• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron FA saga is old to say the least; He need to man up...

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahaha, I do. The salary cap isn't just black and white. Just because you take out X salary, doesn't mean you can replace it with X, particularly when a team is way over the salary cap like the Cavs. Look up Bird Rights and salary cap, then get at me. Ask anyone else on this forum, even Wiggy (who him and I rarely agree on anything), and they'll agree with me.

That's a lot of words to explain that you don't understand what I'm saying.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lot of words to explain that you don't understand what I'm saying.

Sigh.... you provided this little gem:

If I were Lebrown and I wanted to win a championship for Cleveland, I'd sign a contract with the Cavs for minimum wage provided they take the salary they'd otherwise pay me and use it to sign other great players.

I just pointed out that him doing this won't really garner so many great players (his salary is $23 million this year) in return. This is because of salary cap implications. I clearly outlined this. The fact that you choose to ignore facts (or just not grasp them) is not my problem. What else were you trying to explain? Because it looks very basic. You basically assumed that they could take Lebron's contract and get other players for the same value, I'm telling you that it's not as simple as you ASSUME it is.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh.... you provided this little gem:

If I were Lebrown and I wanted to win a championship for Cleveland, I'd sign a contract with the Cavs for minimum wage provided they take the salary they'd otherwise pay me and use it to sign other great players.

I just pointed out that him doing this won't really garner so many great players (his salary is $23 million this year) in return. This is because of salary cap implications. I clearly outlined this. The fact that you choose to ignore facts (or just not grasp them) is not my problem. What else were you trying to explain? Because it looks very basic. You basically assumed that they could take Lebron's contract and get other players for the same value, I'm telling you that it's not as simple as you ASSUME it is.

Seriously, if you need me to explain what I'm talking about to you, just ask.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slinkster!

How goes it?

Has Otis, Mick, Dole or CI been around?

Hey, hey!

I'm doing well. Staying busy and whatnot. Things good with you?

I see @Dolemite censored around from time to time but I think he's been really busy at the laundromat lately.

Mick I see once in a blue moon. I'm not sure I know who Otis or CI is.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously, I don't understand why he doesn't do this.

LeBron has said he feels an obligation to help set the market value properly for the rest of the players. The more players that do what David West did... the more it hurts the entire group of players as a whole.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron has said he feels an obligation to help set the market value properly for the rest of the players. The more players that do what David West did... the more it hurts the entire group of players as a whole.

Gotcha. He's watching out for those poor basketball players. Noble pursuit.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about Lebron accepting a contract for the league minimum so that the Cavs can use his salary to sign someone like Steph Curry.

sigh. I give up. That's not how any of that works. Please see previous examples, then follow up with someone who understands this. As much as I dislike him, @WiggyRuss actually understands the salary cap fairly well...and dude hates me so you'll have an objective reason on why your hypothetical scenario wouldn't work as much as you think it would. But I'm basically done trying to explain this to you.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs are playing great basketball under Lue.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, hey!

I'm doing well. Staying busy and whatnot. Things good with you?

I see @Dolemite censored around from time to time but I think he's been really busy at the laundromat lately.

Mick I see once in a blue moon. I'm not sure I know who Otis or CI is.

Otis B. Driftwood and Center Ice.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron for President!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tristan Thompson is the bestest PF in the NBA.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* glances at Slinky's signature line after reading post*

:lol:

Hahahaha.

Hammer banned me and then let me back but gave me that signature and set it so that I couldn't change it. He's since lifted the restriction and I thought about changing it, but I kind of like it. It just sort of lays everything out on the table up front.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron made Kevin Love cry.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahaha.

Hammer banned me and then let me back but gave me that signature and set it so that I couldn't change it. He's since lifted the restriction and I thought about changing it, but I kind of like it. It just sort of lays everything out on the table up front.

Really? :pound:

That's actually kinda awesome that the Mods here have such a great sense of humor!