• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron and Phil Jackson

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really this stupid? Really?!?

That wasn't even close to what I said. I've already warned you in the past about your making shit up and taking things out of context. Do you want to continue to test me? Or shall I delete the post for you?
First of all, there was no reason for him to say anything. Everyone with 2 brain cells to rub together knows Phil is a troll.

what did you mean by that? That LeBron shouldnt respond because he knows that Phil Jackson just likes running his mouth?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Phil was disparaging their career achievements because they were black?

Because, that's the issue at hand here.

Nobody is denying that Phil meant it as a slight.

The issue being debated is why LeBron chose to see his barb as racial in nature.
i dont think he uses the word "posse" if he is describing Larry Bird - or Kevin Love or Dirk etc.(or Porzingis for that matter) and his associates, do you?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I agree and didn't take any offense to what you said about the subject.

Someone pointed out his hypocrisy yesterday.

Posse is derogatory.

But, wearing a hat with a red faced Indian on it is cool.

Can't have it both ways.

My high school mascot in Illinois was the Redskins. I don't see a problem with it.. It's not like we are wiping our ass with Redskin toilet paper. We were competing to win and honor the Redskin name. We all took pride in beating the hell out of everyone we could with that Jersey on. We sure as hell didn't go back and piss on our jerseys.

It's not a battle. Not a war. It's a freaking game. And you rarely hear from the "Indians" about being offended and they could pull out their "indian" card and bitch alot more than anyone else in this country.

Posse is about as derogatory as saying Me and my gang. or so and so and his gang. You know what the guy meant, why dive into it and make it into a big deal. This is what the media does. Which is why most mature people would say "no comment" and understand they most likely baited both parties involved.

Does Lebron have a possee? Does he roll 6-7 deep to clubs/restaurants/etc?

Hell I wish I had a possee. We had one back in my late teens/20s. :lol:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey...stop that!

Don't expect it to last. They are playing well, but they still have quite a ways to go and need more experience. I'm interested to see how they handle the inevitable 3-5 losing streak.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next thing you know Kool and the Gang will be getting pissed someone referred to them as a gang.

For fuck sakes make it stop!

For the record, they would like to be recognized as Kool and the "peacefully assembled ".

Get down on it was the shit back in the day!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, there was no reason for him to say anything. Everyone with 2 brain cells to rub together knows Phil is a troll.

what did you mean by that? That LeBron shouldnt respond because he knows that Phil Jackson just likes running his mouth?

Basically, yes. It has absolutely nothing to do with how good or bad his team is (which I never implied), it's what he's always done. I also said, and you left out (which is why you are close to being banned from this thread) that him defending his friends isn't the issue, his trying to make it racial is.

Now, do you want to keep playing stupid? Or shall I delete that post for you?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My high school mascot in Illinois was the Redskins. I don't see a problem with it.. It's not like we are wiping our ass with Redskin toilet paper. We were competing to win and honor the Redskin name. We all took pride in beating the hell out of everyone we could with that Jersey on. We sure as hell didn't go back and piss on our jerseys.

It's not a battle. Not a war. It's a freaking game. And you rarely hear from the "Indians" about being offended and they could pull out their "indian" card and bitch alot more than anyone else in this country.

Posse is about as derogatory as saying Me and my gang. or so and so and his gang. You know what the guy meant, why dive into it and make it into a big deal. This is what the media does. Which is why most mature people would say "no comment" and understand they most likely baited both parties involved.

Does Lebron have a possee? Does he roll 6-7 deep to clubs/restaurants/etc?

Hell I wish I had a possee. We had one back in my late teens/20s. :lol:

I'm not qualified to comment on the issue.

I have seen some Native Americans that couldn't give a flying Fuck and some who act like you slapped their mama's.

Luckily, I don't support any Teams with Native American Mascots.

So, I choose to remain blissfully ignorant and noncommittal....lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Phil was disparaging their career achievements because they were black?

Because, that's the issue at hand here.

Nobody is denying that Phil meant it as a slight.

The issue being debated is why LeBron chose to see his barb as racial in nature.
did you see the NWA movie with Ice Cube's son as Cube?

remember the scene where Dre has Pac in the studio- Dre and walks out into the lobby of the studio and sees Suge and all those gansters sitting around- that didnt do anything or contribute anything and are just pure-hangers on?--and Dre goes crazy- saying- tHATS my name on the wall- who the EFF are you-- that is what i envision when someone uses the word "posse".

Maverick CArter and Rich Paul are millionaires in their own right now. To call them a "posse" like that i thought was a clear message Jackson was sending.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not qualified to comment on the issue.

I have seen some Native Americans that couldn't give a flying Fuck and some who act like you slapped their mama's.

Luckily, I don't support any Teams with Native American Mascots.

So, I choose to remain blissfully ignorant and noncommittal....lol

You have the PC thing down! I want to know what you really think.. ;)
[

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't expect it to last. They are playing well, but they still have quite a ways to go and need more experience. I'm interested to see how they handle the inevitable 3-5 losing streak.

