• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron FA saga is old to say the least; He need to man up...

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That clusterfuck could start forming in Los Angeles this summer if they wanted to.

Clippers don't have the picks or cap space.

Oh.....you meant the other Team :tsk:.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt say it was bad for business--- i said it was RIDICULOUS and stupid to try and discredit Gilbert for "getting lucky" in the lotto- when their whole strategy was to acquire as many picks as possible (often times by renting out their cap room)- to rebuild the team quickly------ when the Lakers dealt Shaq with no viable alternative- and wasted 3 of Kobe's best years- until they made a trade that Popovich himself and many others- thought was a travesty where Jerry West just hooked up the Lakers--- to me that sounds like out and out- they crapped all over themselves but got bailed out in the end by a former laker.

If Jerry West is not working for Memphis- does Kobe keep up his trade demands? probably.

you took down a dynsty with Shaq and Kobe- to be out of the playoffs, the 7th seed, and the 7th seed- and had a future hall of famer demand a trade and almost get dealt until you got - in Pops words- gifted an all star in Gasol

did it work out? yah- but not becasue of any plan.

not my words- Pops words-- but you guys are smarter than Pop.....ESPECIALLY Turnup- WAY SMARTER than these guys that work in the industry.

“What they did in Memphis is beyond comprehension,” said Popovich. “There should be a trade committee that can scratch all trades that make no sense. I just wish I had been on a trade committee that oversees NBA trades. I’d like to elect myself to that committee. I would have voted no to the L.A. trade.”

my point is- you were a trade away- a trade that the greatest current coach and one of the best in NBA history said was "beyond comprehension" from running 2 hall of famers out of town and destroying your team.
Sounds like you don't really know what happened in LA. You act like they just broke that team up for the hell of it. Kobe & Shaq were having their differences and Shaq ASKED for a trade. So, he got what he asked for.

And I'm pretty sure the fact that the Lakers won BACK TO BACK after that trade-where Pop has yet been able to even defend a title his team has won means the Lakers FO at that time did indeed know more than Pop in that particular subject.

I mean, of course he was hating on that trade-it yielded them BACK TO BACK championships. And he was right, it made no sense to any other team NOT named the Lakers or Grizzlies. And why should the two teams involved care what other teams/coaches think about their trade?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny to hear Wiggy talk about the Lakers "wasting" Kobe's prime years. Kobe still made out with 5 titles which is just one short of Jordan. Let's talk about the Cavs wasting Lebron's career while in Cleveland.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy just doesn't understand how dynasties work - at some point a dynasty will fall, it's just how it works, particularly in the NBA. But then again, Wiggy's a Cavs fan (while Lebron's there), so he's not exactly sure of what a dynasty looks like (or its history) unless they're the visiting team.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I'll throw in my 2c. What Dan gilbert did was ten times worse than the Gasol trade. As an aside, I'd also like to throw in that when you look at it, it's not like the Lakers were doing completely nothing as far as trying to build a team before Pau got there. If you look at those 3 straight finals years, those teams are filled with draft picks, under the radar trades and a couple of transactions here and there. The only major transactions in those years were Pau and Ron(which came in the final year).

But going back to my point, let's look at the facts. First Jerry west wasn't the gm or whatever, but looking at the deal, Memphis was trying to dump Pau for cap space, and yes, we were the team to really, really benefit from it. In the long term, we also ended up giving up one of the best big men in the league today.

Looking at Dan Gilbert, by all accounts, he was the ring leader in blocking the CP3 trade. He took down that trade because the Lakers would be a title contending, and also he hated that the Lakers were not going to be paying luxury tax to teams anymore. So moving on, we get to the lockout. Dan Gilbert leads the charge to make the tax against teams MUCH more punitive than before, in order to try to stop super teams(the Heat). The following year, because of said tax, OKC gets put into a position to where they have to choose between Harden and Ibaka, resulting in Harden walking. Moving on to another team, this wasn't THE reason why Lebron left Miami, but there were reports that he was upset because Miami didn't go into the luxury tax during the final year, making moves such as letting go of Mike Miller.

FINALLY, Dan Gilbert not only plays a part in breaking up all of these teams, he and was fortunate enough to form his own superteam(something that he used to be so steadfastly against) by trade, and transaction( the same way the hated Lakers and Heat tried to build their superteams).

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I'll throw in my 2c. What Dan gilbert did was ten times worse than the Gasol trade. As an aside, I'd also like to throw in that when you look at it, it's not like the Lakers were doing completely nothing as far as trying to build a team before Pau got there. If you look at those 3 straight finals years, those teams are filled with draft picks, under the radar trades and a couple of transactions here and there. The only major transactions in those years were Pau and Ron(which came in the final year).

But going back to my point, let's look at the facts. First Jerry west wasn't the gm or whatever, but looking at the deal, Memphis was trying to dump Pau for cap space, and yes, we were the team to really, really benefit from it. In the long term, we also ended up giving up one of the best big men in the league today.

Looking at Dan Gilbert, by all accounts, he was the ring leader in blocking the CP3 trade. He took down that trade because the Lakers would be a title contending, and also he hated that the Lakers were not going to be paying luxury tax to teams anymore. So moving on, we get to the lockout. Dan Gilbert leads the charge to make the tax against teams MUCH more punitive than before, in order to try to stop super teams(the Heat). The following year, because of said tax, OKC gets put into a position to where they have to choose between Harden and Ibaka, resulting in Harden walking. Moving on to another team, this wasn't THE reason why Lebron left Miami, but there were reports that he was upset because Miami didn't go into the luxury tax during the final year, making moves such as letting go of Mike Miller.

FINALLY, Dan Gilbert not only plays a part in breaking up all of these teams, he and was fortunate enough to form his own superteam(something that he used to be so steadfastly against) by trade, and transaction( the same way the hated Lakers and Heat tried to build their superteams).
But instead of allowing his hired FO make the decision as to which players would work he let LBJ make the choices-thus the team we see today creating history and on the fast track to winning their 2nd title...wait, what?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just think its funny that you try and discredit gilberts rebuilding when he gets high picks in the lotto- which was always what they were trying to do- when your team traded Shaq with no plan to replace him and wasted 3 years of Kobe's prime until you finally made a decent move- a move that was widely panned as cheap and less than fair by many- including Popovich.

and you wonder why Cuban and Gilbert and the rest made sure CP stayed out of Purple and Gold and sent the Lakers into the death spiral they are still occupy to this day.

Never discredited Gilberts re-building through the lotto. The Lakers are re-building through the lotto. I just said that the Cavs have won zero championships despite all of their lotto luck and having Lebron 2 different times.

Additionally, you are full of crap saying that rebuilding through the lotto was always the cavs plan. In his letter to the fans, Gilbert said that the Cavs would win a title before Lebron ever did. Considering that Miami became the immediate favorite to win the title when Lebron showed up with Bosh and D-Wade. How the hell were the Cavs supposed to win a title before Lebron did, rebuilding through the lotto? I know you were an OKC fan at the time, so you may not remember Gilberts letter to the fans as it didn't include you.

As for wasting 3 years of Kobe's career. I'd rather waste 3 years of his career and have 5 titles to show for it than the what is it now? 8 years? 9 years of Lebrons career that have been wasted in Cleveland with zero titles.

Also, Gilbert's complaint about the CP3 trade was because it would have cut into his NBA welfare check.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy just doesn't understand how dynasties work - at some point a dynasty will fall, it's just how it works, particularly in the NBA. But then again, Wiggy's a Cavs fan (while Lebron's there), so he's not exactly sure of what a dynasty looks like (or its history) unless they're the visiting team.

He doesn't understand because the Cavs have never been a dynasty. Unless of course there is such a thing as a dynasty of failure.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't understand because the Cavs have never been a dynasty. Unless of course there is such a thing as a dynasty of failure.

