• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron is a fraud

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
best player on cavs led team in the 1st preseason game...the other joined team from miami

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does everyone try to frame LeBron's decision with 1 catch-all reason?

Yes. The Cavs actually offered a good situation and without that situation... no way he goes back.

Yes. If the Heat had won, that absolutely would've added another element and might have changed the final decision. For LeBron to dismiss that possibility outright would be disingenuous and would likely draw criticism from the same people criticizing his answer now.

And, for heavens sakes, YES. The fact that CLE is his home and he feels a strong connection to the place and feels like he has unfinished business there had an impact on his decision. The biggest, IMO. If there was a chance to go to a great situation in Phoenix, or Detroit, or Toronto, do you really think LeBron would've left Miami for there. (Actually, Phoenix did have a pretty great situation).

Using that quote as the brush to paint LeBron as a fraud is quite the stretch IMO.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes. The Cavs actually offered a good situation and without that situation... no way he goes back.

Yes. If the Heat had won, that absolutely would've added another element and might have changed the final decision. For LeBron to dismiss that possibility outright would be disingenuous and would likely draw criticism from the same people criticizing his answer now.

And, for heavens sakes, YES. The fact that CLE is his home and he feels a strong connection to the place and feels like he has unfinished business there had an impact on his decision. The biggest, IMO. If there was a chance to go to a great situation in Phoenix, or Detroit, or Toronto, do you really think LeBron would've left Miami for there. (Actually, Phoenix did have a pretty great situation).

Using that quote as the brush to paint LeBron as a fraud is quite the stretch IMO.

:agree: It's the same old thing for the last four years. Either way someone is going to slam Lebron for his decisions. It's his life, his destiny and his right to decide.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's not what anyone is doing (or at least not the majority). The issue isn't that Lebron left Miami anymore than it was when he left Cleveland. The issue is and always has been, the classless, self-absorbed, "Look at me. I'm doing this because I can" WAY that he left.

The only difference between what Lebron did this time and what he did when he left the Cavs is that he didn't have a t.v. show this time. However, he still dragged out his announcement far longer than necessary, holding up much of free agency while everyone talked about him and waited for him to announce a decision that had already been made by the time the buzzer sounded in his last game.

That's why Lebron gets bashed, NOT because he exercised his rights as a free agent. Don't get me wrong, Lebron is the best player in the game today and I wish the lakers could have gotten him. However, even if they did, I would be no less critical on how he left.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what anyone is doing (or at least not the majority). The issue isn't that Lebron left Miami anymore than it was when he left Cleveland. The issue is and always has been, the classless, self-absorbed, "Look at me. I'm doing this because I can" WAY that he left.

The only difference between what Lebron did this time and what he did when he left the Cavs is that he didn't have a t.v. show this time. However, he still dragged out his announcement far longer than necessary, holding up much of free agency while everyone talked about him and waited for him to announce a decision that had already been made by the time the buzzer sounded in his last game.

That's why Lebron gets bashed, NOT because he exercised his rights as a free agent. Don't get me wrong, Lebron is the best player in the game today and I wish the lakers could have gotten him. However, even if they did, I would be no less critical on how he left.

Yeah, that's a different conversation. I was replying to bk's initial post.

As far as LeBron dragging out the process... I just don't see any reason to think that he waited as long as he did for the attention. He avoided the spotlight as much as possible during those few weeks. If he cared about attention he could've milked it a lot more.

Its possible, I guess. And maybe that would say something about his character, but even then it wouldn't really bother me. Same with any other player. If you're good enough at what you do... you have the ability to take your time with your employment decisions. Good for you.

For me, the bottom line is that anyone making a decision on who to work for and where to live with their family... take as much time as you want. Most people aren't in a position to take too long, because a lot of opportunities aren't going to sit around and wait for your timetable. But I have been in a situation where I could take as much time as I wanted and my employment opportunity wouldn't be effected... and I took my sweet time. I had the luxury of being careful and making sure I was sure... and took advantage of that. Obviously.. there wasn't any media or fans or anyone outside of my close friends and family that gave a damn... so "doing it for attention" wasn't an issue :-)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like Ray Ray is coming to Cleveland as well....

the rich get richer....

