and/or should be free from criticism.

For the sake of argument let' say you're right. One thing that you did not comment on is the fact that Lebron, Wade and and Bosh had secret meetings and colluded to be on the same team and they passed that information on to Pat Riley in the same manner that Dan Gilbert knew this time that Lebron was coming back. That can be evidenced by the fact that almost a year before Riley traded his long term contracts so that he had no contracts to stop him from signing those three, so here is the thing about that.

If you're okay with that then you can't honestly say The Dan Gilbert situation was any different. If you're Pat Riley and you got the heads up that Lebron was going to sign with you along with Bosch, then common sense would tell you that Lebron might stick it it to you the next time if the tide changes the wrong way. All I'm saying is it looks like a full circle to from where I'm sitting. Not saying Lebron was right, but Riley got four trips to the finals out of it and Lebon as you said was a free agent that could do what he wanted to

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season is right around the Corner. Please keep the A/C on at all times.

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He admitted that he most likely would have stayed in Miami if they won vs the Spurs.

As I suspected before he didn't leave Miami to "go home". He left Miami because he saw a better opportunity (in his opinion) and wanted to continue to chase rings.

This isn't being a fraud. This is just a smart plan on his part.

Why should he stay in Miami and continue to carry DWade who can't even play a full season any more. If they would have beat the Spurs he would have stuck around and tried to go for 4 in a row. But since they couldn't even win 3 in a row there was no sense in wasting more of his career there. Especially when he had a chance to redeem himself in his own home town.

That's not being a fraud. That's just being smart.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He admitted that he most likely would have stayed in Miami if they won vs the Spurs.

As I suspected before he didn't leave Miami to "go home". He left Miami because he saw a better opportunity (in his opinion) and wanted to continue to chase rings.

No shit thats why he went to Miami in the first place. People were telling you bandwagon Heat fans this when "the decision" happened. Wake up already. Just saying.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Jordan or Bird ever held scoreless in the second half? Just curious...

That's a really hard stat to come by.

Stats didn't start tracking events by quarter until the 2000-2001 season. You can't even access it through individual game logs, you'd have to get access to game film to figure a lot of that out. There may be some stat group out there pouring over film and compiling such a database... if there is its not likely publicly accessible.

For example, you can go see how many points Michael Jordan scored against the Knicks on Mar 28, 1995.... but how many did he score in each quarter? You'll have to look at film or find a very specific recap article.

Michael Jordan did have a handful of scoreless 2nd halves with the Wizards (you can find those games because it was after the year 2000), but he was obviously out of his prime and playing a different role then.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a really hard stat to come by.

Stats didn't start tracking events by quarter until the 2000-2001 season. You can't even access it through individual game logs, you'd have to get access to game film to figure a lot of that out. There may be some stat group out there pouring over film and compiling such a database... if there is its not likely publicly accessible.

For example, you can go see how many points Michael Jordan scored against the Knicks on Mar 28, 1995.... but how many did he score in each quarter? You'll have to look at film or find a very specific recap article.

Michael Jordan did have a handful of scoreless 2nd halves with the Wizards (you can find those games because it was after the year 2000), but he was obviously out of his prime and playing a different role then.

Thanks for chiming in. I didn't know that, about stat tracking.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit thats why he went to Miami in the first place. People were telling you bandwagon Heat fans this when "the decision" happened. Wake up already. Just saying.

His last year in Cleveland he said numerous times that he was going to choose whoever gave him the best chance to win, so he did exactly what he said.

When he left Miami, he created that bullshit need to go home story, so what are you talking about?

And thanks for using the word bandwagon in your post.
It's only the millionth time in a row.

Talk about a 1 trick pony.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His last year in Cleveland he said numerous times that he was going to choose whoever gave him the best chance to win, so he did exactly what he said.

When he left Miami, he created that bullshit need to go home story, so what are you talking about?

:pound:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I don't agree with the use of the word "bandwagon" re: most of the Heat fans here. I'm pretty sure that what Malibu was talking about was that he would show no more loyalty to the Heat than he did the Cavs. That's what the "haters" were telling Heat fans 4 years ago.

Had the Heat won again, he'd have stayed. However, they didn't and so he ran off to what he see's as "greener pastures".

If Gilbert hadn't handed over the franchise to him and he felt that another team gave him a better chance to win or had an owner that would hand over their franchise, he'd have gone there.

He appears to have little or no loyalty. I think we all know that if he starts feeling like things aren't going to work in Cleveland or that the opportunity has passed them by, he'll leave again. Just seems like that's who he is.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Truth hurts don't it? I love how all of you bandwagon fans seem to have the need to respond to my posts. I say jump and the bandwagon Heat and Cavs fan say how high? Just saying.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I don't agree with the use of the word "bandwagon" re: most of the Heat fans here. I'm pretty sure that what Malibu was talking about was that he would show no more loyalty to the Heat than he did the Cavs. That's what the "haters" were telling Heat fans 4 years ago.

Had the Heat won again, he'd have stayed. However, they didn't and so he ran off to what he see's as "greener pastures".

If Gilbert hadn't handed over the franchise to him and he felt that another team gave him a better chance to win or had an owner that would hand over their franchise, he'd have gone there.

He appears to have little or no loyalty. I think we all know that if he starts feeling like things aren't going to work in Cleveland or that the opportunity has passed them by, he'll leave again. Just seems like that's who he is.

LeBron is just like some of his bandwagon fans. Many posters were saying LeBron was going to bandwagon some where else knowing that Wade was getting old and it happened. Heat fans didn't want to believe it but it was obvious it was going to happen. Some of you just admit you were wrong. Just saying.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont understand all the hate on LBJ. If a great FA left his home team to go to a team to have a chance at a title (re: Shaq to LA, then to Miami), you guys (Heat and Lakers) would say he wants to win.

Heck in a way thats what Love did??????????????

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it me or does he look like he is on the decline. His shot looks off and he doesn't look motivative. Weird to see Cavs struggle like this.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got two theories for Lebron's struggles:

1) He's lied about his age and he's really 33. It all makes sense. He's always looked older than he is and his hair line keeps receding. So now his body is breaking down like most 33 year olds only he can't come out and say it because he's been lying about his age the whole time!

2) The League busted him for PEDs but instead of making it a HUGE scandel that's a bad look for everyone, they made some kind of backroom deal. Now off the PEDs, he's lost a ton of weight and muscle mass and looks less explosive. It all adds up!

:tinfoil3: