• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron FA saga is old to say the least; He need to man up...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please for the love of God can the Browns screw up as bad as the Cavs did....PLEASE!!!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are claiming Gilbert did a good job of building through the lottery. Not true. He did a pretty poor job drafting and got a ridiculously lucky windfall or lottery luck, then had the barest player in the universe sign in FA.

The Cavs are a good team, but not the best. Any competently run franchise would be significantly better than the Cavs are today if they were gifted that same collection of assets.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
screw it up? The Cavs have the best record inthe East and went to game 6 of the Finals last year, WTF are you guys talking about?

hoenst to god- I think you guys really believe this shit too...take a step back- and just try and think rationally for a minute.

you assclowns actually are talking about how the Cavs "screwed it up" when the have LeBron James, Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love- went to the Finals last year and only a person with the mind of a chimpanze would pick against them to go back.

shit man....you guys better hope the Lakers and HEat can "screw it up that badly" --- but the truth is-both of those teams are gonna be bowing to the Cavs for a long long time going forward.

this is insanity. I seriously had 2 people who pay attention to basketball just say how the Cavs "couldnt have screwed it up worse" and the team has LeBron, Kyrie, Love- Tristan, Shump, Mozgov, Mo, Jeff, Frye, Delly, JR

is this the twilight zone? lol....i mean holy shit fellas.

Let's see, the reason the Cavs went to the Finals is because of Lebron. Irving was injured for just about the entire series. Outside of that, over that 4-year window where you got consistent picks, the only player you had was Tristan Thompson, who for being the number 4 pick has certainly turned out to be an average player. But let's go ahead and forget that you drafted one of the biggest busts in Anthony Bennett, traded away Wiggins who's turning out to be a stud for Kevin Love who's role could be duplicated by Frye, as well as Deion Waters who's a fringe role player.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
screw it up? The Cavs have the best record inthe East and went to game 6 of the Finals last year, WTF are you guys talking about?

hoenst to god- I think you guys really believe this shit too...take a step back- and just try and think rationally for a minute.

you assclowns actually are talking about how the Cavs "screwed it up" when the have LeBron James, Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love- went to the Finals last year and only a person with the mind of a chimpanze would pick against them to go back.

shit man....you guys better hope the Lakers and HEat can "screw it up that badly" --- but the truth is-both of those teams are gonna be bowing to the Cavs for a long long time going forward.

this is insanity. I seriously had 2 people who pay attention to basketball just say how the Cavs "couldnt have screwed it up worse" and the team has LeBron, Kyrie, Love- Tristan, Shump, Mozgov, Mo, Jeff, Frye, Delly, JR

is this the twilight zone? lol....i mean holy shit fellas.

Read post #55.

The only reason the Cavs are where they are is because of Lebron. The only players in those picks that have done anything for the Cavs is Kyrie and Wiggins. Kyrie, because he's actually pretty good and Wiggins because he got traded for Love (and even that is looking like a mistake).

So yes, the Cavs screwed it up.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are claiming Gilbert did a good job of building through the lottery. Not true. He did a pretty poor job drafting and got a ridiculously lucky windfall or lottery luck, then had the barest player in the universe sign in FA.

The Cavs are a good team, but not the best. Any competently run franchise would be significantly better than the Cavs are today if they were gifted that same collection of assets.

Remember the tool you're arguing with. He hypes up Gilbert like he is any good at his job

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember the tool you're arguing with. He hypes up Gilbert like he is any good at his job

Gilbert is by no means flawless as an NBA owner, but let's be truthful here - People wouldn't be so down on him if it weren't for his "open letter" to Cavs fans in 2010.

It's time to quit licking LeBron's balls and get over it.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read post #55.

The only reason the Cavs are where they are is because of Lebron. The only players in those picks that have done anything for the Cavs is Kyrie and Wiggins. Kyrie, because he's actually pretty good and Wiggins because he got traded for Love (and even that is looking like a mistake).

So yes, the Cavs screwed it up.

...Or maybe that neither Wiggins nor Love are franchise-caliber players to begin with. Let's be honest here, Wiggins still needs to prove that he's an adept passer, would have never meshed with LeBron or Kyrie. Love hasn't been perfect, but he's still meshing better than Wiggins would have. He still hasn't ever proved he can impact a game outside the stat sheet. There's a reason he never made the Playoffs before he came to Cleveland.

All in all, you have the gave the Cavs credit for their perseverance. The Bennett pick was made by previous GM Chris Grant. There's a reason he got fired. Current GM David Griffin all in all has done a solid job. He was able to flip Waiters (somewhat a disappointment as a #4 overall pick) into two decent role players in Shumpert and Smith. They probably wouldn't have gone to the finals without that particular move. The Bulls would have beaten them.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt say it was bad for business--- i said it was RIDICULOUS and stupid to try and discredit Gilbert for "getting lucky" in the lotto- when their whole strategy was to acquire as many picks as possible (often times by renting out their cap room)- to rebuild the team quickly------ when the Lakers dealt Shaq with no viable alternative- and wasted 3 of Kobe's best years- until they made a trade that Popovich himself and many others- thought was a travesty where Jerry West just hooked up the Lakers--- to me that sounds like out and out- they crapped all over themselves but got bailed out in the end by a former laker.

If Jerry West is not working for Memphis- does Kobe keep up his trade demands? probably.

you took down a dynsty with Shaq and Kobe- to be out of the playoffs, the 7th seed, and the 7th seed- and had a future hall of famer demand a trade and almost get dealt until you got - in Pops words- gifted an all star in Gasol

did it work out? yah- but not becasue of any plan.

not my words- Pops words-- but you guys are smarter than Pop.....ESPECIALLY Turnup- WAY SMARTER than these guys that work in the industry.

“What they did in Memphis is beyond comprehension,” said Popovich. “There should be a trade committee that can scratch all trades that make no sense. I just wish I had been on a trade committee that oversees NBA trades. I’d like to elect myself to that committee. I would have voted no to the L.A. trade.”

my point is- you were a trade away- a trade that the greatest current coach and one of the best in NBA history said was "beyond comprehension" from running 2 hall of famers out of town and destroying your team.

I actually love the enthusiasm of this post. Just one flaw though - The Lakers had started to play real well during the 2007-08 season before the Gasol trade. Bynum was having his breakout year before he got hurt. His knee injury helped drive the effort to acquire Gasol. I hated the post-Shaq Lakers as much as anyone, but those two titles were earned just like most. Some of it was luck, but all in all the pieces were put in place.

I get that everyone in this thread hates Wiggy, but let's not pretend he doesn't have a legit argument here.

Everyone in this thread except for Wiggy and myself is either a Heat or a Lakers fan - Go figure. Bias perhaps? No way...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually love the enthusiasm of this post. Just one flaw though - The Lakers had started to play real well during the 2007-08 season before the Gasol trade. Bynum was having his breakout year before he got hurt. His knee injury helped drive the effort to acquire Gasol. I hated the post-Shaq Lakers as much as anyone, but those two titles were earned just like most. Some of it was luck, but all in all the pieces were put in place.

I get that everyone in this thread hates Wiggy, but let's not pretend he doesn't have a legit argument here.

Everyone in this thread except for Wiggy and myself is either a Heat or a Lakers fan - Go figure. Bias perhaps? No way...

I don't hate anybody and I am neither a Heat or Laker fan.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilbert is by no means flawless as an NBA owner, but let's be truthful here - People wouldn't be so down on him if it weren't for his "open letter" to Cavs fans in 2010.

Oh god, nobody even cares about that anymore. What was Gilbert good at? Getting Mo Williams, ancient Shaq, and Jameson to be key pieces that Lebron could play with? His coaching choices? If those at my work were that inept in their hiring practices, I'd be gone too. Having 4 years of top picks to build with and ending up with the 1st pick in the draft again?? Having 4 first round picks in 2 years (and 8 picks in the top 34 of the draft in 2 years) and getting Waiters, Kasarev, Cunningham and Bennett? The only guy worth anything they drafted in those drafts, they sent to Dallas (Jae Crowder).

There are only two reasons he isn't considered the worst owner in the NBA lately. 1. Donald Sterling. 2. Lebron decided to come back home. That's it.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, he was also one of the primary owners that nixed the CP3 to the Lakers trade. Plus, he was totally against the idea of super teams during the last CBA negotiations to where his side was able to implement the luxury tax penalties you see now. Ironic that he's now the one that's paying the most for this.

