• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron and Phil Jackson

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if his team wasnt failing miserably i dont think he makes that comment- i think he was a little ornery- and it was a way to deflect from his own failings- and to his credit- instead of talking about the job he has done with the knicks people are talking about something else.

Evidence to the contrary.

He does it even when he's not associated with a team.

But, sure...he does it more when he is.

However, he's a equal opportunity troll.

Knicks' Jackson criticizes LeBron, NBA offenses

Phil Jackson Throws Shade At Duke Basketball

Phil Jackson throws playoff shade at Warriors | New York Post

Phil Jackson throws the books at his team

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/may/16/sports/la-sp-phil-jackson-kobe-20130516/2

Phil Jackson -- Throws Jab at Lakers Players ... From Knicks Glass House

Phil Jackson says Lakers dynasty broke up because of Shaq's 'clown role'

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently Phil referred to lebrons group as his posse and that is somehow racially motivated
I dont get what the big deal is about Posse. Its such a joke it makes me sick. Now we cant use posse. smh. I never heard posse and black being the same word or mean something negative towards blacks.
Definition:
informal
a group of people who have a common characteristic, occupation, or purpose.

i see nothing that says black. This is the informal use of the word.

Phil stand your ground screw this people(white,black, yellow or green skin). U did nothing wrong.

Reactions: LAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well everyoneof those comes from his time at the Knicks.... i think as adrian woj said in the thing i posted--- Phil is insecure about his pathetic performance as knicks president and just lashes out once in a while- no matter who it is - maybe to take the focus off of the terrible job he has done.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get what the big deal is about Posse. Its such a joke it makes me sick. Now we cant use posse. smh. I never heard posse and black being the same word or mean something negative towards blacks.
Definition:
informal

Phil stand your ground screw this people(white,black, yellow or green skin). U did nothing wrong.

I support this. Nowadays, people get their feelings hurt over everything. Lebron's being a sensitive little kunt. Get over it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBJ keeps killing his image. Just keep your mouth shut. Just play basketball.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Posse' is in no way derogatory.

Anyone who thinks so is a fucking twat ie. lebron

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I support this. Nowadays, people get their feelings hurt over everything. Lebron's being a sensitive little kunt. Get over it.
are you saying that you dont think Phil meant it as a negative and a cut?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the people that dont like him always use this kind of stuff to reinforce their preconceived notions. LeBron's image is one of the very best we have seen out of an athlete- especially after coming back to Cleveland.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the people that dont like him always use this kind of stuff to reinforce their preconceived notions. LeBron's image is one of the very best we have seen out of an athlete- especially after coming back to Cleveland.
LOL funny stuff. Love you wiggy. U know how to make my day. He is no D. Jeter, Tim Duncan, Payton Manning, and so on and so on. LBJ is some what like Arod with out the cheating part. When Arod stop talking people started to like him. LBJ needs to do the same. Just like Arod he loves the attention. He is an attention whore.

Definition attention whore:
Label given to any person who craves attention to such an extent that they will do anything to receive it. The type of attention (negative or positive) does not matter.

Reactions: LAD

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definition:
informal

I actually agree. Not sure why Posse is a slang term or a bad thing.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Phil didn't need to make comments. Pot meets kettle.

Although, when your team is garbage you will say something to avoid that conversation. Makes sense.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Although, when your team is garbage you will say something to avoid that conversation. Makes sense.
thats what i suspected--- in an in depth interview he did a great job of shifting the conversation from the pretty terrible job he has done to something that has absolutely zero to do with him----- it is hilarious how people will criticize lebron for merely responding to a slight- and not the guy who actually opened his mouth and said something stupid to begin with.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He probably did mean it negatively in a bad light. Lebron's entourage has a bad reputation in the league for wanting preferrential treatment, and that's the main point. But jesus christ, he referred to your (Lebron's) friends as a group, just used a different term which in our history has not really had any negative meaning, until now apparently. Lebron's trying to detract the view from his entourage being an issue and trying to make it out of race.

People get so god damn sensitive over minuscule shit.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're so ridiculous with your "Lebron can do no wrong" stance every time he gets criticized. There is absolutely zero reason for Lebron to be upset because Phil called his posse a posse.

There's no "preconceived" anything. Lebron creates most of the bashing he gets because he does and says stupid shit. If he'd stfu and play basketball, he wouldn't get bashed so much.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably did mean it negatively in a bad light. Lebron's entourage has a bad reputation in the league for wanting preferrential treatment, and that's the main point. But jesus christ, he referred to your (Lebron's) friends as a group, just used a different term which in our history has not really had any negative meaning, until now apparently. Lebron's trying to detract the view from his entourage being an issue and trying to make it out of race.

People get so god damn sensitive over minuscule shit.

Agree.

I have zero issue with LeBron catching feelings over what Phil said.

Jackson clearly meant to disparage him for he and his Team's Diva ways.

But, to try and make such an insignificant choice of word, the focal point of his dismay, is Fucking ridiculous.

Posse, Team, Crew, Click, Nexus, Flock are all synonymous.

Thank God he didn't use "Tribe".

That would have had Big Perm, Rev. Al, Jesse Jackson and Gloria Alred calling a 10am presser.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're so ridiculous with your "Lebron can do no wrong" stance every time he gets criticized. There is absolutely zero reason for Lebron to be upset because Phil called his posse a posse.

There's no "preconceived" anything. Lebron creates most of the bashing he gets because he does and says stupid shit. If he'd stfu and play basketball, he wouldn't get bashed so much.
ill be the first one to criticize lebron when he deserves it-

like the Kevin love- fit in- dont fit out- text---- the Decision, his passive aggressiveness at times, undermining Blatt at times. LeBron is far from perfect and does some strange things at times.

Responding to idiotic comments that Phil clearly meant as disparaging is not one of those times.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Phil has always taken jabs at people. It's what he does. It doesn't matter if his team is championship caliber, middle of the road or terrible. It's what he does. As Mecca pointed out, he doesn't even need to be affiliated with a team to troll.

Should he have said anything at all? No. Especially when considering that Lebron had nothing to do with what he was talking about anyway. But that's what Phil does and everyone knows it.

For Lebron to even comment on it only makes Lebron look bad, especially when he tries to turn it into something racial.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Phil meant it as... Lebron and his friends.. aka posse.

Black people need to chill the fuck out and grab some tissues. I'm tired of everything offending them it's ridiculous. Man the fuck up Lebron!

What happen to players just saying, "I have no comment" because they know the media just wants bait them and they want a shit storm?? Are players even more stupid now + uber sensitive?

Everything is getting so pussified :L

:L