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like Ray Ray is coming to Cleveland as well....

the rich get richer....

Sure about that?

And as far as cliches," the bigger they come, the harder they fall".

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As far as LeBron dragging out the process... I just don't see any reason to think that he waited as long as he did for the attention. He avoided the spotlight as much as possible during those few weeks. If he cared about attention he could've milked it a lot more.

Its possible, I guess. And maybe that would say something about his character, but even then it wouldn't really bother me. Same with any other player. If you're good enough at what you do... you have the ability to take your time with your employment decisions. Good for you.

For me, the bottom line is that anyone making a decision on who to work for and where to live with their family... take as much time as you want. Most people aren't in a position to take too long, because a lot of opportunities aren't going to sit around and wait for your timetable. But I have been in a situation where I could take as much time as I wanted and my employment opportunity wouldn't be effected... and I took my sweet time. I had the luxury of being careful and making sure I was sure... and took advantage of that. Obviously.. there wasn't any media or fans or anyone outside of my close friends and family that gave a damn... so "doing it for attention" wasn't an issue :-)

As an auditor I have been with the same company for well over a decade to 15 years and you never said it better because guess what? The main company I work for now called me and asked me to work for them. I didn't call them. I have picked up part time work for two other companies over the last year, dropped one and trying out the other and each company called me - I didn't either one of them. And to top it all off, my brother called both of them and they told him flat out they was not interested in him even though he was doing the same type of work before me. That's because I am good at what I do as you said and I have options and right now I opt to work at $38 an hour. I turn down the ones at $28.00

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

another factor is he took all that time just to accept an opt out after 1 year. pretth much he can do this all over again next year. scenario fo irvimg going down again and they lose 2nd round its likely he will consider all options to team up with multiple all stars

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree for a couple reasons. His decision was made by the final buzzer of last years finals. There was no reason for him to have Riley fly across the country to meet with him because he knew he wasn't coming back to the Heat. He did it because he could, not because he was undecided. He had already had his clandestine "spy vs. spy" meeting with Gilbert and if memory serves, the moving trucks were already at his house.

Also, he had teammates (and the majority of the rest of the NBA) waiting to make moves until he finally announced his decision. I agree that he's the best in the game and had the right to exercise that power. However, he could show better character by NOT exercising that power when he doesn't need to.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree for a couple reasons. His decision was made by the final buzzer of last years finals. There was no reason for him to have Riley fly across the country to meet with him because he knew he wasn't coming back to the Heat. He did it because he could, not because he was undecided. He had already had his clandestine "spy vs. spy" meeting with Gilbert and if memory serves, the moving trucks were already at his house.

Also, he had teammates (and the majority of the rest of the NBA) waiting to make moves until he finally announced his decision. I agree that he's the best in the game and had the right to exercise that power. However, he could show better character by NOT exercising that power when he doesn't need to.

:agree::yahoo::10:

As a Heat fan I was going to hate this decision regardless. He could have called me up personally discussed it with me for an hour on the phone... and I still would have hated him for it.

He knew he was leaving. He didn't even talk to Bosh. Bosh deserved better. Making a 70 year old man in Riley fly across the country just cause is a douche move. Gasol knew, Mike Miller knew.. Wade/Bosh/Riley didn't?

Also in that letter he thanked a lot of people. Notice one group of people left out? The fans? I don't think that was a mistake. We all know the letter was orchestrated by his PR. And it was good. But it was read...re-read.. and the re-read again about 50 times before it was sent to SI. The group of people who supported him while the whole NBA world was crushing him in 2011 is the group he leaves out.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF his mind was truly, 100% made up weeks before the announcement... I would agree that there might be something there to criticize his character with. (Although you could still argue his right to manage his timeline from a PR/marketing side of things. Ultimately his obligation to his family >>>> any obligation to co-workers or employer)

That's a huge IF though. From the reliably sourced info that's out there, I just don't think its a fair leap to
that assumption. Having meetings... even meetings that go very well... does not mean any decision has been made.