Owners for NBA teams are rarely in the spot light. When we've seen Gilbert, it's more often than not been in a negative setting.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, you're both morons, so there's that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...Or maybe that neither Wiggins nor Love are franchise-caliber players to begin with. Let's be honest here, Wiggins still needs to prove that he's an adept passer, would have never meshed with LeBron or Kyrie. Love hasn't been perfect, but he's still meshing better than Wiggins would have. He still hasn't ever proved he can impact a game outside the stat sheet. There's a reason he never made the Playoffs before he came to Cleveland.

All in all, you have the gave the Cavs credit for their perseverance. The Bennett pick was made by previous GM Chris Grant. There's a reason he got fired. Current GM David Griffin all in all has done a solid job. He was able to flip Waiters (somewhat a disappointment as a #4 overall pick) into two decent role players in Shumpert and Smith. They probably wouldn't have gone to the finals without that particular move. The Bulls would have beaten them.

I think Love has been in the league long enough that we can safely say that he's not a franchise player. He had plenty of time in Minny to at least drag them to an 8 seed and never could. Wiggins remains to be seen. I agree though, he needs to become a better passer, but what he has shown so far is encouraging. The problem for Love in Cleveland is that he's probably best suited as a #2 option because he needs the ball enough to get into a scoring rhythm and that doesn't happen when he's the #3. It's why his best games tend to be when the Cavs force the ball to him early and often.

I agree that Love probably fits better than Wiggins would have because Wiggins needs the ball in his hands more and the Cavs already have Lebron and Kyrie. I just think that when all is said and done, Wiggins is going to be a much better player than Love.

I don't know about perseverance. The only reason the Cavs are where they are now is because of Lebron deciding to return. If that doesn't happen, the Cavs are fighting for ping pong balls again.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh god, nobody even cares about that anymore. What was Gilbert good at? Getting Mo Williams, ancient Shaq, and Jameson to be key pieces that Lebron could play with? His coaching choices? If those at my work were that inept in their hiring practices, I'd be gone too. Having 4 years of top picks to build with and ending up with the 1st pick in the draft again?? Having 4 first round picks in 2 years (and 8 picks in the top 34 of the draft in 2 years) and getting Waiters, Kasarev, Cunningham and Bennett? The only guy worth anything they drafted in those drafts, they sent to Dallas (Jae Crowder).

There are only two reasons he isn't considered the worst owner in the NBA lately. 1. Donald Sterling. 2. Lebron decided to come back home. That's it.
If LeBron does not come back to Cleveland 2 summers ago the Cavs current roster COUL

not only that- but cmon- no one hits all the time---- look at the Twolves- they havent made the playoffs in over a decade.

the Cavs could have REALLY REALLY SCREWED IT UP- and LeBron would NEVER EVER HAVE COME BACK.

There were people that siad the Cavs should of taken D. Williams #1 overall and #4 take Brandon Knight- instead of taking KI #1---- that was FAR from a 100% consensus pick at the time

Instead of taking Wiggins- many people thought that Embiid was the best overall player and that he could have gone #1.....and your right about Wiggins--- many of the people who wanted the Cavs to keep Wiggins pointed to the fact that they thought he could help on defense right away- he has been a DISASTER defensively-- obviously the kid has amazing potential- but he is an awful outside shooter- and having LeBron- they wanted to try and win right away- not wait 3-4 years for Wiggins to develop (and then STILL be 2-3 years from his actual prime- at LEAST really)

obviously taking Bennett so high was a huge mistake and you get an F for that---- but out of the other guys that they were considering-- Otto Porter Jr, Ben MCLeomre, Victor Oladipo, Alex Len--- the only one that has been better than decent thus far is Oladipo- and this was a guy who FLEW up draft boards as a junior after being a non prospect--- not only that-but the Cavs already had 2 guys- Kyrie and Waiters- with similar size and skill set as Oladipo.

I think the worst pick was the Waiters debacle- because I thought they had settled on Harrison Barnes....not that Barnes is a world beater- but hes a LOT better than Waiters. Looking at the other guys on the board- I gotta think Barnes would have beenthe pick if not Waiters--possibly Jeremy Lamb or Drummond too i guess....--- this is after the Cavs offered a TON to move up and get Beal or MKG...

i couldnt imagine that, lol...imagine they draft D. Williams and Knight instead of Kyrie and Tristan...they draft Embiid instead of Wiggins---- NO WAY IN HELL LEBRON IS BACK IN CLEVLEAND....heck- no way in hell LeBron is back in Cleveland right now if Mickey Arison didnt get cheap- a LOT of things had to fall into place for him to get back to "The Land" in just 4 years.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LeBron does not come back to Cleveland 2 summers ago the Cavs current roster COUL

not only that- but cmon- no one hits all the time---- look at the Twolves- they havent made the playoffs in over a decade.

the Cavs could have REALLY REALLY SCREWED IT UP- and LeBron would NEVER EVER HAVE COME BACK.

