• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron FA saga is old to say the least; He need to man up...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I'm in no position to lecture an elder and a more-successful human being on how he conducts himself in life...

Oh, what the fuck - Dude, it's time to man up and sign a long-term deal with someone to close out your career so people once and for all can finally stop talking about your free agency prospects. From all his social media antics about his off-day visit with Wade in Miami to his recent unfollowing of the Cavs, it's almost as if he's doing this on purpose.

I know there's a good reason I personally only have 34 tweets, and I've been on twitter since January of 2012.

LeBron is going to be 32 before the turn of the next calendar year, so he's no spring chicken anymore. At no point in his career has he ever made a long-term commitment with one team. I understand he may be looking to maximize his potential salary given the new TV deal.

Dude, you're going be 32 - It may be now or never.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I'm in no position to lecture an elder and a more-successful human being on how he conducts himself in life...

Oh, what the fuck - Dude, it's time to man up and sign a long-term deal with someone to close out your career so people once and for all can finally stop talking about your free agency prospects. From all his social media antics about his off-day visit with Wade in Miami to his recent unfollowing of the Cavs, it's almost as if he's doing this on purpose.

I know there's a good reason I personally only have 34 tweets, and I've been on twitter since January of 2012.

LeBron is going to be 32 before the turn of the next calendar year, so he's no spring chicken anymore. At no point in his career has he ever made a long-term commitment with one team. I understand he may be looking to maximize his potential salary given the new TV deal.

Dude, you're going be 32 - It may be now or never.

Doubtful that he'll sign a long term deal anywhere before 2017. He has said that he's no longer willing to not be the highest paid player on his team, so it's likely that he opts out this year, signs another 2 year with player option after 1 because he can apparently get an even bigger deal in 2017. It also makes sure that Gilbert is still his bitch and has to make whatever moves Lebron wants.

2017 is what will be really interesting. Lebron will then be 33 or about to be. So the question then would be, does he sign one last long term deal to close out his career? Or does he still try to do the 2 year/1 year opt outs?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubtful that he'll sign a long term deal anywhere before 2017. He has said that he's no longer willing to not be the highest paid player on his team, so it's likely that he opts out this year, signs another 2 year with player option after 1 because he can apparently get an even bigger deal in 2017. It also makes sure that Gilbert is still his bitch and has to make whatever moves Lebron wants.

2017 is what will be really interesting. Lebron will then be 33 or about to be. So the question then would be, does he sign one last long term deal to close out his career? Or does he still try to do the 2 year/1 year opt outs?

I agree. He'll wait until next summer to sign the long term deal. At that point, his max will be starting out somewhere in the $30 mil per range.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also makes sure that Gilbert is still his bitch and has to make whatever moves Lebron wants.

That's certainly not a reason to not sign a long-term deal. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is he not currently the highest-paid player on the Cavs? So what the fuck difference does it make if he signs a one-year deal or a five-year-deal?

If LeBron is smart, he'd realize the miles he has on him and that time is running out. And if I'm the Cavs, I'd question how much longer I'd play this game with him and show him that the grass isn't greener on the other side.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron must really hate Steph Curry

Hes the reason Bron will never again see a Title and/or an MVP

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's certainly not a reason to not sign a long-term deal. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is he not currently the highest-paid player on the Cavs? So what the fuck difference does it make if he signs a one-year deal or a five-year-deal?

If LeBron is smart, he'd realize the miles he has on him and that time is running out. And if I'm the Cavs, I'd question how much longer I'd play this game with him and show him that the grass isn't greener on the other side.
with how the cap works there is a significant difference...the cap is going up big time the next couple years...

its why guys like Al Horford, Mike Conley, etc- are all probably gonna crack 25 million....I think this season you had 0 guys in the NBA make 25 million or more....next year it will probably be at least 4-5...maybe more...

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with how the cap works there is a significant difference...the cap is going up big time the next couple years...

its why guys like Al Horford, Mike Conley, etc- are all probably gonna crack 25 million....I think this season you had 0 guys in the NBA make 25 million or more....next year it will probably be at least 4-5...maybe more...

Then the jump in 2017. It's why I think Lebron and KD will sign 1 and 1's. Both can have contracts starting in the $30+ mil range in 2017. Gilbert will pay it. He doesn't want to lose his cash cow.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then the jump in 2017. It's why I think Lebron and KD will sign 1 and 1's. Both can have contracts starting in the $30+ mil range in 2017. Gilbert will pay it. He doesn't want to lose his cash cow.
of course he will- if there was no such thing as a max- a "market" level deal for LeBron would be AT LEASET 50 million a year.

LeBron is without a doubt still at the VERY LEAST the 2nd best player in the league- and will continue being one of the very best for a long time--- considering guys like Mike Conley, and Al Horford will be getting 25+ million a year- id pay LeBron 40 million a year until he is 40 years old and not even think twice about it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because if he signs long term, he can't re-negotiate a bigger contract to account for cap increases. Also, he's the highest paid Cav now, but if he signs long term, then both Kyrie and Love will become FA's before his contract ends. The Cavs may not give Love a bigger contract than Lebron to keep him, but you can bet they will open the vault for Kyrie. In that case, Lebron would no longer be the highest paid Cav. He also wants to get the absolute max that he possibly can every year and that's not easily done if he's signed long term.

Also, it is a reason to not sign long term. If he's signed long term, he can't threaten to leave if Gilbert doesn't do what he wants. He can demand a trade, but Gilbert can just ignore him.

First of all, no one has ever accused Lebron of being eaten up with intelligence. That aside, that's my point about what will make 2017 so interesting. It will be a situation similar to Kobe/Shaq. Shaq was getting older and wanted another max deal, Dr. Buss only wanted to give one of them a max deal and rightfully chose Kobe based on age differences and the fact that Shaq was starting to break down some, coming to camp out of shape, etc.