Oh you can bet on it that I'm hoping the Lakers have a long losing streak this year, like 30+. A much more important topic though...will Swappy P have more assists or turnovers this year? And I suggest if Walton does too good of a job that he be replaced by Mike Brown.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically, yes. It has absolutely nothing to do with how good or bad his team is (which I never implied), it's what he's always done. I also said, and you left out (which is why you are close to being banned from this thread) that him defending his friends isn't the issue, his trying to make it racial is.

Now, do you want to keep playing stupid? Or shall I delete that post for you?
you think he uses the word posse to describe dirk and his friends or love and his friends or porzingis and his friends?

i sure dont.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think he uses the word "posse" if he is describing Larry Bird - or Kevin Love or Dirk etc.(or Porzingis for that matter) and his associates, do you?

I am honestly not trying to be obstinate.

I don't understand why you say that.

Posse was always a term of endearment for a group of friends when I was growing up.

If anything, I think it shows that Phil's trying to be hip vocab is dated.

Nothing more.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh you can bet on it that I'm hoping the Lakers have a long losing streak this year, like 30+. A much more important topic though...will Swappy P have more assists or turnovers this year? And I suggest if Walton does too good of a job that he be replaced by Mike Brown.

Swaggy has actually been playing pretty well. He's even been seen playing defense. :shocked:

I'm starting to think Luke might be some kind of Shaman or something.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am honestly not trying to be obstinate.

I don't understand why you say that.

Posse was always a term of endearment for a group of friends when I was growing up.

If anything, I think it shows that Phil's trying to be hip vocab is dated.

Nothing more.
so wait- you think he WOULD use the word posse in reference to Dirk or Love or Porzingis or Bird and their associates/friends/business partners? i didnt get your answer. i dont think so. i think he would have said friends or associates or Dirk and his firm or company or something like that.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you see the NWA movie with Ice Cube's son as Cube?

remember the scene where Dre has Pac in the studio- Dre and walks out into the lobby of the studio and sees Suge and all those gansters sitting around- that didnt do anything or contribute anything and are just pure-hangers on?--and Dre goes crazy- saying- tHATS my name on the wall- who the EFF are you-- that is what i envision when someone uses the word "posse".

Maverick CArter and Rich Paul are millionaires in their own right now. To call them a "posse" like that i thought was a clear message Jackson was sending.

Posse:

Medicine-Lodge-bank-robbery-posse.jpg

screen-shot-2015-07-22-at-11-36-41-am.png

hogantechinsider.jpg

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swaggy has actually been playing pretty well. He's even been seen playing defense. :shocked:

I'm starting to think Luke might be some kind of Shaman or something.

Wait, what...Swappy P plays defense?:surprised:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think he uses the word posse to describe dirk and his friends or love and his friends or porzingis and his friends?

i sure dont.

In fairness, do any of those guys travel in a pack?

He could have used the word Entourage and it would have made the exact same point.

Bron and his guys are Divas.

He should be mad that his words implied that they are hangerons or that LeBron himself thinks he's bigger than the Team.

That's reasonable.

The racial angle is not.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so wait- you think he WOULD use the word posse in reference to Dirk or Love or Porzingis or Bird and their associates/friends/business partners? i didnt get your answer. i dont think so. i think he would have said friends or associates or Dirk and his firm or company or something like that.

They don't have possees. So no.

:lol: at comparing Bird and Dirk to Lebron.

Put that helmet back on Wiggs

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"What about Bill Walton and Vlade Divac and their possees"?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is how JAckson used the word posse in 2004

The young men grow so dependent on their posse’s (sic), who fetch their cars and their girls, that they can’t possibly develop into mature, self-sufficient human beings. One day, I’m convinced we’ll find out the true extent of the psychological damage that’s being caused.”

and you guys are trying to say he did not mean it in a negative connotation with racial overtones? I think thats blindness.

Phil Jackson's 'posse' comment explains exactly why the Knicks are struggling

James first reacted to Jackson’s comments by merely saying that he lost respect for the former coach of Los Angeles Lakers and Chicago Bulls. It was at this point that the conversation surrounding this story degenerated into “LeBron James says that Phil Jackson is racist,” which wasn’t really accurate or particularly fair to either party. As Anthony took pains to point out, he didn’t know whether the racial tinge in Jackson’s use of the term “posse” was intentional or not. What does seem to be beyond debate is that Jackson was using the word “posse” to belittle James and his associates and that it wasn’t the first time he’s employed the word to take a clear shot at James.

ESPN’s Rachel Nichols posted an excerpt from Jackson’s book The Last Season, about his time with the 2004 Los Angeles Lakers, where he chided James for heading into the NBA straight out of high school: “The young men grow so dependent on their posse’s (sic), who fetch their cars and their girls, that they can’t possibly develop into mature, self-sufficient human beings. One day, I’m convinced we’ll find out the true extent of the psychological damage that’s being caused.”