There were people that siad the Cavs should of taken D. Williams #1 overall and #4 take Brandon Knight- instead of taking KI #1---- that was FAR from a 100% consensus pick at the time

Instead of taking Wiggins- many people thought that Embiid was the best overall player and that he could have gone #1.....and your right about Wiggins--- many of the people who wanted the Cavs to keep Wiggins pointed to the fact that they thought he could help on defense right away- he has been a DISASTER defensively-- obviously the kid has amazing potential- but he is an awful outside shooter- and having LeBron- they wanted to try and win right away- not wait 3-4 years for Wiggins to develop (and then STILL be 2-3 years from his actual prime- at LEAST really)

obviously taking Bennett so high was a huge mistake and you get an F for that---- but out of the other guys that they were considering-- Otto Porter Jr, Ben MCLeomre, Victor Oladipo, Alex Len--- the only one that has been better than decent thus far is Oladipo- and this was a guy who FLEW up draft boards as a junior after being a non prospect--- not only that-but the Cavs already had 2 guys- Kyrie and Waiters- with similar size and skill set as Oladipo.

I think the worst pick was the Waiters debacle- because I thought they had settled on Harrison Barnes....not that Barnes is a world beater- but hes a LOT better than Waiters. Looking at the other guys on the board- I gotta think Barnes would have beenthe pick if not Waiters--possibly Jeremy Lamb or Drummond too i guess....--- this is after the Cavs offered a TON to move up and get Beal or MKG...

i couldnt imagine that, lol...imagine they draft D. Williams and Knight instead of Kyrie and Tristan...they draft Embiid instead of Wiggins---- NO WAY IN HELL LEBRON IS BACK IN CLEVLEAND....heck- no way in hell LeBron is back in Cleveland right now if Mickey Arison didnt get cheap- a LOT of things had to fall into place for him to get back to "The Land" in just 4 years.

Any thoughts on Lue and the GM pulling LBJ in for a discussion on his odd behavior lately?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he was also one of the primary owners that nixed the CP3 to the Lakers trade. Plus, he was totally against the idea of super teams during the last CBA negotiations to where his side was able to implement the luxury tax penalties you see now. Ironic that he's now the one that's paying the most for this.

Owners for NBA teams are rarely in the spot light. When we've seen Gilbert, it's more often than not been in a negative setting.
:yes:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any thoughts on Lue and the GM pulling LBJ in for a discussion on his odd behavior lately?

I think it's great.

There shouldn't be 2 sets of rules.

If Kyrie or Love would have done that, Lebron would have had a Twitter meltdown.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's great.

There shouldn't be 2 sets of rules.

If Kyrie or Love would have done that, Lebron would have had a Twitter meltdown.
I agree. I have really gotten the impression that he thinks the rules don't apply to him at times. Kinda seems like he's not that interested in being the leader anymore-until it benefits him.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're full of shit, only a small minority would've taken Williams and Knight over Irving. Everyone knew that Irving had by far the highest ceiling compared to the other two.

And you keep mentioning Arison being cheap - it's been mentioned ad nauseam how that's far from the truth. But your tired ass keeps spewing the same inaccurate rhetoric and making yourself look more and more foolish.

And Lebron didn't go back to Cleveland because Arison was cheap. He got to the Finals 4 times and won 2 titles under the Heat. He went back to Cleveland because he couldn't have complete control in Miami like he does in Cleveland (which everyone's starting to see why Lebron being in control is not the best idea). Plus, Miami could only do so much in terms of making moves, where as Cleveland had a lot of young assets. Assets that Lebron has traded away to try and win now (where you have about a 2-3 year window left, and that's with the Spurs and Warrirors standing in the way).

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Look back a couple pages there were a few of us discussing it yesterday.

I love it and think it is the biggest difference between Blatt and Lue.