• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron and Phil Jackson

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing with Phil. The man has an unbelievably enormous ego. I've seen where people have said his ego literally sucks the air out any room he's in. Part of his success with star players is because he can actually "out-ego" them. His ego also makes him incredibly condescending to literally everyone.

His ego and condescending attitude are why, despite all of the success and winning, things tend to end badly with him wherever he goes.

I googled him. He's not who I thought he was. I thought he was Pat Riley. Apparently, they're two different guys.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing with Phil. The man has an unbelievably enormous ego. I've seen where people have said his ego literally sucks the air out any room he's in. Part of his success with star players is because he can actually "out-ego" them. His ego also makes him incredibly condescending to literally everyone.

His ego and condescending attitude are why, despite all of the success and winning, things tend to end badly with him wherever he goes.

Not as big of an ego as Reinsdorf. And Phil wasn't wrong about what he said about Lebron. Once again Lebron looks like a giant pussy.

And so Phil success with star players was because he out ego'd them? :L

Exact opposite. The guy was all about cohesion of a TEAM.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as big of an ego as Reinsdorf. And Phil wasn't wrong about what he said about Lebron. Once again Lebron looks like a giant pussy.

And so Phil success with star players was because he out ego'd them? :L

Exact opposite. The guy was all about cohesion of a TEAM.

The difference between Phil and Reinsdorf is Phil isn't stupid. I agree 100% with what Phil said about Lebron. Heck, there have been all kinds of stories about the demands Lebron and his posse of pussies have made both in Cleveland and Miami.

And yes, Phil "out-ego'd" them. It's part of how he got them to buy in to a team concept. That's not exactly a secret.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between Phil and Reinsdorf is Phil isn't stupid. I agree 100% with what Phil said about Lebron. Heck, there have been all kinds of stories about the demands Lebron and his posse of pussies have made both in Cleveland and Miami.

And yes, Phil "out-ego'd" them. It's part of how he got them to buy in to a team concept. That's not exactly a secret.

Yes I'm sure Jordan and Rodman would tell us that Phil got them to buy in because he just "out ego'd" them. Had nothing to do with wanting to win and win and win some more.

And :lol: @ out egoing Jordan

Egos don't win championships. We will have to disagree

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I'm sure Jordan and Rodman would tell us that Phil got them to buy in because he just "out ego'd" them. Had nothing to do with wanting to win and win and win some more.

They have. So have Shaq and Kobe. They respected the fact that he's got a bigger ego than them. It's part of why they (especially Shaq and Kobe) listened to him in the first place.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the condescending Phil Jackson act is a lot less palatable when he hasnt had any kind of inkling of success outside of coaching all time greats. He drafted Porzingis. Other than that he has been an unmitigated failure for the Knicks. I bet most Knicks fans wish Phil, Dolan, and Melo were all fired and the franchise could have a fresh start- instead of wallowing in mediocrity with Derek Rose and Joakim Noah and company.

I wouldnt want to be the Knicks Dec. 7th.....LeBron looked pissed last night even. I did think it was funny when he characterized LeBorn leaving as a "slap in the face" to Riley though....lol. "the biggest mistake of his career"...what a joke.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

+1000. it must be hard for Phil's ego to accept that he has been a failure in NY- and he lashed out. He is def. not Lebrons' type of guy.

If anything though, James tries to share the shine -- whether that be empowering his childhood friends Rich Paul, Maverick Carter and Randy Mims to become business partners or spreading the wealth with a simple gesture like putting a pair of Beats headphones in every teammate's locker before the Toronto game.

"He's always been like that," Tristan Thompson told ESPN.com. "He's all about team and family so you got to be very appreciative and always say 'thank you' because I've been on other teams where we haven't got s---, so he always looks out for us and makes sure everyone is well taken care of …

"I've never met a human being at that level that cares so much about others. So Phil Jackson's got his comments, it is what it is, but … I'm rolling with him. I'm rolling with 'Bron."

"What does that mean?" James asked ESPN, referring to Jackson's assertion that the 14-year veteran receives special treatment. "I want to know what that means, though."