The Cavs were notified minutes before the SI article went live that LeBron was committing to them. Before that, no commitment was made. Even if he was heavily leaning towards going... that was subject to change until he committed. And it was his right to wait until he was completely sure before completely committing.

I know I'm a LeBron fan... but I would honestly have the same take on any player in the league.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is like turning into a really bad episode of Jersey Shore.

theScore

On Saturday, LeBron James will square off with his former Miami Heat teammates for the first time since opting to leave South Beach for a return to the Cleveland Cavaliers in July.
It's just a preseason game, and so it hardly counts as an actual meeting between James and his former Big Three compatriots Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. Still, with the game taking place in Brazil as part of the league's Global Games initiative, the hype machine has been fired up, as much as it can be for an exhibition contest.
For his part, James isn't too worked up.
"It's not much of an issue for me going up against Miami," James said Tuesday. "It's a preseason game. It's in Brazil so it's not really on an NBA floor, as well."
Head coach David Blatt downplayed it as well, suggesting that getting a preseason battle out of the way will actually take the pressure off both teams for their first regular season meeting. That meeting occurs on Christmas Day, one of the league's marquee days on the calendar.
Don't expect Bosh to be hosting James for Christmas dinner after the game.
On Tuesday, Bosh revealed that he has not spoken to James since the superstar left the Heat, and said he didn't know if he was looking forward to seeing his former teammate.
"Yeah ... I don't know," Bosh said. "I'm in the mode where I'm trying to lead my team, help these guys out around here. If guys aren't in this locker room, I don't have much time for them if any."
The Heat don't have a choice but to try and move on. James isn't on their team anymore, and they have a talented squad that could make noise in the second tier of the Eastern Conference. They'll surely get fired up for the Dec. 25 meeting, but as far as preseason is concerned, there are larger details to focus on.

:pop2:

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can't possibly prove that.

I'm with TLF, you are in fact a Miami apologist. Everyone is quick to knock Dan Gilbert for his "slave-owner" mentality, but everyone gives Riley a pass for what in reality is actually a legit slave-owner attitude:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF12_t1cVEY]The GodFather Pat Riley talks to the media about the Heat losing in The Finals and not overreacting. - YouTube[/ame]

Remember his mentor was Adolph Rupp, a known racist...

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron knew he was leaving. That has been proven. Guys like Pau and Mike Miller admitted he told them well in advanced. SI has said the had the essay in their possession prior to Riley flying out there. Try to pay attention.

And shocking a 70 year old white man used to know someone that was racist. WOW. What's next captain obvious? My grandfather was a mentor to me and also was a racist. Just because you know someone and even consider them a mentor doesnt mean you accept all their views and lifestyles.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Sheridan knew the Sunday before he signed that it was a stone cold lock but the Cavs did not? Please. Lebron wasted Pat's time by having that BS meeting just to keep Miami holding out that he signs back so they wouldn't be able to go after Melo.

He did not want Miami to still have a title contender and he knew if they replaced him with Melo and signed a few role players, they would be right up there with a great chance to win the East.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't possibly prove that.

I'm with TLF, you are in fact a Miami apologist. Everyone is quick to knock Dan Gilbert for his "slave-owner" mentality, but everyone gives Riley a pass for what in reality is actually a legit slave-owner attitude:

The GodFather Pat Riley talks to the media about the Heat losing in The Finals and not overreacting. - YouTube

Remember his mentor was Adolph Rupp, a known racist...

Guess Flauge and bks proved you wrong there. Also, I'm no Heat apologist. I just know bullshit when I read it and hear it and what Lebron has been spewing is bullshit.

But hey, congrats on being a Lebron apologist.