• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron FA saga is old to say the least; He need to man up...

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? :pound:

That's actually kinda awesome that the Mods here have such a great sense of humor!

I could be wrong, but I think he was hoping I'd dislike it. When I first saw it, I fucking cracked up. In fact, the only reason I tried to change it was because he didn't use caps or punctuation, so it was "im an asshole"

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, hey!

I'm doing well. Staying busy and whatnot. Things good with you?

I see @Dolemite censored around from time to time but I think he's been really busy at the laundromat lately.

Mick I see once in a blue moon. I'm not sure I know who Otis or CI is.
Hi slinky! :wave:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams can over the salary cap to resign their own players, without having room. Conversely if that same player takes less money, it doesn't create room.

Cleveland has 107M in committed salary. The Salary cap is 70M.

Even if Lebron took his 24M in salary off the table, lets say for sake of argument signing for 1M dollars, that lowers the committed salary to 84M.

Since 84M exceeds 70M, there is still 0 cap room to sign a free agent, other than Mid Level Exceptions, Bi-Annual Mid Level and Veteran Minimum contracts.

In Summary, in order for the Cavs to sign a free agent, lets say to a 10M per year contact, the total team salary for the Cavs must be 60M, since the salary cap is set at 70M.

It would work if say Dwyane Wade opted to sign for the Minimum with the Cavs, because he's not an already player. If Lebron opts out, takes the minimum, it doesn't create 23M in cap space to sign Wade. Wade would still need to take the minimum because the Cavs still remain over the salary cap.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong, but I think he was hoping I'd dislike it. When I first saw it, I fucking cracked up. In fact, the only reason I tried to change it was because he didn't use caps or punctuation, so it was "im an asshole"

Clearly, he didn't know his audience...lol

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about Lebron accepting a contract for the league minimum so that the Cavs can use his salary to sign someone like Steph Curry.
Whoa, wait a minute!

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa, wait a minute!

Ha!

I was just seeing how long I could keep heatles responding to me using minimal effort. I ramped up the ridiculousness on that one - was hoping to get a couple paragraphs out of him about why it would be bad to have Lebron and Steph together or something like that.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahaha.

Hammer banned me and then let me back but gave me that signature and set it so that I couldn't change it. He's since lifted the restriction and I thought about changing it, but I kind of like it. It just sort of lays everything out on the table up front.

Well, if you're going to be an asshole, you should probably be the kind that doesn't sound like he was the result of inbreeding. Your basic understanding of how the salary cap is lacking, kind of like thinking the stork is what's responsible for baby's being born. Simply put, you're not a creative asshole and I'm not impressed at you at all. At least Wiggy's entertaining and knows the salary cap. You on the other hand are just plain dumb and boring.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams can over the salary cap to resign their own players, without having room. Conversely if that same player takes less money, it doesn't create room.

Cleveland has 107M in committed salary. The Salary cap is 70M.

Even if Lebron took his 24M in salary off the table, lets say for sake of argument signing for 1M dollars, that lowers the committed salary to 84M.

Since 84M exceeds 70M, there is still 0 cap room to sign a free agent, other than Mid Level Exceptions, Bi-Annual Mid Level and Veteran Minimum contracts.

In Summary, in order for the Cavs to sign a free agent, lets say to a 10M per year contact, the total team salary for the Cavs must be 60M, since the salary cap is set at 70M.

It would work if say Dwyane Wade opted to sign for the Minimum with the Cavs, because he's not an already player. If Lebron opts out, takes the minimum, it doesn't create 23M in cap space to sign Wade. Wade would still need to take the minimum because the Cavs still remain over the salary cap.

Dumb fuck AKA slinky shit will not grasp this. It makes perfect sense, but the stupid fuck can't grasp this.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if you're going to be an asshole, you should probably be the kind that doesn't sound like he was the result of inbreeding. Your basic understanding of how the salary cap is lacking, kind of like thinking the stork is what's responsible for baby's being born. Simply put, you're not a creative asshole and I'm not impressed at you at all. At least Wiggy's entertaining and knows the salary cap. You on the other hand are just plain dumb and boring.
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree- Wiggy is absolutely NOT entertaining.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha!

I was just seeing how long I could keep heatles responding to me using minimal effort. I ramped up the ridiculousness on that one - was hoping to get a couple paragraphs out of him about why it would be bad to have Lebron and Steph together or something like that.

So you act like an ignorant (unt. Weak trolling at its finest. Like I said, at least Wiggy's entertaining. I'll give that retard that much credit.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wanna see how I picture you?

WalterSweater.png

Like this, but angry.