"That's all I've ever done, since I was a kid," James told ESPN.com. "That's all I've ever done. I've put a lot of work into my craft and I'm blessed and naturally gifted, and I put a lot of work into it on top of that. But as far as when it comes to a team, I like being a part of a team. ... I'm an only child. I never liked being alone. I never liked standing out. ... I always wanted like brothers around me all the way from when I started playing ball. From the first time I picked up a basketball all the way through high school to now."

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you just apply a negative connotation that disparages actual crew members that are of a female gender? That women are more emotional than men?!?!?!?! What's up bro!?!?! I'm PC!

I am totally offended all lies!!!!

* runs out of the room screaming, goes on a shopping spree, eats 10 boxes of girl scout samoes cookies, slashes hubbies tires, while he calmly sits on the coach flipping channels.*

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you see what Kobe said about him yesterday?

He said Phil would have them go out and double the guy who DID NOT get a max contract, while leaving the guy with the big money open or single covered.

By the end of the game, John Wall * coughs* the guy complaining about not getting paid would be crying that the Max guy was ball hogging and to give him the Damn ball!!

#PsychologicalWarfare

#DivideAndConquer

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see what Kobe said about him yesterday?

He said Phil would have them go out and double the guy who DID NOT get a max contract, while leaving the guy with the big money open or single covered.

By the end of the game, John Wall * coughs* the guy complaining about not getting paid would be crying that the Max guy was ball hogging and to give him the Damn ball!!

#PsychologicalWarfare

#DivideAndConquer

:lol: Missed that. But it's classic Phil. That dude could out mind game a Jedi.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care to converse about the comments bc I really don't care.

I think Phil needs to worry about his team bc it seems like he is frustrated that his team is in mediocrity. Just worry about yourself Phil and your shitty team that you are trying to build lol. If he is trying to get in his head, I could see why, but you really aren't going to get in Lebron's head to this point, you are just going to piss him off and you probably don't want to do that Phil.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Phil needs to worry about his team bc it seems like he is frustrated that his team is in mediocrity. Just worry about yourself Phil and your shitty team that you are trying to build lol. If he is trying to get in his head, I could see why, but you really aren't going to get in Lebron's head to this point, you are just going to piss him off and you probably don't want to do that Phil.

Meh, Phil has always popped off and spoken out of turn. It's what he does. Sometimes there isn't even a greater point like getting in someone's head.

There was really no reason to even say anything about Lebron based on what he was talking about, but Phil gonna Phil.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

all the head games and ego's and blah blah blah dont mean anything if Phil cant build a team likehe was paid a lot of money to do. As always- talent on the court is what is by far the most important aspect of winning. I think Phil is getting a big dose of that and he doesnt really like it- and lashed out.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all the head games and ego's and blah blah blah dont mean anything if Phil cant build a team likehe was paid a lot of money to do. As always- talent on the court is what is by far the most important aspect of winning. I think Phil is getting a big dose of that and he doesnt really like it- and lashed out.

All that you said rings true.

But, I don't think he spoke out of anger, nor frustration.

Phil simply likes to troll :noidea:.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that you said rings true.

But, I don't think he spoke out of anger, nor frustration.

Phil simply likes to troll :noidea:.

^^^THIS^^^

I think folks that are saying he spoke out of jealousy, frustration or to deflect away from the Knicks, are reading too much into his comments. Phil is doing what Phil has always done.

Phil trolls everyone. His own team/players, other teams/players, the refs, the league office, opposing fanbases, politicians, etc., etc. No one is spared from his trolling.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^THIS^^^

I think folks that are saying he spoke out of jealousy, frustration or to deflect away from the Knicks, are reading too much into his comments. Phil is doing what Phil has always done.

Phil trolls everyone. His own team/players, other teams/players, the refs, the league office, opposing fanbases, politicians, etc., etc. No one is spared from his trolling.
if his team wasnt failing miserably i dont think he makes that comment- i think he was a little ornery- and it was a way to deflect from his own failings- and to his credit- instead of talking about the job he has done with the knicks people are talking about something else.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. He has always done this. He's actually worse about it when his teams are successful.

From Jeanie a year or so ago after Phil was accused of comparing Curry to Mamoud Abdul-Rauf:

“Come on, he jabs at Twitter with some of his tweets. That’s Phil. And whatever comes his way, whatever washes over him in terms of criticism or backlash or whatever, he can take it. He loves it. It has invigorated him.”