• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron and Phil Jackson

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the people that dont like him always use this kind of stuff to reinforce their preconceived notions. LeBron's image is one of the very best we have seen out of an athlete- especially after coming back to Cleveland.

oh my stars and garters...

here we go AGAIN...:L

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't bother me for a couple of reasons.

1.) As you say, it really doesn't affect me. I'm not Native American and I don't follow any teams with Native American names.

2.) I don't see a lot of Native Americans complaining about it. I suppose if I did, I would agree that those names should be changed. But if they don't seem bothered by it, why should I be?

Agree.

Out in the I.E., we come across quite a few Native Americans because we hit Pechanga and the Winery often.

Never seen any desent, protests.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stand together or fall apart.

It's just stupid to start a bunch of racial shit in this century. No reason to go backwards. And let go of the dumb shit that was done a long time ago.

It was a different time. This ancient Egypt and shit. Slavery is done. We should be focusing on kids and doing good deeds for people no matter what race they are. Problem is the media and their negative addiction with spin, creating drama anywhere they can.

How many people stopped watching the news years ago? Or am I on the only one?

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not qualified to comment on the issue.

I have seen some Native Americans that couldn't give a flying Fuck and some who act like you slapped their mama's.

Luckily, I don't support any Teams with Native American Mascots.

So, I choose to remain blissfully ignorant and noncommittal....lol

i do, but then my family background is largely Native American . so i got no issue...:D

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just stupid to start a bunch of racial shit in this century. No reason to go backwards. And let go of the dumb shit that was done a long time ago.

It was a different time. This ancient Egypt and shit. Slavery is done. We should be focusing on kids and doing good deeds for people no matter what race they are. Problem is the media and their negative addiction with spin, creating drama anywhere they can.

How many people stopped watching the news years ago? Or am I on the only one?

I am selective with it.

I stopped completely when I worked in the Jail.

Kinda hard to see that a serial child molester has been caught and then walk into work and see him sitting on the front bench at your workstation.

Reactions: LAD

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a certain segment of the population who tries to find racism, sexism and homophobia in every statement a white person makes. Its fucking pathetic.

I agree... but does anyone honestly think LeBron fits into that category?

As far as I know... he does not have a history of invoking the race card really at all. In fact when it comes to sensitive issues and politics he seems very even-keeled and responsible to me.

For that reason... I'm willing to give him a little of the benefit of the doubt here. I won't join in on criticizing Phil Jackson for racism because I don't see it at all.... but I don't have a problem with LeBron expressing his opinion on the matter.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As far as I know... he does not have a history of invoking the race card really at all. In fact when it comes to sensitive issues and politics he seems very even-keeled and responsible to me.

For that reason... I'm willing to give him a little of the benefit of the doubt here. I won't join in on criticizing Phil Jackson for racism because I don't see it at all.... but I don't have a problem with LeBron expressing his opinion on the matter.

See, this is why I dig you, Gordon.

Both you and Shane have expressed that Bron is well within his rights to see this as a slight.

But, you are not cosigning that the barb is racial in nature.

You can support someone, give them the benefit of the doubt, without slopping thru the mud.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing...

As a white middle-to-upper class male... I don't think I'll ever feel comfortable telling a minority not to be offended for perceived prejudice. I might disagree that a person has a good reason to feel offended... but who am I to try to discount something that I can't possibly understand.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have no problem with Lebron if he were to tell Phil to mind his own damn business and focus on the dumpster fire that's the Knicks. Hell, I'd probably want to send him a beer. But this woe is me you're racially profiling me (Lebron) and my associated by calling us a posse reeks of vaginal discharge.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they really see it as the N word or someone being in blackface?

well, historically speaking when the slaves escaped northward the tribes that took them in believed they were great warriors because of their dark hue. apparently a lot of the Native Americans darkened their skins as a sign of their prowess. my family was one of those...

guessing you PROBABLY knew this stuff studying history...:D

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First time ever being a crybaby though? This is Lebron being crybaby because what Phil said about him being an attention whore and rolling with his posse 1 extra night in Cleveland is correct.

Therefore...

race_card.gif

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

Out in the I.E., we come across quite a few Native Americans because we hit Pechanga and the Winery often.

Never seen any desent, protests.

I lived within about 15 minutes of Soboba for about 15+ years. Never saw or heard any protests. Heck, I've seen folks from Soboba in gear representing teams like the Redskins, Indians, etc.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am selective with it.

I stopped completely when I worked in the Jail.

Kinda hard to see that a serial child molester has been caught and then walk into work and see him sitting on the front bench at your workstation.

Yeah that's tough. Dam

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So not having a history of playing the race card makes it okay to play the race card on this?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, historically speaking when the slaves escaped northward the tribes that took them in believed they were great warriors because of their dark hue. apparently a lot of the Native Americans darkened their skins as a sign of their prowess. my family was one of those...

guessing you PROBABLY knew this stuff studying history...:D

What about the Native American Mascot thing?

How sensitive an issue?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what?

your actual argument is everyone knows Phil is really biter that he sucks at his job and he gets mad and jabs at people so there is no reason to defend yourself and your friends? lol.
Wiggy, For some strange reason I like you as a person, but you really are mixed up. Phil majored in psychology in college and is an expert on psychology. Phil likes to play mind games with his opponents in order to gain any kind of an advantage in the next game. Both you and Lebron played right into his hands by responding because now the players are thinking about it the next time they play the Knicks the next time and he's hoping that gives his team an edge.

Or in short as TrojanFan said - He is a troll