The Cavs will have Lebron pushing 33 years old and with even more mileage on his body than Shaq had. I agree that if he's smart, he'd sign something long term to finish out his career. But it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him try sticking with the 2 year/1 year opt out deals. I also agree that if I'm the Cavs, I call his bluff, but Gilbert hasn't exactly shown himself to have the balls to stand up to Lebron like Dr. Buss did to Shaq.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course he will- if there was no such thing as a max- a "market" level deal for LeBron would be AT LEASET 50 million a year.

No doubt. While these guys are ridiculously overpaid considering they are playing a game, the fact is that they make their teams far more money than the team will ever pay them.

It's why the majority of Lakers fans had no real problem with Kobe's contract over the past 2 years. Sure, he wasn't worth the money on the court anymore, but the money the Lakers made just by him being on the roster, far exceeded what they paid him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because if he signs long term, he can't re-negotiate a bigger contract to account for cap increases. Also, he's the highest paid Cav now, but if he signs long term, then both Kyrie and Love will become FA's before his contract ends. The Cavs may not give Love a bigger contract than Lebron to keep him, but you can bet they will open the vault for Kyrie. In that case, Lebron would no longer be the highest paid Cav. He also wants to get the absolute max that he possibly can every year and that's not easily done if he's signed long term.

Also, it is a reason to not sign long term. If he's signed long term, he can't threaten to leave if Gilbert doesn't do what he wants. He can demand a trade, but Gilbert can just ignore him.

First of all, no one has ever accused Lebron of being eaten up with intelligence. That aside, that's my point about what will make 2017 so interesting. It will be a situation similar to Kobe/Shaq. Shaq was getting older and wanted another max deal, Dr. Buss only wanted to give one of them a max deal and rightfully chose Kobe based on age differences and the fact that Shaq was starting to break down some, coming to camp out of shape, etc.

The Cavs will have Lebron pushing 33 years old and with even more mileage on his body than Shaq had. I agree that if he's smart, he'd sign something long term to finish out his career. But it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him try sticking with the 2 year/1 year opt out deals. I also agree that if I'm the Cavs, I call his bluff, but Gilbert hasn't exactly shown himself to have the balls to stand up to Lebron like Dr. Buss did to Shaq.
yah good call on how he stood up t oShaq--- he traded Shaq- and Shaq won a title not soon after and the Lakers didnt do shit for a few years until they finally replaced Shaq with Pau........who knows how many titles...way to stand up to him...good call..

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah good call on how he stood up t oShaq--- he traded Shaq- and Shaq won a title not soon after and the Lakers didnt do shit for a few years until they finally replaced Shaq with Pau........who knows how many titles...way to stand up to him...good call..

Shaq won 1 more title because of D-Wade. Considering that Shaq was coming into camp out of shape every year and was already starting to decline pretty quickly, I'm not sure the Lakers would have won any more titles if he stayed. The Lakers won 3 titles with Shaq and then moved forward and won 2 more without him. So yeah, I'd say that standing up to him worked out just fine for the Lakers. No need for you to get upset because Gilbert doesn't have anywhere near the balls that Dr. Buss had.

Meanwhile, the Cavs have never done shit in their entire existence.

How many titles did the Cavs win with Shaq and Lebron?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq won 1 more title because of D-Wade. Considering that Shaq was coming into camp out of shape every year and was already starting to decline pretty quickly, I'm not sure the Lakers would have won any more titles if he stayed. The Lakers won 3 titles with Shaq and then moved forward and won 2 more without him. So yeah, I'd say that standing up to him worked out just fine for the Lakers. No need for you to get upset because Gilbert doesn't have anywhere near the balls that Dr. Buss had.

The Cavs 'fans' who are now defending James at every twist and turn will eventually turn on him again once he doesn't win shit there.
They'll be pissed again, because they know he came here to win, and gave us the best 4 years of his career.

I still remember the crowd reaction when he first went back there as a Heat player in December 2010.
Most classless display in prob the history of American sports.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs 'fans' who are now defending James at every twist and turn will eventually turn on him again once he doesn't win shit there.
They'll be pissed again, because they know he came here to win, and gave us the best 4 years of his career.

I still remember the crowd reaction when he first went back there as a Heat player in December 2010.
Most classless display in prob the history of American sports.

I remember that. Never seen anything like it. If memory serves, Gilbert basically encouraged it too, even if indirectly.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember that. Never seen anything like it. If memory serves, Gilbert basically encouraged it too, even if indirectly.

He def encouraged it.
He even did an anti James fan towell promo that night.
I forget what it says, but I have one that my brother sent me.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol...i mean you have to be joking now

at one point Shaq was gone- and Kobe was almost a Chicago Bull--- if not for Pau Gasol falling into your lap 5 years later- it would have been an unmitigated disaster- a HUGE embarrassment.

Maybe you think running one hall of famer out of town- and getting to the point where the other hall of famer is demanding a trade was good business.....lol

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...i mean you have to be joking now

at one point Shaq was gone- and Kobe was almost a Chicago Bull--- if not for Pau Gasol falling into your lap 5 years later- it would have been an unmitigated disaster- a HUGE embarrassment.

Maybe you think running one hall of famer out of town- and getting to the point where the other hall of famer is demanding a trade was good business.....lol

The Lakers have made a shit ton of money and won a couple titles since trading Shaq (remember they were supplementing Gilbert's income because he couldn't make a profit). They were growing as a team before Bynum's first knee injury (one of the best records in the league at the time). They signed a massive TV deal a few years ago. They are one of the top valued sports franchises in the world. Do explain how it wasn't good for business?