• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron FA saga is old to say the least; He need to man up...

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look back a couple pages there were a few of us discussing it yesterday.

I love it and think it is the biggest difference between Blatt and Lue.
My mistake-I wasn't logged on until last night. But no thanks, don't feel like looking back a few pages.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs offense is absolutely horrendous. If their 3's are not falling in they crumble badly. Their offense, aside from LeBron, consists of passing the ball around the perimeter for an open 3. That's really it. I'm not over simplifying it. It is that simple. LeBron provides a threat taking it to the basket but other than that, it's just 4 players positioned along the perimeter waiting for the basket to shoot an open 3.

This is the exact reason why the Cavs have been so inconsistent. They have a great game, usually because the 3 point shots are falling in, followed by a few subpar games where their 3point shots are as good as turnovers. What a waste of talent!! A lot of the blame falls on the coach, regardless of who you is coaching the team.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he was also one of the primary owners that nixed the CP3 to the Lakers trade. Plus, he was totally against the idea of super teams during the last CBA negotiations to where his side was able to implement the luxury tax penalties you see now. Ironic that he's now the one that's paying the most for this.

Owners for NBA teams are rarely in the spot light. When we've seen Gilbert, it's more often than not been in a negative setting.

In addition to the "letter", it's time for people to get over this as well. The Chris Paul trade had nothing to do with Gilbert. It's easy to forget that the LEAGUE owned the New Orleans Hornets at the time and ultimately had final say in any moves the Hornets made, because it would have been an AWFUL trade for them. If it weren't for this, then Chris Paul would indeed be a Laker...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's great.

There shouldn't be 2 sets of rules.

If Kyrie or Love would have done that, Lebron would have had a Twitter meltdown.

Yes and no. Phil used to say that he wasn't interested in treating players equally, he was interested in treating them fairly. The rules are a bit different for a franchise player than they are for pretty much everyone else.

For example, you give guys like MJ, Kobe, KD, CP3, etc. some latitude and at least run potential trade or FA acquisitions past them, when you wouldn't do that for the "regular guys."

That being said, creating distractions because you can't stop yourself from posting stupid crap on social media is a dumb idea no matter who you are and I think that in the long run, Lue and Griffin calling Lebron out on that will be good for the Cavs.

Although, it does say something that they had to do this with a guy who's been in the league for 14 years.

Last edited:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition to the "letter", it's time for people to get over this as well. The Chris Paul trade had nothing to do with Gilbert. It's easy to forget that the LEAGUE owned the New Orleans Hornets at the time and ultimately had final say in any moves the Hornets made, because it would have been an AWFUL trade for them. If it weren't for this, then Chris Paul would indeed be a Laker...

He had nothing to do with the trade but everything to do with nixing the trade. Him and Cuban. The league was perfectly fine with trade. Stern had no issues. It was a great trade for the league. Keep the league cash cow on top. The optics and timing were just bad. They shouldn't immediately have done the trade following the new CBA. The trade wasn't awful. New Orleans hasn't exactly been lighting the league up since.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, Gilbert had a lot to do with it. The trade was already a done deal and had even been announced when Gilbert and Cuban had their hissy fits. Without him and Cuban bitching about the trade and claiming it was unfair, the trade goes through with no issues. The trade was actually fair all the way around. It left the Hornets without a superstar (which they lost anyway when CP3 went to the Clippers), but with a slightly better team overall.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilbert should push him though. Sign a long term deal with the stipulation he will always be the highest paid player in the NBA. That way we can all laugh when LeBrons deal is worth 30,000,001.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were Lebrown and I wanted to win a championship for Cleveland, I'd sign a contract with the Cavs for minimum wage provided they take the salary they'd otherwise pay me and use it to sign other great players.

Seriously, I don't understand why he doesn't do this.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: The trade at the time was actually viewed as beneficial for all teams involved at the time. Initially, the league didn't have issues with the trade, it was owners like Cuban and Gilbert who pushed for the league to veto the trade.

I don't have to get over shit. Gilbert doesn't cause me grief in my life or anything related to it. I think he's a douche bag and a horrible owner. He also likes to take subtle cheap shots (as he did in the Finals last year) through twitter (I don't follow him). His personality and actions have proven this. Like I said before, you and Wiggy get a long so well because you two are simply dumb fucks.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were Lebrown and I wanted to win a championship for Cleveland, I'd sign a contract with the Cavs for minimum wage provided they take the salary they'd otherwise pay me and use it to sign other great players.

Seriously, I don't understand why he doesn't do this.

Well, it's kind of too late to do this. I'm not going to look up the Cavs salary, but they're way over the luxury tax threshold as is. They have 3 high paid players in Irving, Love, and Thompson. Also, Shumpert is making around $10 mil per year.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mistake-I wasn't logged on until last night. But no thanks, don't feel like looking back a few pages.

Meh...I had no problem discussing it again.

But, yeah......Russ and Gordon expressed their thoughts a few pages back and the consensus was it's a good thing because Blatt would have been to terrified to do it.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's kind of too late to do this. I'm not going to look up the Cavs salary, but they're way over the luxury tax threshold as is. They have 3 high paid players in Irving, Love, and Thompson. Also, Shumpert is making around $10 mil per year.

It's not too late. Any contact can be vacated provided both parties agree.

I don't understand why what other Cavs players make has to do with my suggestion. Say Lebron is making $18MM - the Cavs could take that $18MM and sign someone else, doesn't matter what Shumpert is making.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking Lebron's 16-17 salary out of it, the Cavs are on the hook for a little over $81 million. This includes Smith and Mo Williams player options (that they're likely to cash in on).

Cleveland Cavaliers: Team salaries and contracts

The salary cap will go up to $89 million next season. The Cavs would have to fill out the roster with 5 spots (would be 4 with Lebron's hypothetical minimum salary). Simply put, they can't do much even if Lebron said fuck it, I'm taking the minimum. Only thing this does is make Gilbert's luxury tax less of a burden.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not too late. Any contact can be vacated provided both parties agree.

I don't understand why what other Cavs players make has to do with my suggestion. Say Lebron is making $18MM - the Cavs could take that $18MM and sign someone else, doesn't matter what Shumpert is making.

Look at my previous post.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you understand.

No, I do. I don't think you understand how the salary cap works. Basically, the Cavs have other large contracts on their roster where Lebron making the max or the minimum gives them little in terms of making significant roster improvements. This isn't a hard concept to grasp.

The math is there.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I do. I don't think you understand how the salary cap works. Basically, the Cavs have other large contracts on their roster where Lebron making the max or the minimum gives them little in terms of making significant roster improvements. This isn't a hard concept to grasp.

The math is there.

Yeah, just like I thought. You don't get it.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, just like I thought. You don't get it.

Hahahaha, I do. The salary cap isn't just black and white. Just because you take out X salary, doesn't mean you can replace it with X, particularly when a team is way over the salary cap like the Cavs. Look up Bird Rights and salary cap, then get at me. Ask anyone else on this forum, even Wiggy (who him and I rarely agree on anything), and they'll agree with me.