The one thing the Cavs excel at over any other franchise in the NBA.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or dynasty for winning the #1 draft pick via the lottery maybe?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless of course there is such a thing as a dynasty of failure.

Coming this fall on A&E.... Suck Dynasty.... starring the Clippers, Nuggets, Bobcats, & Cavs

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... "Why are you eating a banana LeBron? Does that mean you're gonna slip on a banana peel out of Cleveland?"

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never discredited Gilberts re-building through the lotto. The Lakers are re-building through the lotto. I just said that the Cavs have won zero championships despite all of their lotto luck and having Lebron 2 different times.

Additionally, you are full of crap saying that rebuilding through the lotto was always the cavs plan. In his letter to the fans, Gilbert said that the Cavs would win a title before Lebron ever did. Considering that Miami became the immediate favorite to win the title when Lebron showed up with Bosh and D-Wade. How the hell were the Cavs supposed to win a title before Lebron did, rebuilding through the lotto? I know you were an OKC fan at the time, so you may not remember Gilberts letter to the fans as it didn't include you.

As for wasting 3 years of Kobe's career. I'd rather waste 3 years of his career and have 5 titles to show for it than the what is it now? 8 years? 9 years of Lebrons career that have been wasted in Cleveland with zero titles.

Also, Gilbert's complaint about the CP3 trade was because it would have cut into his NBA welfare check.

I will discredit Gilbert's building.

5 top 4 picks in 4 years, 3 #1 overall.

Irving is a good player and he traded Wiggins for Love. We will say that is a wash, even though the deal looks like a clear win for Minnesota. Cleveland had to make that trade.

Bennett was arguably the worst #1 pick of all time and Waiters was a pretty large bust also. Top 3 picks should be more than mediocre role players.

Just about Any other franchise winds up with that collection of picks + LeBron James, and they have significantly more talent than what the Cavs have.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Irving is a good player and he traded Wiggins for Love. We will say that is a wash, even though the deal looks like a clear win for Minnesota. Cleveland had to make that trade.

Bennett was arguably the worst #1 pick of all time and Waiters was a pretty large bust also. Top 3 picks should be more than mediocre role players.

Just about Any other franchise winds up with that collection of picks + LeBron James, and they have significantly more talent than what the Cavs have.

Dan Gilbert fails at life

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 150,000 word, 5 consecutive post rant that is coming from Wiggy is on your head. :lol:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously. The basketball gods lobbed softballs to the Cavs, yet they managed to screw it up. You give the Spurs that lottery luck over a 4-year period, and those fuckers would probably average 70-win seasons for a decade and have a couple more titles under their belt.

In fact, I think the Spurs should never get the #1 draft pick again. Ever. Fuck you guys.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously. The basketball gods lobbed softballs to the Cavs, yet they managed to screw it up. You give the Spurs that lottery luck over a 4-year period, and those fuckers would probably average 70-win seasons for a decade and have a couple more titles under their belt.

In fact, I think the Spurs should never get the #1 draft pick again. Ever. Fuck you guys.

You almost have to try to screw it up in order to screw it up as badly as they did.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You almost have to try to screw it up in order to screw it up as badly as they did.
screw it up? The Cavs have the best record inthe East and went to game 6 of the Finals last year, WTF are you guys talking about?

hoenst to god- I think you guys really believe this shit too...take a step back- and just try and think rationally for a minute.

you assclowns actually are talking about how the Cavs "screwed it up" when the have LeBron James, Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love- went to the Finals last year and only a person with the mind of a chimpanze would pick against them to go back.

shit man....you guys better hope the Lakers and HEat can "screw it up that badly" --- but the truth is-both of those teams are gonna be bowing to the Cavs for a long long time going forward.

this is insanity. I seriously had 2 people who pay attention to basketball just say how the Cavs "couldnt have screwed it up worse" and the team has LeBron, Kyrie, Love- Tristan, Shump, Mozgov, Mo, Jeff, Frye, Delly, JR

is this the twilight zone? lol....i mean holy shit fellas.